[PC] Introducing Outfits! (BETA)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 21, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Today we’re rolling out the beta for a small, light feature called “Outfits”. An Outfit is simply an alternative character aesthetic that allow you more options to customize how your character looks ingame. Changing outfits don’t affect your stats or abilities, however they may cause you to look more dashing.

For the beta we’ve made a set of 6 Outfits available, one for each of Tier Four (level 4,360+) characters. The artists have kept the design changes fairly simple to start with, but the possibilities are pretty much endless and they’re looking forward to having some fun with them. Last we saw, Jose was doodling some kind of bat-themed armor.

Outfits available to your characters will appear in a new tab in the Davy Jones screen seen here:

[​IMG]

Once you’ve purchased an Outfit, you can switch to it from the Character Selection screen.

[​IMG]

Here’s what your character will look like on your profile with the auxiliary Outfit:

[​IMG]

And here’s what it will look on Boss Fights:

[​IMG]

A feature like this is relatively easily for the devs to set up - most of the time and effort is in designing and producing the new artwork. Let us know if you have any feedback or if there are outfit themes or ideas you would be interested in seeing in the future!

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i think they should be a little cheaper maybe 10 FP for the standard color changes but a more drastic change such as changing the look of the character(adding additional clothing or changing clothing entirely) should be 20FP mainly because we either spent 100FP or 250 and that is alot adding another 20 makes it either 120FP or 270 and that is alot to spend.

question: once you buy one of the shaders do you get to keep it like you do with characters once you buy it it is yours to swap to whenever you feel

and if it is ideas you want hehe i got a ton of them... just look at the ideas i have posted some good others bad just depends how you view them lol.

1 more thing before i post my ideas. how about doing a special seasonal costume that is only available during a certain day or part of the year that would be real cool and would show the dedicated players. or even having a first week limited edition for when this gets out of beta phase so then youll be able to see who was around and bought when it all began.(this limited one i believe should be the only shader that would carry over to the other characters.) the shader i would say could be white representing a fresh start or something like that. and the shader

IDEAS:
    1. midevil theme
    2. arctic theme
    3. chinese theme
    4. japanese theme
    5. evil type theme
    6. good themed
    7. diferent hairstyle and skin color
    8. diferent stances
    9. different style backgrounds
    10. diferent weapons.
    11. diferent culture themes(ex would be #1-4 dont want to have a whole bunch of cultures could just lable them under one subject)

those are the main ones i can think of off the top of my head want to come up with a real good design possibilities so ill wait til i come up with it then post it here but like how you guys are going through with something along these lines was always in the back of my mind lol

EDIT: is that what you look like mitch, in the 3rd picture?
    also like the new profile pic.

3. Lady G in PC

Lady G in PC New Member

"A feature like this is relatively easily for the devs to set up - most of the time and effort is in designing and producing the new artwork."
    No disrespect, but you won't see me wasting 20, nor even 5 FP's on a costume color change...how about using your time and effort on making the game better and fairer, instead of JUST ways to benefit Kano's pockets. Seems that is too much to ask for since it continues to be disregarded. Becoming more and more disappointed every day :(

4. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

you know they mainly did this because they want to make it more enjoyable for the players only thing i see wrong is the cost. he said they are quick to do and the reason behind that is because the main character s already there all they have to do is go into photoshop tweak the colors a tad in certain spots then save and maybe add a few things such as tatoos or something along those lines to the character wich take a minimal amount of time,

they do care about us, the main reason things take so long to implement, make/design is because they literally have 20 people total over 4 games. break that down and average of 5 people on each game but then you get down to the employers skills. so here is the way i see it and am fine with why it can take a long time and short time depending on the idea(they have several going at a time and when they finish one they add another into the que)

1 comunity forums manager sometimes 2 others but just depends (but lets just say 1)

5 support people- this is for all games wich thousands total play and they get tikets everyday that they have to respond to in decent time so that is 6 knocked off of the 20 employees making 14 left to work on the game

2 or 3 art designers.(good art takes time and skill) now we are at 12 or 11 employees to take care of the 4 games for implementing, coding ect.

5 coders coding tweaking out bugs can be such a pain at times computers may be advanced but doesnt mean they are perfect(6 or 7 employees)

3 alpha stage testers for the implemented ideas to make sure they run correctly, smoothly and properly before released to public then they rinse repeat for all 4 platforms wich can take a lot of time all depends( but the pre alpha testers can be shared so lets go with 2 employees making 4 or 5 employees)

1 boss/company manager to make sure things are getting done(3 or 4 people left)

1 maintenance/janitor (2 or 3 left)

last 2 or 3 people could break up and devide the work of event planning front desk if building is open to public, filing the list can go on for this, probobly missed some jobs and could be wrong about others but basicly it would devide up to this where not all 20 are coding not everybody can code lol

but seriously everybody needs to stop complaining about how long or why isnt there idea been implemented they are ONLY a team of 20 members who probably dont get paid much. and they have exelent support alot better then most major companies i have tried to submit a tiket to they are nice and respectful to all of you they are offering a free game wich they could have charged for to play. they have accomplished alot with only a team of 20

i could go on but think i have gotten my point across and looks as though polish has rubbed off on me lol

Chasity and Kirsten like this.
  5. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There is any ETA for a new line of characters?

6. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

I thank you kano for trying to make our games more enjoyable.. not sue why ppl always complain ... : PP

7. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Why not allow our equipment to be outfits? Or give outfits abilities, a simple color change shouldn't cost favors.

8. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Lol so i has to pay 20 DJ to have a green pants in place for purple ones? no thanks :p:p:p I rather buy stamina refill

9. too bad i missed out at least re offer the work is done, and id b uy em:cool:

10. otty22

otty22 Active Member

Godd decision, more attractive

11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

so we've been beta testing this for over a year?

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

when you play as long as the rest of us, I doubt this will be of interest to you :p

neill1990 likes this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No, I announced this was over quite some time ago.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Family time is awaiting, get to it :p ,just grateful we don't have that holiday here, unless is is a paid holiday,otherwise I will find something to do( whom am I kidding) ,either way :p

15. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

rofl, she said yo, ho

16. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Checked it out & got:
    The Teal Steam Pirate is not currently for sale.

Check back soon!

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

These are never coming back (at least I don't expect them to) so we'll be removing that tab from the Davy Jones page.

Chasity likes this.
  18. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know. It was so close to happening, it seemed, what with the pictures already there. ;)

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Oh it already happened, over a year ago. It just didn't catch on. :(

Chasity likes this.
  20. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

actually i dont think they really should charge for that...cause u go figure look how much the characters are to buy would be fair if players who bought the characters get them free instead of paying out like that :)