[VC] The Raid Boss is Now Available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 1, 2014.

1. KenThorius

KenThorius New Member

Did you turn the boss sharing switch in the bottom right on and turn it green?

2. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I mailed the appropriate links to my guild based on their level and they can't join; they all get this message: Oops, this boss requires an invite to join. I also posted the link via the Publish to (Guild) message board link and that doesn't work either. I am playing on my computer, not a phone and none of the ways that should have worked do. No one from my guild or clan can join.

3. Dexter E Hunter

Dexter E Hunter New Member

Here's the reward stats:- Att / Def
    [​IMG]
    172 394
    [​IMG]
    172 394
    [​IMG]
    172 394
    [​IMG]
    394 172
    [​IMG]
    394 172
    [​IMG]
    394 172

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Raid Boss update! Please share this around so everyone can see it.

Based on feedback we've received from the first run, we are making changes to the Raid Boss. Some will be immediate, some will come later down the road (based on complexity and what we can push out without further breakage).

Coming Soon (within the next week): Adjusting the Key drop rates on adventures, greatly increasing Raid Boss timer and increasing the amount of Energy the Raid Boss drops when you attack it.

Coming Later (the next time the Raid Boss runs): Improving and making the Raid Wipe system a bit more forgiving and investigating the option to kick players from the Raid who aren't contributing or are harming the Raid.

Bug Updates!

The developers are investigating issues surrounding the process of inviting people to the raid. We hope to have these solved soon.

If you joined a Raid Boss, did an action and then can no longer participate (you are seeing the "valid invite link" message) this is due to a collision between two user objects joining the raid at the exact same time (you and another person joined and attacked the boss at the exact same time, the game got confused and only let one of you in). Please ask the Raid leader to provide another link for you.

George Burd likes this.
  5. 'David Ramos

'David Ramos Active Member

seems like the beginning of VC downfall!!--too many new things noone understands!--I have all my adventures done, (im level 7000 plus) no keys??? MOB WARS (original) is a dead dog atm- I quit when this stuff started! Although this will be great for those that understand it & have a the time in the world!
    Soon to be retiring &blooking for a new game to play!

wookster and Carrie like this.
  6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Im going to assume that since i only have 2 days to kill it and no one hitting but me that i shouldnt waste any resources on this one?

7. Demonik1

Besides the 5k energy i used for keys that is

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

For me its not the bugs that need worked out..its the MAJOR cost of it all...!!! ..while you have those of us who play in war mode , we also play in guild wars and battle arena...all of these cost us stam and god points to be competitive...not worth it to me to play the raid boss at such a huge cost all around.... I wont play another one when the ones im on are finished...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    wookster, Carrie and George Burd like this.
  9. KatL

KatL New Member

I tested out a few raid boss but I don't get it. A 20 stamina attack gives me 250ish exp? Is that supposed to be right? Cause I can get nearly three times (or at least double) that amount on a normal boss. I'm still lower level than most but I have decent attack and health for my level so I'm wondering how the exp gains are calculated. I did see that energy gives about the same exp amount though which is insanely good for me right now at 25 energy for around 250 exp considering I'm doing low level adventures for 74 energy that give 155 exp right now. So almost 5 times the amount of exp gain healing boss than doing adventures. Attacking exp seems to be under half of what I get from normal bosses though. Anyways just throwing out my results from testing it around level 1050.

George Burd likes this.
  10. Demonik1

I smell shit hitting many fans in kano central, lets cut em some slack guys and let them work out the bugs and then we`ll see whats what

wookster and LaScepter like this.
  11. Jkvkid

Jkvkid New Member

I find it mildly amusing that something as straight forward as a Monthly Calendar has a detailed Instructions Pop-Up; yet something as finicky as the Raid Boss has Zero Instructions/Help.

Thanks for the reward info DEXTER, I just saw them on a Guildmate's Raid Boss that I can't join.

wookster and Carrie like this.
  12. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

10 people from three different levels is not enough people to beat these massive raid bosses. There are only 8 4000 level players in the game, and they are not going to join everyone's raid boss. We get 50 people helping us on a 20,000 health boss but 28 max on a 880,000 health boss, simply crazy. Need to allow more people to join the fight and not limit what level you are in. Level 2000-4000 maxed in minutes with guild members that can not join in. Need more people helping fight, PLEASE.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Demonik1 we pushed a fix for inviting people to the Raid Boss, can you try with yours again?

14. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I changed my button to ON for "Turn on public sharing to allow attacks from non-Chieftain players" and everyone can help now, clan or not; I posted my link in the Job Chat. Not sure if this button fixed the problem or something else was done but at least I have helpers. Try it and see if it works for you.

15. Demonik1

Oops, this boss requires an invite to join.

16. Mystic

Mystic Member

I just tried with hitting the link to posting it in Guild Chat, but they're getting the same message.
    "Oops, this boss requires an invite to join."

Demonik1 has tried, I have tried ...

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Demonik can you chat with me on server 2?

18. Demonik1

On the road right now, i got it working....had to switch it to open for all to hit but you guys def need to fix that

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It should be fixed, that's the thing I want to talk to you about haha.

20. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I went and added up the total damage dealt by all my boss's attackers so far. It was roughly 45 million. The total number of "actions" to get that 45 million damage was about 25K. 45 million is roughly 1/20th of the boss's total health (891 million). If it never reset even once, it would take about 500K "actions" to kill it. FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND. 500,000 divided by thirty folks is almost 17 thousand stamina and/or energy apiece and that's assuming no one accidentally (or on purpose) allows my raid character to be killed.
    All that for XP that isn't all that great and a CHANCE at a reward if the boss miraculously gets killed.
    Really, really terrible addition to the game (in my view)