Editorial time

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Editorial:

I care or cared about this game. The folks in it who play with respect for others. The folks that like to get things off their chest even I respect in the sense of them being enemies.

To a point the conversations become who is the bigger idiot. The biggest of them all? I have to have a nomination.

Me? For caring about the game itself, and the people who want to have a good time. For walking the FFF talk for now 3 years or so? For standing up v. cheats, thugs, liars, defamers, smearing types and in the process suffering at their hands game wise, and still checking in at number 1 in the game.

Yes, I am a good enemy as the number 1 player and arguably the leader of the number 1 guild in the game as well. Hated "RVV" or respected. Or being associated with this or that player who did or does this or that. And because of that, I get tarred with the brush too. Part of the turf and that I accept.

I don't accept repeated charges in world chat by a "crackpot" that my team is using a toolbar that only he knows we are using. My team does not use cheats to advance as one thing I do know, we are hard core gamers. And as such, using such, to advance, is like cheating one person: yourself. We don't and dare the full evidence to be presented.

It never is. It is only hearsay. And as such, its one crackpots word against the words of others, whom I associate with. And even myself has been charged as using this "toolbar" that is available behind a paywall, that costs a mere 8 dollars to get access to. And for that 8 dollars, you can register there and see who is using it ... or who is also interested in it and not using it or who has created accounts of a team so hated, to cause derision to that team and in the process, make allies and fight the good fight v. the cheats.

So putting this to the Kano Forum, this person makes the opening remark but oddly does not reply to the truth of the matter, by yes, your author here. Anyone could make anyone look bad but the true detectors of the toolbar know the story too. And more than know it, they have known about it for months prior.

Read this: http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/chrome-tool-bar.13522/

I have had enough of the slander. Is it actionable is not the point. The person making the charges and repeating the charges incessantly to world chat audiences of "his voices" and elsewhere he is allowed proliferate make him the ultimate destroyer of the game, for his personal gain? For him feeling good at the defeat of any perceived enemy who cheats, who lies, who are scum, to rally the troops, to show himself as the leader of the truth and some knowing person to respect? His friends have told me that in essence he needs "them" to be an enabler?

I have no respect for a person whom given the facts, continues to spew slander and venom.

Bottom line: its a game folks. Its about having fun. Its about you having the freedom to play it as you like within the rules of the game and yes there rules.

But there is also moral decency. When you are called to task to your "point" and your point is a losing position, you don't keep going on and on and on, to destroy a game that others are having fun playing.

I can cite a case in point where Kano proved to me, that two players were two distinct players and the validity checks they had in place to verify their identities. Others would swear blue in the face, its one player, but to the rules, its two accounts and two independent players. So you have to stop the charges and stop the thought that this is "cheating" as it isn't and harbouring it: I did. Cleared.

If you don't agree? Then you make your own decision on the matter "you know" is wrong, play farmville, or instead oppose them, and fight them with the gold you got v. whining. I know quadrizillionaires who "know" cheats who are cheating and won't list the crap out of them v. building their bounties. They could make their own personal statement. At any time.

Your comments are welcome.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

the best are always hated, accused and slandered more than most...just the way of the world as sad as it may be....great post kel and dont ever change a thing....unless you want to bring your little acct over to server 2 ;p

Justin the killer likes this.
  3. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Jealousy is something big..i have been playing VC on FB for more than 3 years and 7 months, and for all this time the same person kept his obsession towards RVV at a very high limit, he even compared our guild to a terrorist group in world chat last night, and that is bad, 1 question for the devs, how come that someone be banned from world chat for a bad word but not for the hate of a person, because his rivals do good in a fun game?

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If you don't click report from WC Kano will not see it for the most part they are not monitoring it, they rely on us to report things,then they can decide if someone needs a time out. My advice is click Report if someone steps over a line, regarding cheating.

5. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Thanks for your advice, i did that Kirsten.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Funny Funny Funny. I know who you are referring to its me. Oh no you have no respect for me. Gosh I think I can live with it. As to accusing a specific group of using an aid that is false. At no point do I specifically mention any Group or Individual. Nor will I even rise to this collection of falsehoods and justifications. Yes I have seen evidence, as have others. This information was forwarded to Kano by more then one person. Kano took the action that they determined was necessary. While some did not think this was enough it was done. I should also mention that many times I have indicated that the problem was not confined to one guild. But in your "Its all about you" world you seem to overlook this. The only reason I continue to taunt you is that you react. No one else reacts. In fact, My "enabler" friends get quite a kick out of it.
    In essence, what this is, is a Grown Man crying about the fact that things are not going his way. I will also ignore the personal attacks as I will not dignify them with a response.

Just keep writing. Kano loves it because you spend money, I love it because one of my character defects is that I love toying with the minds of others. BTW I still have the "Short Cuts" message somewhere. Perhaps i should post that. That would be evidence I believe.

Congratulations on your accomplishment of uniting a number of Guilds in order to defeat you in Guild Wars. I think that speaks louder then any words.

7. Dark Tanker

Dark Tanker New Member

you all do know you can block others from chatting right. and be honest who cares if one says ur cheating or not. 9 times out of 10 they are cheating aswell. kano's port sniffers knows who is cheating and detects the port from which the attion urls are coming from. serously i just started playing this game 56 days ago and im only a lvl 1103 but yet ive already been accused and questioned by lvl +11k of how my stats are how they are. answer is easy. this isnt the first game like this i have played. but either way i laugh at those that are questioning me. toolbars, imacros, loops, glitches wat ever the case might be they will be used and people will always accuse you for it. but like i said they prolly using it aswell... and as for people getting butt hurt over wat peeps say in word chat well its a game and ur only one click away from not having to read it, and getting mad at a screen.... most of you are adults right? ok maybe in the adult body but act like a child in the game.

if your afraid of wat you say might be seen in world chat by kano i suggest you find a differnt chat site. and yes there are different chat sites out there for viking clan.

but in fact stop the crying and start playing, its a fighting game. you dont hear me crying when a lvl 20k hits me for just talking in world chat.

8. Kel the Merciful King

9. Craig Day

LOL Thank you for giving me the power that would cause you to waste so much time. And yes Kel you were on the List. Right at the top number 1. You want to see it ask Kano.

You really are something

10. Dark Tanker

Dark Tanker New Member

you guys serous? resorting to snitching people out. wow serously grow up. this how games get shut down! ive seen it happen before. just play the game. all you are doing is making fools of yourselves. and in the end prolly loose both ur acnts. ur drawling way to much attention to yourselves.

and not the good kind!!

11. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I love Viking Clan, even though there are some bugs and loopholes. In a game where tens of thousands of people play, there are bound to be cheaters and exploiters. They are only hurting themselves, and the people who resort to that toolbar P.O.S. after years of gameplay are depriving themselves of holding their position.
    Kano knows and monitors who is doing what and when. They will enact the justice they deem is necessary. Although, it would be nice for some people to be banned regardless of how much money they have spent into the game, at least ten to thirty days. And, getting progressively longer the more repeated offenses or depending on the degree.

I too experienced a very fast level growth, but have run into a wall, finally. Some people were suspicious, some asked if I used a leveling partner. To the hardcore gamers it is easy to reach beyond level thousand. After that it slows down for the same amount of effort.

As for personal attacks, I have read some of the conversations, usually no names are mentioned until someone responds, then they fly. Or make references to characters that can only be defined as the person "referenced".

12. Kel the Merciful King

There is no giving of the power here. Using a "Big Lie" repeatedly as you do, to smear and defame others is within your ethics. It is not within mine nor is it allowable by the rules of the game.

It is however my duty as a leader in these games (one of many) to point out that some deranged individuals are trying to wreck a game and a gaming company versus competing in that game withing the rules and in the process causing customers and people playing those games to lose interest in that game.

You sir, are doing nothing to me that has not been done before.

You are however stating that KanoApps does not employ effective tools against cheats and this is a lie that you repeat and repeat despite contrary evidence of same.

And trust me, people are sick of a) accusations of cheating, b) playing a game that tolerates cheating.

So if b) is not true, and a) does not hold water, why do **you** continue?

13. Demonik1

its very simple kel...some people yearn for attention, positive or negative, they need it and feed off of it. as much as certain things or certain people bother you, your best tool against them is to just ignore them. anything else is just giving them what they want....in sense, youre letting them win. i know some things said are extremely hard to ignore but as ive said about many things in this game...it is what it is. you cant stop it so the best way to deal with it is to play on

Karess and Deblovscats1 like this.
  14. Kel the Merciful King

I play on Demonik for sure. And the words don't hurt me. They hurt others, hence my time here on this.

If we all want an enjoyable experience on our gaming time (FB server ... you have your fun on the KP2 world), repeating a "Big Lie" publicly in World Chat is not exactly a way to encourage that, though on the other hand, seeing someone taking his buffoon act to new levels is entertaining :)

Lay people however see "cheats" and the repeated expression of it, on hearsay, do not play such a game. They won't spend their leisure money or time in a "competitive" gaming experience with "cheats" in it. They move on. This is what happened to a pile of other games ... they got zyung.

15. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I am low leveled compared to the other posters in this thread, but to me seeing someone cheating is a challenge to do better. Within the rules. Prove to them that it isn't necessary to augment their gameplay just for the personal gratification of winning a "game".

New players read what is in the World Chat and base their opinions on what they have read, true. And to see it repeatedly is even more depressing, no matter how false it is. If Kano has investigated and deemed the person to be not cheating, then could the people in question just be trying to illicit a reaction?

16. Craig Day

NO KEL I am not implying anything about Kano. I said the info is sent to them and they do what they feel is right. Based on my long experience is investigating real criminals they were always one step ahead of us. The people at Kano are trying their best. They are not professional investigators. They are a bunch of fairly nice people trying to make a living.

Now Mr Pompous Wind Bag, a former member of your guild arrived in WC yesterday and began posting that he had been thrown out of RVV for cheating. While I find it ironic on so many levels I guess my "smearing" was correct. There was cheating in RVV. Lets not forget Mr I am suspended from hunting too. So Kel, in fact, they are not smears. 2 people cheating in RVV equals cheating in RVV.

I await your apology and acknowledgement that I was correct. BTW, does this having anything to do with the fact that I whip your old butt now?

17. Demonik1

well you cant argue that logic haha

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Craig Day

Oh he will. See the pattern is when he is on the ropes he tries to discredit me. There was the put me in "Leavenworth Rant", The War Hero Rant, The Guild Motto rant and I think I shall call this the "Crack Pot Rant. In addition, though it wasnt directed at me there was the "Boycott Kano Rant". He asserted that Kano was picking on one of his Guild members and called for a boycott of VC. He did boycott FB VC, but slinked over to Kano 2 and played there. A word of caution, whenever he posts a rant check with others to see what else is going on.

19. Kel the Merciful King

You are still a crack pot for sticking to your 20/25 and Kel too lines. In the face of contrary evidence from Kano themselves. Its called using a "Big Lie" and while you can say nice things about Kano here, saying they don't have checks in place while defaming people to others, is rich.

Demonik1 likes this.
  20. Demonik1

nothing wrong with a good debate....damn shame polish quit playin and yappin in the forums or youd see a nice long paragraph about how he knows all about everything youre saying without actually knowing what youre talking about haha so, by all means, argue away gentlemen....ill take this over reality shows any day or night ;p