Removing Speakers from Facebook and Kano Play Server 1 World Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 27, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

This morning we will be making the World Chat for all games on Facebook and Kano Play server 1 free to use, meaning that Speakers will no longer be required to post. Our diligent Support staff will be keeping an extra close eye on chat reports, so if anyone decides to take this opportunity to go hog wild they should not be surprised if they lose their privileges to talk in the World Chat.

I know that this choice might not be popular with everyone, but this is something we have been debating for a while and seeing players on Viking Clan on FB and KP server 1 help each other out during the Viking Clan Raid Boss release inspired us to make this change. We want players to be able to help each other without anything blocking them from doing so.

If you have purchased Speakers on FB or KP server 1 within the past day or so, please contact Support to receive a refund.

2. gods people

gods people Active Member

what about my existing 873 speakers. can i get something for them.

3. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Finally !!!

4. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

How about turn them in to fps :D

MobMan likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If the Speakers were purchased in the past day or so, then yes, we will turn them back into FPs. Right now Speakers awarded as part of normal gameplay can't be redeemed for anything.

6. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I some how thing those who have unused speakers should be compensated in some way...after all they were part of their daily reward...they earned them..

7. Hopefully this isn't the first step in the direction of a Raid Boss for LCN.

8. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

So does this mean the Raid Boss will be coming back within the next week or two. I do think this sounds good in some ways, but also bad. There are some of us that use them for finding people to join our guilds or to add us. So people will be talking all of the time and many won't get the help needed.

9. Dark Tanker

Dark Tanker New Member

does me no good, kano banned me from chating with no reason at all.

Jared likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

WTG Finally. Thanks :)

11. ManicFury

ManicFury New Member

So, great, now the chat will be nothing but non-stop "add me" links from low level newcomers. Kano will have to take steps to prevent that from occurring... perhaps make it known that they will be temp banned from world chat the first time, and subsequent add me spams will result in longer bans.

12. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

It DOES open WC up to being the ultimate spamming machine. It was already bad enough with people posting every little thing they do in the game :(

13. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I agree that the people who have (or had) Speakers for the World Chat should be compensated in some way! I used Favor Points to Purchase World Speakers in the beginning of the game, and the rest of my Speakers were earned as part of an award - now these Speakers are obsolete, and Kano is providing no form of compensation? To me (and many others I have heard from), this is not fair to the Players who have used their resources (in the form of Favor Points or going the extra mile to obtain a Reward for playing the game everyday) to earn the World Speakers and then have them taken away without being compensated accordingly!

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll see if I can get the developers to whip something up.

15. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Thank you mi7ch! I truly believe it is the right thing to do, and you have always been more than fair in my experience! :D

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I would like it if the add me links and boss links were in on spot, same spot would be fine,there is a player in PC who constantly posts other peoples bosses in the reg chat, sometimes people need info and it gets lost when someone keeps posting bosses ,(not even his) there.

17. grim

grim Member

I did purchase some with fp's early on but as others have said, earned a lot by working at it and being a daily player. I'm kind of happy that they decided to make this free, and hope that they come up with something for those who have accrued speakers and now have no use for them. Would be nice for sure. I see they've already taken the tokens notification off the page. Can't even see how many I did have...I do know it was a lot though. Always made sure I had enough to go off on a rant if need be...lol

Kirsten likes this.
  18. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Glad i took a screenshot of the speakers i had remaining this morning....i never purchased speakers but they did come as part of the daily reward we earned....would be nice to be able to cash them in so to say...,,hey mi7ch i do like that blinged out goose you have as your avatar....LOL...id take that for a trade of speakers if you add some attack/defense stats to it ... :p

19. Jaczilla

Jaczilla New Member

I never used any of my Speakers since my birth 1,911 days ago, but a suitable compensation should be offered to all players in my opinion.

Kano Moderator 2 likes this.
  20. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

It would be nicer if people only used the World Chat for talking and have the Jobs for the bosses. Then add a new one for those that are wanting others to add them or looking for someone to join their guilds.

Kirsten likes this.