[PC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective October 26

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 24, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey Pirates,

As those of you who read our announcement last week are aware, we are making some slight changes to the Battle Arena today. These alterations will be effective for Sunday's Battle Arena.

Player Anonymity

Players will still choose a nickname if they so desire when they register for the Arena. During the duration of the event, everyone on the list will appear with the same generic name "Pirate" so you don't know who you're attacking. Targets can still be saved like in the past, but the search function will no longer be a part of the Arena. At the end of the event, the nicknames (or actual names) of the winners will be published. The list of targets will be randomized for everyone.

Stamina Slider "Kill Shot"

You can set the Stamina Slider anywhere from One to Ten, but if the Pirate you are attacking is above 20% of their maximum Health, then the maximum number of attacks you can do at once is Three (even if the Slider is set to 10).

Once the targeted Pirate is under 20% of their maximum Health, then the Four to Ten Stamina attacks become available.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Good job to go slow with the changes but I really think the idea of trying to make this thing last 3 days needs to be seriously reconsidered after the experience with the Raid Boss which I felt took over the game.

3. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I am glad to see just a few changes implemented at a time. Good job Kano!!!!!

4. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Yes, I didn't like the idea of being allowed to rejoin after dying ... the "plastic pirates" would have had a field day paying their way to the top

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

On KP2 it lasts 3 days almost every time. There is no "trying" to make it last 3 days, it's a regular occurrence.

6. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

Its going to be interesting war with the changes

7. ben

ben Active Member

o yea i see it going 3 days ... on kanoplay 2

8. bighoof

bighoof Member

I'd like to see it last just a day or maybe even just 6-12 hours at least in the FB format.

TabithaMoon and Old Salt like this.
  9. Old Salt

Well on FB PC it only lasts usually on average about six hours and that's plenty IMO.

PaganWench and TabithaMoon like this.
  10. Old Salt

Agreed. That part never really appealed to me.

11. Christina Knight

Christina Knight New Member

Yeah tried the new arena. Suck ass yo. I was doing well, but I'm bored as hell besides the fact you can't accurately scroll down your list of pirates or your saved list... Unless this changes I'm never playing an arena again. I mean seriously what the hell is the point of having to create a name so I can stare at a list of pirate pirate pirate with no way to differentiate which one I just clicked on and which I didn't as I scrolled down the list. Quit chasing the money and try just making an enjoyable game... Or better yet why don't you fix the real problems like removing cheaters instead of trying to fix something that's not fking broken?

diva of destruction likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

13. ben

ben Active Member

o yea 7 players so 3 days ... its called strategy ...

14. Kirsten

no it is called being a Dikk :eek:

lol

15. ben

ben Active Member

its really called bringing my team out of it alive :rolleyes:

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Kirsten

But if all that is left is your team, you will still hold everyone hostage for three days and that is called ,the above :rolleyes:

17. ben

ben Active Member

me and my team are all in agreement that we will wait and came out of it alive ... we do a good job in arena ...

kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  18. Kirsten

But only some"one " can actually win .:cool:

19. Kirsten

It is not supposed to be a walk in the park o_O, I think the game in enjoyable, and it is a business, and if weren't for those that spend , there would be no game, but I agree with cheaters getting removed " permanently".

20. ben

ben Active Member

when it ends in 3 days it will show all of us alive ... so we all are winners ...