[LCN] Introducing the Godfather's Absolution (Facebook Only - Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Sep 10, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What is "The Godfather's Absolution"?

[​IMG]

The Godfather's Absolution is a new feature that incentivizes players to bring back old Mobsters to Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra. When you send The Godfather's Absolution the player that receives it will get some rewards as soon as they come back to the game to help them jump right into gameplay. Based on how much GP they earn through their next four seasons you can both earn Weekly rewards with the possibility for a bonus reward at the end of this period. See the info in-game for more details about the Weekly and Bonus rewards.

This feature should be live starting the evening of September 9 and will be in beta form. As such it will only be available to a relatively small number of accounts at this time but a wider release is planned. Please note that the ability to send Absolutions is only available through Facebook canvas and is not supported on KanoPlay.

Where to Start

[​IMG]

If you are eligible you will see a new tab on your Profile called "The Godfather's Absolution". Click on the "Tell Me More" button to see specifics of the rewards available and to start sending Absolutions.

How to Send

[​IMG]

Once you have opened The Godfather's Absolution menu you will see your Candidate List. Choose from any of these candidates to send an Absolution to which will show up on their side as a Facebook request. Once an Absolution is sent this Mobster, they will be moved into the Pending tab where they will remain until they rejoin the game or five days pass.

How to Track Progress

[​IMG]

If you have any "Active" Absolutions you can track your Mobster's progress by clicking the Active tab. Here you will see a week by week breakdown of their GP progress. At the end of each season, rewards are able to be collected with the Bonus reward becoming available at the end of the fourth season since your Mobster rejoined. The amount of GP needed to gain a reward for the first season is scaled based on when your Mobster joins. For example if they rejoin on a Saturday, then the GP needed to complete that week will be significantly lower than it would be if they rejoined at the start of a season.

[​IMG]

On the other side of this your Mobster who has rejoined Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra can see their own progress by going to their own Profile and looking for the "The Godfather's Absolution" tab. This will show their week by week GP progress as well as their progress towards the bonus rewards. Your rejoined Mobster will also be able to collect rewards at the end of each season and the Bonus at the end of four seasons.

2. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

@mi7ch - For those of us who do not currently have this feature, when can we expect to see it? I know of a few people that haven't played in a while and could likely "bring back"! I feel like I'm missing out on a Reward that's currently available to others!

3. I have removed a significant number of inactive mobs from my mob. Wouldn't I be at a disadvantage for doing this? The last I heard, if you have too many people in your mob, your news feed is not optimized.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It probably wasn't a good idea to post a news item about this topic in platforms that it doesn't apply to. Just a thought...

Krimson King likes this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I have deleted a whole bunch of inactives, and it does not appear to have any significant impact on the feeds. Mine have not been vastly improved since I started demobbing/declanning inactives to pick up hits/bounties.

6. For myself, I'm not so sure this is the best of ideas. As with Jared, I remove inactive mobsters on a regular basis, especially those who get listed by the Godfather. Also, it will just entice some members who have closed their alternative accounts to revive them for a short while to gain bonuses.

7. I also purge inactive players from my mob and must have removed hundreds of them. They are no use to me as I'm mobbed with well over 1000 people. Although only the first 1000 count towards my fighting strength, I can pick up boss fights, etc, from the others as long as they are active players.
    Many of these players are also on my Facebook "friend" list for no other reason than LCN, which is another good reason for me to remove them.
    When removing inactive players I have also noticed that many of those Facebook accounts have not been updated for a considerable time either. I hope care is being taken to make sure that we are not going to be flogging dead horses as these unsupervised Facebook accounts are a gift for hackers, etc. Is it wise to encourage us to attract their attention by sending spam from LCN?
    Mark Brian Engelbrecht's observation above is a very good one - This new feature seems to be at odds with the extra incentive given to us to remove inactive mobsters by having the Godfather hitlist them.

Boiler Up likes this.
  8. I remove at least 5-10 on a daily basis who just got hitlisted by godfather, so i can't see the great idea in this new option in the game.
    And i'm also one of those LCN-players who still haven't the option even though todays date is september the 10th.....
    Make the game fun and fair and get rid of all those alt-accounts instead :rolleyes:

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I agree, but I don't have that option, so there you go.

It will be available shortly; just like the other games we're offering this to a limited number of accounts to make sure that it doesn't cause any problems. If everything goes well, a lot more people should be seeing this feature on their profile soon.

Krimson King likes this.
  10. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

A really shit addition to the game, what a waste of time! I got 5 candidates, all of whom gave up the game several months ago. Pointless.

11. I guess I'm a tester, I have this tab on my profile. I've sent a few requests already, but not all of them work. The page makes a motion like it is doing something, but then nothing. On others, I get a message like "The Godfather`s Absolution sent to XXXXXX"

This was before I had sent the max of five, so that wasn't the problem. Also, I have sent the max of five, when do these expire?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll get @Smack to investigate the hanging invitations. :)

13. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

They will expire 5 days after you sent them. As for some that do not work they could be accounts removed or disabled by Facebook or they could have the App uninstalled or blocked which is not something we can easily test for. We'll look to clean this workflow up a bit if we can.

14. Robecca Webster

Robecca Webster New Member

How many Mob Members Can you have.Or will it tell when you can have anymore then you are aloud to have.?

15. Robecca Webster

Robecca Webster New Member

I have members that stop playing and keep them in my guild until some one come along and take there place who will play daily is that a good idel or a bad one.:)

16. Just found yet another one hitlisted by godfather...
    37 minutes ago
    Little Dynomite has just been placed on the Hitlist list by The Godfather.

This means that i now can't remove this mobster to go for bounty, coz then i will be unable to use this new Godfathers absolution, right or wrong ??
    :confused:

When i sent out these "Godfathers absolutions" i noticed that the ones with just a flash showing and nothing else happening, was people i removed from friendlist coz they weren't playing LCN anymore...
    Dunno if this info can be any help to the devs. ;)

17. tartaglionevera

tartaglionevera New Member

in the selection are all candidates who do not play for many years, and to me it happened to players who have not even in mobbb, these 5 are not in my mob, you do Kano please reset so that I can add players and in my mobbbb[​IMG] here's how you can see all 5 are not in my mobb [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. tartaglionevera

tartaglionevera New Member

19. Ghostie

Ghostie Member

All my 5 candidates stopped playing several months ago. They are not going to start playing again just cos they might take notice of some shit notification. Desperate attempt to get people back playing, & it won't work.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@FEMME FATALE 666 @tartaglionevera As long as you are still Facebook friends with a Mobster, you can send out an "Absolution". You do not have to still be Mobbed with them in-game.