[ZS] Ambush rework

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Oct 29, 2014.

?

Should ambushes be unbeatable?

1. No. They should diminish attack but not be unbeatable.

26.7%
  2. No. They should be randomized.

26.7%
  3. Yes. Leave it alone. I NEED them.

46.7%
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I would propose that we rework the ambush system. Instead of a straight 1000% unbeatable feature, why not randomize it somewhat like the critical boost or the punch system. This was add a fun dimension to the game. Would be nice if when 41 are set on you, you have a chance to beat a few.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind seeing them limited such as you can't keep 41 on anyone but I understand that would be asking too much since there are many all attack accounts that rely on them to be able to play.

But there should be no issue with tricking them up so that it is randomized amount.

RainSunGone likes this.
  2. Tjak

Tjak New Member

Great Idea - for those who have 25% of wins as ambushes - or for those that are punshers ..........

RainSunGone likes this.
  3. bbean37

bbean37 New Member

that would be cool

4. ONE_EYE_JOE

ONE_EYE_JOE New Member

Dosnt really matter to some. I myself blow right threw them when there on me. I dont use the boobies or bushes at all.

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't play Zombies, but I would say leave them the way they are. I'm maxed out at 10 counters, so I can't set as many as I would like. Even when I do, the opponent just burns through them because it takes longer to set them (too many clicks) than to attack and puts me in the hospital anyway, then lists me for setting the counters. Maybe at lower levels they are helpful, but once you move up they are pretty useless. You can't set all the counters that you would like to, so 10 automatic wins isn't really a big deal.

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

In PC you can set 75 In VC and LCN only 10 after a certain Level till it gets to10 max they start to become less and less,but if I remember right ya start off as a new player with 75 . I like the # 10 in VC and LCN better than the 75 in PC ( cause of that stupid feature , Cagematching. ughhhhh

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Totally different.

On ZS you only get 41 attacks total. So if they set 41 ambushes.....

well there ya go.

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Ah, I knew there was a reason why I didn't play Zombies... I didn't realize that there was an attack limit. Sort of like Pirates is different due to caging. Someone should not be able to win all 41 attacks against you every day over and over, but I don't think I can change my vote, sorry.

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Lol kind of stacking the deck with your options up there, no vote here but i will say they should stay as they are, even if randomized it makes them pointless and diminishing would prove pointless as well, once theyve completely diminished the people that use them would suicide or hide to ambush another day so why waste developer time fixin somethin that aint broke?

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

keep the ambush feature as it is help the lower levels

11. DSA

DSA New Member

HaHaHa... The players 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-thousand-levels (plus) HIGHER THAN MY OWN LEVEL will happily keep hitting me 41 times - or 101 times - if I never win. I never see the damage "randomly weighted" enough to allow me to win against such an attack - never mind any chance to win a "few".
    Seems to me, being the only defense against such a mismatched opponent, the Ambush should remain as-is. And being a strictly defensive measure... you've only yourself to thank for running into 1 or 41.
    <hr>
    ...I would concede, however, that Ambush POLICY could use some of that tricking up - or at least explain to me how it works now, so I can minimize the growing disadvantage.
    Consider this:

That's what my Ambush/Rig dashboard tells me. It's gone steadily down from 17 to 12, one-by-one, over only the last week or so (least it feels that quick).
    WHAT CONTROLS THIS TOTAL NUMBER AVAILABLE?
    I still can't notice what it might correspond to - HOW DO I STOP IT GETTING SMALLER?
    ...RAISE IT?
    and, HOW DOES ONE GET 41 to use?
    While it's an appreciated counter-attack and/or deterrent, too few (for one's level?) quickly becomes a disadvantage. Their value is having enough to leave a few "armed" for a fair number of attackers if need be. And from time-to-time, the need is.

[I AM JUST OVER LEVEL 1300, FOR REFERENCE]

THANKS!

12. Kirsten

As far as the number of ambushes you can use,going down that is normal as you level ya start off with 75 (if I remember right) and eventually the max is 10, there is no stopping it or raising it.

DSA likes this.
  13. DSA

DSA New Member

Ah, I see... Thank You, Kirsten!
    Considering that very logical progression, it seems the tempering of Ambush-use like thread was calling for, ls already incorporated. Definitely in this case, they should remain as is.

After all, besides this limitation there is the increase in cost of every successive Ambush against the same individual - simply withdrawing the money to buy it, leaves money briefly unprotected against attack, also.
    It's sounding pretty fair, now. Heck, I'd rather see a larger max. total of counter-measures, to split between Ambush and Rig as one chooses. No need to Ambush if one can win against the opponent's attacks.
    [Forgot last time to mention I'm referring to MobWars lcn]

14. Kirsten

The "traps" stay at 50 ( rigged ignitions,in LCN) and the ambushes get cheaper the more the person attacks and you do not retaliate, stay below the attacks when you attack someone that uses them against you,it is expensive for them then .

15. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

havnt read through everyhting but if it was to be redone here is what i think would be a good way-

have it so that the more ambushes you get the stronger they become so they start out somewhat weak but as the guy keeps attacking you you can say you gain more experience about him wich makes the trap stronger so could have some reason along those lines for why the more traps you have that the guy burns through it gets stronger

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

REALLY?

AlterEgoT likes this.
  17. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

you know instead of always criticizing everything i say how about you actualy state a reason or reasons as to why you dont like the ideas i propose? i mean i would be glad to answer or reply to any question or concern you have. i can make it as simple as possible for you to understand what i am trying to say if the way i word something isnt good enough

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

1ST off you stated haven't read the whole thread, 2nd your trying to grab your idea on a existing idea, I bet you counter/ambush a lot.. Only 1 page to read.

19. Kirsten

The only problem I see with ambushes are the script users who never die on them.

Demonik1 likes this.
  20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Maybe dealing more damage but increasing the exp that way just opens it up for alt abuse, half decent idea