Tiered Crates

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True, but most people will buy something that is a guarantee not a chance. This isn't a Vegas slot machine that shoot's out real money..

TabithaMoon likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

As Smack stated our old Crate selection was getting a little stale so we decided to mix it up a bit. This announcement was more to make you guys aware just in case you were browsing the Crate selection and wondered why we changed something without announcing it. I think it's important to share all of our updates to the games, even the potentially unpopular or head-scratching ones, hence this post. As always, we'll see what works and what doesn't and change accordingly.

No Nuts 4u, TabithaMoon and LaScepter like this.
  3. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

The bit I like about this is...
    23 Credits - 5% Legendary, 10% Rare, 30% Uncommon, 55% Common
    38 Credits - 15% Legendary, 35% Rare, 50% Uncommon
    53 Credits - 35% Legendary, 55% Rare, 10% Uncommon​
    The increased odds of getting a really good item might merit an extra 15-30 credits.
    The bits I don't like...
    The lack of choice as to which type of item (attack/balance/defense).
    The amount of items previously available has now been reduced by two thirds.​
    Without being able to select attack/defense/balance type someone wishing to for a high defense vehicle may have to wait until the next batch of crates to be released or maybe the one after than and by then they might not need it.

So with that said I can see why this idea was born, less of the artists time taken up creating items, the chance that people will spend a little extra to get the good items, and of course people not wanting to wait for the type of item they'd like are likely to buy the limited items that are offer so either way the revenue is still coming in.

4. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

I don't get the prices... Usually the more you buy, the lower the cost will be for a single item. Now according to THESE prices, it would be more cost-effective to buy crates only one at a time.

5. Public Nuissance

Public Nuissance New Member

I'm defensive minded.! Most of my stockpile is Balance or Def heavy..if I get all Attack item its worthless to me as it wont help me at all....where do you people come up with these ideas whomever is giving you advice on these its time you re-evaluate it...Thumbs Down from my Point Of View

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The initial pricing of the x3 Silver/Gold Crates was incorrect as you have noticed and it has since been changed as follows. If anyone was affected by the old pricing please contact support and we will

New x3 Gold/Silver Pricing
    VC/LCN
    • x3 Silver: 98 FP / $17
    • x3 Gold: 140 FP / $24.40
    ZS/PC
    • x3 Silver: 106 FP / $18.40
    • x3 Gold: 148 FP / $25.70

7. ClaireBear

ClaireBear New Member

Maybe if you gave me back the 80UN you 'misplaced' on my FB slayer I might think about it. :p
    Nah... I wouldn't, but still give me back my 80 UN please ;)

8. Rennji

Rennji New Member

Really wish could choose what weapon type I am going for... Attack / Balance / Defense. I like that the items are better , (430 / 188 bow in particular) , just wish could choose the category. Other than that I like the idea.

vyktah don DADA likes this.
  9. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

On that price Gold crates should contain 100% legendary, even so is much better to wait 1 more month to buy items with same stats from limited time and limited quantity with 25 and 30 Fps!

Rennji and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I like the way you can filter out the crap but I think you should have left them at attack and defense related I really enjoyed that, this way I will not buy no crate the price for a gold one is not worth it 9 bucks for one item is insane. Just my thought bad move on the crate/

[​IMG]
    *Prices vary between games. The above screenshot was taken from Pirate Clan.
    VC/LCN:
    20 (Bronze), 35 (Silver), 50 (Gold) FP for x1
    56 (Bronze), 98 (Silver), 140 (Gold) FP for x3
    $5.90, $8.50 for x1 Silver, Gold
    $17.00, $24.40 for x3 Silver, Gold[/QUOTE]

11. Hoongum

Hoongum New Member

NINE DOLLARS

hahahahahahahahaha

12. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

That's the first thing I thought. When people actually see what they're spending, real money vs the illusion of fake money (FP), it's more likely going to cause us to step back and say, "Waaaaait a minute .... I could buy *insert random frivolous item* for that instead of wasting it on a clicking game!"

13. zodiacdominance

zodiacdominance New Member

Well, its not worth the try now. Even the previous layout was in disadvantage to the equipment already available for purchase, so with this modification its bigger of a gamble. :( Good to see you guys try new things, but this one is really bad.

14. vyktah don DADA

vyktah don DADA New Member

This is a crap cash grab gamble that truly doesn't benefit anyone but the developers. Sorry, bad implementation all around. Why not take a survey and ask us the players who actually financially support this application how this could have been done better before running with this idea? Thanks but, no thanks...better to just buy a ton of one item that clearly indicates how much att/def you'll be adding than playing virtual roulette hoping to get something useful and ending up with an assload of chuckle bombs.

Public Nuissance likes this.
  15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

This is really a shame. I just looked in Vikings. I have a 35% chance to get an item over 300 in attack or defense if I get a gold crate for 50 FPs. Or, I have a 100% chance to get a 300/100 warrior on sale for 21 FPs. Or, I have a 100% chance to get a limited with at least 300 in attack or defense for 25 or 30 FPs. What is the rationale to getting crates now and throwing away FPs to have a 65% chance to get items with less than 300 attack or defense?

Chasity likes this.
  16. meezy

meezy Member

guys.. a word of advice..if you're going to do something like this..start small..lol 9 bucks for an item like that..not realistic for most. And really, you want it reachable for most. the more that can afford it..the more funds you raise..right?? If its cheap..people might be more inclined to buy it..just sayin'

17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so, i purchased a silver crate and it said i got the legendary weapon with the 430 attack but when i went to equip it it wasnt in my inventory....havent sent a ticket to support yet cause i know you guys are shut down on the weekend but i was just wondering if anyone was checking out the forums and could help me out...very disappointing

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

OK this is prob a dumb question but someone in LCN bought a gold one and is looking for the item,I have never bought one so have no personal experience , so my question is will it be in the loadout list?? and in looking at the crate info, it says you have a chance of getting one item from each tier,in the crate, but is it only ONE item total?? not one item in each tier,?? which would be great but too good to be true, so the wording in the description as usual is not clear,at least to me,kinda like the wording in the characters and tiers ,which I understand now.

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

one item per crate unless you purchase the 3 crate package in which case youd get 3 items

Kirsten likes this.
  20. hlhncr

hlhncr New Member

I agree with those who are unhappy with the loss of the ability to select the type of crate being purchased. When I want to beef up my defense, I don't want to wast money and get an attack item or item(s). I will never buy a triple crate under these rules. How upset would I be to get THREE of the wrong type items.