Raid Boss: Should they stay or should they go?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Oct 6, 2014.

?

Raid Bosses: Should they be removed from the game?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2014.
  1. Yes.

74.5%
  2. No.

15.7%
  3. Not sure with reasons I will state.

9.8%
  1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I am taking the side of these monsters being put back on the test server, and if necessary to salvage dev time, put out on a minor game with a motif around them, and let people who like em play there. They have ruined a battle game in my opinion. Face planted many a player whacking the crap out of them and to me, have distorted rivalries far too quickly. Some who can do massive damage and levels have, and others who cannot, have to watch, as many things stop for these "Boss fights". There are many facets of this game that are now going to be neglected to fix this mess. And the game itself will become extremely boring.

I hope that the trial period ends soon for them and the illusory FP purchases to whack them, are thought thoroughly by the owners of this game. You might have fooled "me" once, but you won't fool me twice with this stuff. Get rid of them!!!!!!!

So I say ... GO!!!!!! GET RID OF THEM GRACEFULLY!

2. Monica Hlif

Monica Hlif Member

I absolutely agree. Wasted way too much FP, energy and stam on these things and didn't get anything in return that made it worthwhile.

Ron Haht, jdiamjr and Kirsten like this.
  3. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Well said, Kel - I completely agree! My game was finely balanced and chugging along quite nicely - these things have upset that balance, cost me loads of FPs and I have got very little back in return for all that expenditure. We do not need these things (in their current form) in the game. Re-think them entirely please, not just little tweaks - I think they need to be more like other bosses and be actually beatable by most players, not just those at the top or who spend the most...

How about transforming them into 'Guild Bosses'..?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Get rid of them. Worst idea KANO ever came up with. And KANO's response to the RAID bosses shows they had planned much of this out before hand and did not think that their customers (MEANING US) would care. The RAID bosses were a horrible idea, they're too complicated, and only meant to take favor points without giving us the players the enjoyment we want when playing.

Ron Haht and GoddessFreyja like this.
  5. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Yes take them off. I did join a war game and not a boss hitting game. I so dang boring for now. Nothing happens or did it just turn it to Farmville.... Well sucks for now. I want war :D

Ron Haht and Kirsten like this.
  6. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

I'll say from the start, I haven't voted on this, as I'm not yet sure of my own opinions.
    But raid bosses are not going away; the point of them is to make money, and they are a pretty slick mechanic for doing that. Previously if you wanted to buy levels by buying FP, you had to scrounge around for things to actually spend your stamina refills on: but raid bosses are basically a bottomless pool of XP that allows you to keep buying FP and spending stamina/energy, limited only by your willingness to keep spending and clicking and spending and clicking.
    Which, as I've pointed out in other threads, is an entirely good thing for Kano: server time, programmers, and artists (even terrible ones like the oaf who drew the Freyja world boss) cost money, and if Kano doesn't make money, there will be no more Viking Clan. Yes, there will probably be some tweaks to make the profiteering less blatant, but I would be utterly amazed if they went away permanently.

7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I agree they probably aren't going anywhere but they do need to be overhauled. They are a distraction to the game in their current form as has been pointed out. They are way too big and people are just not going to spend time helping you grind yours down when they have to kill theirs off as well. Also because of their size if people don't join your boss in the first few days then they won't at all. How about having the boss drop something other than energy? Maybe drop energy when you are healing it and drop something else when attacking it.
    And it probably needs to be a "special event" like the Arena, something like this cannot be around all the time. But the size of the thing is the biggest problem. And ten vikings for different level tiers is not nearly enough for the size so make it smaller. The top levels I had no problem filling up but the middle and especially lower ones I really couldn't recruit.
    And then you have the problem of the saboteurs out there, people who get their rocks off resetting raid bosses. Most of these people just have token accounts in the game so they don't care about retaliation. There needs to be some sort of filter. Sorry to say but one of the requirements for joining on these raid bosses should be that you're an established player. You have been playing the game with regularity for some time. That should weed out these people who showed up after months of not playing just to cause havoc. And if someone is showing a pattern of resetting bosses they should be tossed from the game as a penalty. We can't toss people who may have accidentally reset a boss so there has to be some type of formula figured out.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I hope there is a limited time to the event i.e. no more keys to be obtained, after x date. Then let the reworking begin or put the ban hammer to them. There is certainly not enough players to kill off every persons' summoned beast. They are also anti-social to the max: what ya going to do while burning 100,000 attacks to kill one? Chat? Do you even need friends anymore? Back to face plant ...

9. Ron Haht

Ron Haht New Member

I agree with my peers. Can't say I've understood the total concept of this time and resource consuming add on!

10. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

They definitely need an overhaul. I have enjoyed helping, just not my own. Either players don't realize they need to heal or they are JAck-Holes!! Maybe these need to go back to the drawing board.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. MrT

MrT New Member

Disheartening and a waste of my time and stamina at the moment .Maybe one day when and if the glaring errors are corrected, I'm not against folk buying levels but please it should be fun doing it .

12. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I am not going to vote on this, only because I don't think Kano is going to throw it away. 1. Remember, this is Beta testing. I am sure it is clear to them they HAVE to make changes. 2. Maybe they should be "Guild Bosses"? 3. Maybe we need a dang MONTH to kill them...... I got very lucky with my first one. Private invites only. A raid group of 11. We were not defeated. A couple of my higher level clansmen killed the thing. I got a really cool drop. I don't want to open another one. It takes everything YOU HAVE to do raid bosses! The rest of the game will suffer. There is my best positive feedback I can give.

13. ben

ben Active Member

by all means i think it should be removed ...

14. tweek and keep. karry over energy. more damage when health is max. defense bonus to health. thanks.

15. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Earlier today - I noticed that the RAID boss I was fighting seemed to be adding to the health of the boss rather than subtracting. So I kept hitting it, thinking that my eyes were playing tricks with me. Lo and behold, seems the RAID boss I was beating on went from 403000000 health to 404000000 health. Anyone wanna try and explain that to me? And no I wasn't having a liquid breakfast.

GET RID OF THE RAID BOSSES KANO!!!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

ivote to get ridof them, the one bossif inally wasinvited too, I spent four days hitting it and evdrytimei came back toit it had more health than wheni left, also. I certainly donthave the money to pay for enough stamina to get rid or beat that boss, andi doubt anyone else does too., not a good boss, you should spend moretime on adding ot he bosses already available

17. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

kano already makes money from us thru fp, if they keep the raid bosses, I certainly will not be playing them any more, nor wil li waste anymore money or fp points on the ones they got, I am the second highest hitter on the one boss, I tried, came back to do more damage and the raid bo9ss was higher health than when I left to run errands, also if we don't kill them! we don't get anything except a small amount of exp. For all the amount i spent I only leveled one time from the boss and got a little exp for a second level. I could spend half the fp points and level10 times or more plus get gear from it also on regular bosses,

18. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

So disappointed in this Raid Boss. I had the mine all the way down in the yellow and it took one idiot to not heal when hitting and it went all the way back to green. After 29 people spent tons of energy, stamina, refills and their time. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. Normally I like to give constructive criticism but I have none for this and I will never participate in another Raid Boss again!!

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That sucks big time , Kimbella, :(so I listed the idiot ,what a jerk :mad:

Kimbella likes this.
  20. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I say keep them but they take way to much to kill them. Make them easier

Lasinagol likes this.