[LCN] Crafting System

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Jess, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Jess

Jess Active Member

Hello,

So me and a few other fellow players have been thinking that the actual crafting system is a pain in the, you know what. Since higher levels own a lot of items, it gets annoying to search through over 30 pages of items, for the one item you're looking for... I think this might apply to not just LCN but other Kano games as well.

It'd be nice to add a few improvement to it. For example:

• Adding a search box, to type in the item name, for quick result of the item you need, to craft;
    • Adding a 'sort by city' list, or something like it, to make the browsing more friendly.
    Hope it meets your support guys.

Cheers
    /J

2. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Great idea, Jess!

Jess likes this.
  3. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Are craft Items even worth it?

I'ave always gotten tons better gear for free from assisting with boss kills (Big Game Hunter, Decomposers, Hacker, Mercenary, Yoga instructor....)

4. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

the crafting items have always been sub-par, imo.... though when they introduced the world boss crafting items i did use them for a bit....

5. Jess

Jess Active Member

The craft items on LCN are totally worth it. They boost stats a lot. Not all of 'em of course, but it's still worth it to craft many!

6. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

7. Jess

Jess Active Member

@up

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra :)

8. I tend to agree with John & Rain. The items look pretty good, until you get to the level where you're able to craft them. By that time you've helped on a lot more bosses, so if you're really lucky you might create a few items that scrape into the bottom of your usable inventory. Seeing as anyone below level 3000 seldom gets a look in at the really high level bosses, I can only imagine the situation gets even worse as you level up.
    KANO seem to have concentrated so much on other areas lately they've lost sight of the Workshops. It's all very well feedng in ever more powerful boss drop items in for the top levels (who, let's face it, carry plenty enough clout as it is) to share between themselves in little private groups, but imo we really need some better items lower down to keep people interested in gifting and crafting. If the top levels want them they can always revisit some old cities to do jobs for hardly any XP reward, but they can't prevent us ordinary mortals from getting our hands on them too.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

All FB games have sharing groups, get yourself in one . Ya have to know the right people,you share with others and they share with you.

Kehvyn likes this.
  10. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I like the OP's idea, but I see an issue with it. Sure, if you're trying to unlock a hidden recipe and you know what the items are, then it can be annoying to look for them with over 30 pages and then these additions would be useful. However, other than that, there wouldn't be much use for it. There already is a button to autofill the items needed for a particular craft anyways, so adding more features with the same functionality is particularly pointless.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I haven't bothered to craft in months. Maybe I'm not a high enough level for it to make a difference yet. I play 3 games, so I don't have as much time as I used to trying to figure this stuff out. If I start losing a lot of battles with max clan, maybe I'll take a look at it. I do think it is almost as bad as sending gifts, though.

12. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

Yeah sorry.. Since i was about level 150 I started attacking bosses that SQUAD mates shared with me and getting hell of a lot better gear.

Example...

Thailand (newest weapon unlock that I meet the level requirements for in Workshop)
    Shotgutter -
    Atk 66
    Def 55

By the time I unlocked this I have collected
    17x Sonic Grenades from people sharing the Decomposers Boss
    Sonic Grenade (Mine are at lvl 4, but the stats here at the level 1 stats)
    atk 83 (lvl4 92)
    def 72 (lvl4 81)

It's not even in the same damn ball park....

Hell I can buy a Tepoztopilli thats nearly the same damn thing.
    Atk 64
    Def 54

Hell even the World Boss Rewards at lvl 900
    Shin Pads
    34/57

SonicProof Helmet from same boss
    52/65

13. Jess

Jess Active Member

@up

how is that relevant to a search box in craft system, mate?

JudyTucker likes this.
  14. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

I guess that i'm just pointing out that the Craft System is severely broken & outdated that making any item in the craft system consumed more valuable resources then you received and I disagree with developers spending time to work on it unless it's to overhaul the whole item list to make it viable again any other changes would be development spent on something 90% of players don't have a use for...

15. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Just because some items involve consuming two or more useful items to make one slightly more useful item doesn't mean the crafting system is broken. It just means you and many others aren't using it properly. Any high level player will tell you that the crafting system is by far one of the most essential points in the game to becoming stronger. However, it is also a double-edged sword. If you know how to use it properly, it WILL make you stronger by a significant degree, but if you don't use it properly, you will only weaken yourself and have wasted items that would have helped you instead.

Do I believe the crafting system should be improved? Yes.

Do I believe the crafting system should be completely overhauled because someone doesn't know how to use it properly? No.

Twilight, Kirsten and Jess like this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True Kehvyn, there are only a few crafts that use multiple items, be weary on them, look to see if use both. If only use one of the items, your good to go. If use both wait.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Jess

Jess Active Member

Very well said. I wish more players would understand that they can benefit a lot from the workshop. But I guess, the point is that they wont use it, because it is poorly designed. Therefore I am surprised they don't want it to be upgraded in order to benefit from the crafts.

18. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

it's too much of a hassle for me to check and see if i use an item and try to compare it to whether or not the new item will be used or not, or better. that's why i haven't bothered with crafting.

19. Jon Thomas

Jon Thomas Member

My Point was.....

You derailed over 1 sentence, true craft system is very expensive and for many who are playing everyday and leveling fast the cost is not worth it, but even if I were to drop money into it the product i'm getting is inferior.

So i honestly don't get the usefulness of the craft system. I mean I gave you examples of what I can make and that I have NON-UN gear thats 30%+ stronger. How is the Craft system useful? What "HIGH LEVEL" secret are you talking about?

Unless there is some fantastic gear at the 1500lvl or higher that i'm missing, because from level 1 to 850ish so far i've seen only useless trinkets outside of the World Boss Recipes which takes months to complete.

Another Example:
    This morning I just unlocked the following.. My weakest Vehicle that my squad uses at the moment is a level 4 Segway from the Hacker boss. Which is about 25% stronger. I could make this item and it would never be used I could make it and upgrade to level 4 and still never get used. The items are too weak to bother with creating.

Slasher Car

68 Attack

58 Defense

Quantity Crafted : x1

20. Jess

Jess Active Member

Over at Mob Wars, every high level players that wants to be strong crafts, and crafts a lot. For example, the optimal or elite items boost a lot. Also there are many normal items in the workshop that are better than some boss items. But that's just LCN i guess..?

Kirsten likes this.