Upcoming Battle Arena Changes Effective Next Week

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Oct 16, 2014.

1. im the beast

im the beast Member

this wont change anything like rain said were still figure out who is who by stats or health rewards b able to chat and save the same players and attack when rdy it will just slow it a bit.wont change ranking. now the point system will/would change it a little still pretty much being the same top 20 in a different order.the issue is amount joining theres no need to change everything up...i for 1 like the ideal of a point system its still not gonna change rankings that much at least not on fb zs..i really dont like the game givin name at all thats silly to me..to everyone who says its all about big level players thats not true ive always done well in ba wasnt always big still dont consider my self high level and ive won, pretty much if im on playing kinda go out when i rdy but thats the key is playing thr the whole ba cant walk away ext ext you might die lol.anyways my 2 cent
    Total Attacks: 2079672 Top 5% Finishes: 50
    Total Kills: 2876 Top 10% Finishes: 55
    Top 20% Finishes: 55
    added stats my help my words hold alittle more weight

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.
  2. Bocce

Bocce Member

Player Anonymity:

Players will still choose a nickname if they so desire when they register for the Arena. During the duration of the event, everyone on the list will appear with the same generic name so you don't know who you're attacking. Targets can still be saved like in the past, but the search function will no longer be a part of the Arena. At the end of the event, the nicknames (or actual names) of the winners will be published. The list of targets will be randomized for everyone.

I understand why this is being implemented. Too many people took the opportunity to create a name to disparage other players. The only people to blame are those sophomoric few. I cannot complain about this being implanted. I do not like it, because I enjoyed coming up with unique and fun names. For part two of this see my response below.

Stamina Slider:

The Stamina Slider will remain as is until a player is under 25% of their max Health. At that point, players attacking them will be able to use a 1 to 10 Stamina Slider. In summation, 100 - 25% Health on your target is a 1 to 3 Slider when you are attacking. 25% and under on your target is a 1 to 10 Slider when you are attacking.

I can see this helping the poachers out greatly. When I person tries to poach, there is some warning. If attacks happen simultaneously, a message appears letting the attacker know. Now the poacher can set back longer knowing the slide is their ally. Tap, tap, tap, tap, slide, steel, before the attacker has knowledge a person is trying to poach. The original attacker will have stop attacking make the adjustment to the slider, or chance no one watching.

This gets a negative vote from me.

All players are now anonymous during the Arena and there is no more search function.

I hate this one most of all scarecrow! No more search function Grrrrrrrrr! I get all my kills from using the search function and attacking the prey from the results. This is terrible. This is in place for all the squeaky wheels who want to sit back do as little as possible and place well in the game. How about making some changes for those who want to BATTLE! Like not allowing people to start in D stance. Not being allowed to activate d until they have done 1000 attacks.

I am glad I have already won in the BA, for I feel I just played my last. I will let the next few BA’s play out and see responses before my final decision.

Battle Arena

Total Attacks: 1942176

Top 5% Finishes: 36

Total Kills: 2644

Top 10% Finishes: 39

Top 20% Finishes: 43

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The people with the most resources win and prob should win , but these changes will help with players who do nothing but hide ,they will be forced to actually play by the the time all these tweaks are implemented,besides this is supposed to be a solo event, no names will help alot with that ,no search bar also, sure high levels near the end will be able to maybe figure out who is who by their kill reward, but by then the turtles will be found and not protected by agreements and hopefully no one will be safe from anyone, so a winner is not decided before hand by a group of friends,You win or lose on your own merits,that is an Arena.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Actually, I get kills sniped by higher levels all the time. Just part of the strategy, let someone else burn all of their stamina taking a target down and swoop in for the kill. Or get taken out by the higher level player if you happen to get the last shot in and keep them from sniping it. I've tried going after them, but they take me out, anyway. Either way, the snipers won't go away, they will just have to work harder if the kill shot link doesn't show up anymore. Not sure it really makes a difference, but I'm sure I'll hear about it (I can't participate in any of them after tonight for at least the next round, if not longer).

5. Bleeny

Bleeny New Member

I ask because I have given up trying to get kills. Happened more than once that I got instantly killed after getting the death blow screen (no matter if I brought a target down or sniped a kill). Which makes battle arena even less fun if killing is the best way to get killed.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Thought new changes were suppose to be in effect this round on FB VC?

7. im the beast

im the beast Member

Thu Oct 23 22:00:00 PDT

3:03:09:30

Battle Time:

3 days

8. im the beast

im the beast Member

they start then for lcn mob wars read people

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well excuse me, reading in council club and other posts, it was not clear for VC.

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Easier to level therefore refilling their base stamina? I only get 50 stamina when I level, that's not a refill for me

11. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Not really Kano's fault you didn't want to invest. They can't hand the thing to you.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. AlterEgoT

BA was structured to be percentage based not actual points invested based. so therefore More attack means nada it's all in the percentage in each.

Highlevels don't get enough xp on it's own in ba to level they have to use boosts and wb hits etc to use the xp to level. So there again it evens out.

Could it be tweaked? yes. But in theory the level has been taken out of the equation as far as the structure goes. Experience and friendships may well be the difference but skill points allocations is not in their favor.

American Nightmare likes this.
  13. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

It isn't completely percentage based. If that were the case, then there would be a set amount to how much damage someone could do based on the percentage of their skill allocation, not how much they have invested into skill points in general. The highest levels that always have the top 10 spots hit well over several tens of millions, with a select few even hitting beyond one hundred million. The percentage is still there, but it's a percentage of personal point allocation, and once that percentage is calculated, then it figures out the actual numbers that would be associated with the amount of skill points associated in a particular area. It isn't a fair system, and it was never meant to be. Level is definitely a part of the equation, no matter how you look at it.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Igneel/Kehvyn, Ego play's ZS, it's much different story from what have read/heard.

15. Vic

Vic Active Member

i have invested, my point is that you don't get full stamina refills when you level, whether it's during the arenas or otherwise

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

We all get 50 stamina, , has not stopped anyone from getting ahead , besides a daily boost and a stamina boost will give you more,if ya time it right you can have the daily boost saved up to 6 or 7 days,throw in the stamina boost and get a nice amount, or you can buy stamina refills

AlterEgoT and Kehvyn like this.
  17. im the beast

im the beast Member

fb zs percentages means alot level seem to have a roll as well. un/paid for items makes a big differences. leveling is all ba is about if u ask me i level with 1 refill 10uns thr out the ba now i cant hit just anything but my range is pretty big like 100mill to 350mill health rewards anything lower or high without a teir can make the one refill hard to level, now once we hit the first tier nothing is safe lol...heres my build fb zs...
    Health 17 / 50400
    Energy 85 / 500
    Stamina 1350 / 1585
    Attack
    Deal more dmg

Cost: 1 SP
    Defense
    Take less dmg
    Level: 3287 266922 / 899145
    my goal is to keep stam where one refill levels me so far so good

18. AlterEgoT

I can just about bet that the refill for leveling is better than any high level has invested in stamina, Full refill or not.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. AlterEgoT

I honestly don't remember how they computed things but I know when they released it they did their best to even it out as much as was possible.

But yeah your high levels often are your spenders ergo they will do well regardless ;)

I'm a defense account it takes a full level of stamina to kill 1 slayer in the Arena, my damage is much less than the high attack health accounts built for the BA at entry level. So I am sure my perspective is quite different than most.

All that aside. My point is, Kano really can't do a whole lot to make it the "same" chance for everyone. At some point they have to give folks a reason to level. As you level sure you get stronger but you have no one to fight, no outbreaks to do, the bosses are achieved out and so gigantic they aren't worth starting. They have to reward playing a long time some how it's the nature of a game.

As it is we have accounts that level sit choosing to die over and over again so they can own the leaderboards. and stay off the aggressive fight lists.

On another topic, I STILL haven't seen if we will be able to tell if we've attacked something. I understand the wish to have us not team up so no names but there HAS to be a way to differentiate if we are to have differences in accounts. Or it is simply total chaos luck of the draw, We see how the lottery goes anyone want to have LUCK be the only factor? :)

20. ben

ben Active Member

i very offen use a refill on pc i have high stamia to carry me threw it ...