[LCN] Raid Boss [BETA] Walkthrough and Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well I apologize if my response came off as rude, it was more meant to be informative. There are several ways to communicate with other players in game if you do not have them as FB friends.

2. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

One thing Mitch I understand you dont wanna push people away and I dont think you realized it is doing that. I appreciate you coming and speaking on behalf of Kano about not wanting anyone to leave. We are asking you to take a total overlook at it and see where the players that you made this for to be sorta fun, but it aint that way and seems you wanna turn a blind eye everytime we complain with a nice way to say suck it up buttercup. Sorry If i seem rude is how i feel.

3. Sir Opinion Alot

Thanks Mitch I have created a fb chat just for Raid boss's I did think of that I understand alot was overwhelmed like VC I took a few days in advance to start looking it didnt help to much those dont wanna waste FPS on my boss ~not your fault they dont wanna use them~ I just hope a happy median can be found :)

4. true blood

true blood Member

Let me clear somethings about VC players.We are spents too maybe more then VC players.The reason of our level low is difference between the exp bar system.At VC rate is 1/25 but LCN is 1/150 for example when you need 25000k experince bar at level 1000 we have 150000k experience that means our game leader 10k level means 60k level at VC experience bar system.And even we spent same maybe more then VC guys we have 6 times low skill points then VC players.While that (not even say more negative things agaist VC key system etc) how you guys can compare and try to help without knowing anything about LCN.Im play VC too but im not saying anything there what people more piss while they already reach max piss capacity.

Wanna help us ? Then first say down this bosses defance 6 times then this one.do 25 energy thing to the 5 energy then sure more people think to kill or open this bosses until that moment noone will be happy and stop yelling here.

5. Sir Opinion Alot

Just seen another issue bug whatever a member of my raid killed it twice and cant attack I know that but when he tries to heal says the heal aint there that he can't do nothing at all not even heal. Dont know how true just thought Id let you know what i was told :)

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So I just talked with the developers and they'll be making some adjustments to this current Raid Boss based on what you guys have said in this thread. It won't be anything ginormous, but it should help with the proceedings.
    • Adjusting key drop rates
    • Buffing damage done by players to the Raid Boss
    • Evaluating Superior item drop rates
    • Evaluating XP gained during the event
    We've also discussed alterations for scaling the Raid Bosses to smaller tier sizes so you could theoretically do it with a party of 10 or fewer, and while that will not make it in for this Boss it is something we'll take a good look at for the future.

7. Sir Opinion Alot

Thanks sounds better than not hearing nothing at all Mitch sorry You are having such a hard time with this, I am glad I am not in your shoes

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Can you PM me his user ID or get him to contact me and I'll get a developer on it.

9. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

Mitch.... thank you. this is all we're asking for.... parity. as pointed out, we at lcn fb aren't asking for anything outrageous, we just want to be able to do this boss as it was meant to be played. i'd hoped you could make some on the fly changes, and now that this is being accomplished, i believe some of us will go back in, and see how it's affected the current boss psychematic. in addition to what you've already stated, is it possible to increase the fake cash too ? currently, it's laughable ;).

oh, and as to increasing the key drop rate.... how about a little comp for those of us who didn't have this luxury afforded us ?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I suggest you revisit the Xp dropping with 10% after every time the boss perished. Its enough that the player its blocked from further attacks after he done that 2 times, but punishing for this everyone else and expecting that players to make tens of refills for a reduced XP its just ireal. Its like you invite players to chain that player out from the game.

If a boss is defeated, will everyone get the achievement just like in VC?

Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  11. mi7ch, we're not bothered about the fact it's a challenge. It's a fact you want us to sink 170,000 stamina into something that can be done for multiple people. With how you have it set out at the moment they'll never have more than about 3 raid bosses killed every week. It is entirely unrealistic to expect people to shell out enough money for them to be able to kill it. Wend's only died because 400 FPs on his side. I wholeheartedly expect that even a full party of 30 couldn't kill a Raid Boss without spending on refills.

It just feels like a cash grab.

Mirana and Aapje like this.
  12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The way it is looking, many players won't be able to finish it at all.
    I understand that you tend to look at the top players when designing features, but you really should pay a little bit of attention to the other 95% of players too.

Mirana likes this.
  13. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Mitch, can you explain the boss kill rewards. how many do we get? is it just 1 or 3. with random superior for each of the 3 (or 1) and do we get xp and cash bonus for the boss kill like the world bosses?

14. We don't necessarily want to be able to do it with fewer people. We want for it to be realistically done in under 3 days. At the moment, without a ridiculous amount of refills from the highest echelons, it's not happening.

The closest to dying boss on Kong LCN at the moment is 1 day in with 215 million left. That sounds alright, but the top person is a level 4.7k who has put in 114571 actions. There is no way she hasn't refilled a ridiculous amount of times for 114,000 actions. Adding up the rest doesn't even match it.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You get 1 drop. It is random as to whether that drop is Common or Superior, unless this is your first summoned boss or you are the top performing player in your level tier (total actions). You also get Cash and XP.

16. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

thanks Mitch, so everyone who has done min of 250 actions gets a drop reward, xp and cash?

17. It also doesn't help that you can't exactly see through a average player's perspective. You've put 35k actions into your boss as a level 1200 on Kong, so you're clearly using significantly more refills than we have available without spending too much.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Correct, although if they only contribute the minimum of 250 actions their reward won't be particularly large. :)

19. I put in 400 or so actions into Wend's boss, got a common drop and 34% of my level. Wend did over 200k and got 80% of his level. the differences aren't that big.

20. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The way I see it, the boss should be doable in the allotted time with 15 players (10 mid-tier, 4 low, 1 top) that play well and do not do refills. There will be a ton of bosses without full teams or with a player in there who messes up, so with such a setup most players can probably do 1 boss, which isn't too many, now is it?
    The goal to ensure that the top players do not do many raid bosses seems quite idiotic, given the fact that there are many more low-level than high-level players. So the combination of requiring the same number of high-level players as mid-level as low-level in combination with an enormous difficulty is so dumb that it boggles the mind that this wasn't obvious to Kano at the beginning. The top players can't help low players like this, so you are obviously shutting out a huge number of mid-level players and even more low level players.
    Given your dismissive responses* I have little hope that you will truly fix this. It is much better to overcompensate now and have it a little too easy, to fix later, than the opposite. Right now you are making a huge number of players hate this new feature. Is that what you want? This is the kind of move that makes many players leave the game.

* Like "It won't be anything ginormous," after first taking 13 pages of posts to even recognize that there is a problem. This just shows that you value sticking to your guns over making your customers happy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    ExtremeRules likes this.