[LCN] BATTLE ARENA

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Mirana, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mirana

Mirana Member

Kano please Battle Arena need some changes, its gettin more and more boring because of people who hide the whole time!
    This Battle Arena in Kongregate:
    DrPpr Attacks 285 Kills 1 Rank 6............Hikikomori Attacks 100 Kills 1 Rank 7.........Iplay2win Attacks 179 Kills 0

Underdog Attacks 14,655 Kills 33 Rank 19....Abaddon Attacks 39,408 Kills 69 Rank 21 Come on thats just ridiculous!!!

How can people that do 100 Attacks and hide rank higher than people that actually really fight ? We need to change that!!!

One Idea: Shantir Def Stance needs to be earned....some sort of modifier for attack and kill...low levels will get like 30 sec per attack high levels like 5 or so, for a kill 5x the value...max stance time 30 min per stance

Another Idea: Blairwitchseal
    :
    I do not see how it is fair to have a minimum of 100 attacks for you to qualify as having "taken part"

How can a person that does 110 attacks and nothing else but defense stance be placed higher than a player who made 15 kills and over 4,000 attacks?
    Where is the fairness in that?
    My idea would separate the real players that try, from the lame asses doing the bare minimum
    I would suggest that final positions should be based on a points system.

For example:
    If every attack gives 1 point
    An unsuccessful attack gives no extra point
    A successful attack gives an extra 1 point
    A successful attack on def stance opponent gives 10 extra points
    A kill gives 50 points
    A kill on a def stance opponent gives an extra 50 points
    The points would clock up separately and be on show for users to see their progress
    The health reward still applies.
    Just an idea.

Please Guys vote on it and make some Suggestions how to change BA.....BA need badly a change!!!

2. Jess

Jess Active Member

The Battle Arena, after all, is about survival, isn't it?

3. Mirana

Mirana Member

yes maybe ... but a Battle without fights or hiding all the time is a Ballte ? ...well then we should change the name in Tactical Hide Arena because that is it right now

Jess likes this.
  4. Jess

Jess Active Member

Well, there is the requirement for 100 attacks...
    So I think, just to fix the BA a bit, the requirement should be changed to like 500... But then, some of the players are lower level, and do not have the 500 stamina required to make 500 attacks, nor will last that long for stam to regen, to get the attacks...

This is an issue for Kano to solve, I agree.

/J

Mirana likes this.
  5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

good luck, ive posted the same idea about earning def stance and all kinds of others about how activity should make a difference in ranking and it was all shot down after much debate. maybe after seeing how horribly wrong its gone theyll look into it again but i doubt it

Mirana likes this.
  6. Mirana

Mirana Member

yes i know the 100 Attack thing... but thats not enough... minimum should be 1000 Attacks. And for sure there a low Level with maybe not enough Stam but they could save their daily rewards, save their Stam boost or maybe buy 1 refill. BA should be about attacks and not about who can hide best.

polishpimp likes this.
  7. Mirana

Mirana Member

I hope so... its really gettin boring this way.... and yes i buy refills but why should i when i better can hide..... Kano you think about that.. its your Money!!

8. Jess

Jess Active Member

The stamina required for bigger amount of attacks is an issue.

9. Demonik1

id have to say the kong arena is a complete joke, most are all attack so they cant have any kind of success killing unless they snipe and if youre an active player theres no way for you to build up health so the best way to finish high is to do nothing at all...i dont play lcn but vc is no different...at least when it comes to the arena

10. Mirana

Mirana Member

you can join BA with Level 550 and with that level you should have like 400-500 Stam... so with daily boost and Daily reward it shouldnt be that Problem

11. Demonik1

if youd like to do well on kong then i say get a group of about 5 or more people and take turns letting one of you getting all the kills...at least that way you can all get the win in turn and wont have to use much stamina at all...win-win for all of you

12. I must admit that it irks me that a low level that just does 100 attacks, generally has less health than me, but hides in defense stance and they rank higher than me. That cant be the right way to conclude a battle arena. I think the best idea is to raise the number of attacks, or have your def stance linked to the number of attacks you do.. Lets be honest there are currently only ever 3 winners. I only play in the BA now because its there. Its pure luck as to where I finish.

Mirana likes this.
  13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

definitely should raise the minimum number of attacks as has been suggested countless times . Ones level should not be a deciding factor in that minimum though. One must be a decent level just to be eligible and would have had plenty opportunity to allocate SP to stamina.

Mirana likes this.
  14. polishpimp

An issue? Not hardly, if ya run out then refill...problem solved. Its all about balance. ....if a player has high stam then they are weak elsewhere and will be relative easy pickens. Low stam will allow for higher attack/def but that player will pay through the nose for refills (relative to their level of course). The arena is majorly flawed in many ways but perhaps the biggest is that high stam accounts are at a huge disadvantage in that stam cost 2 SP per. Perks are based on overall SP allocation and stam does not count towards any perk and it takes considerable away from att/def allocation. Because one has big stam is not the advantage many think it is because not having to buy as many refills means nothing if your account is att/def deficient. All it means is you u can lose more often for less expense.

Mirana likes this.
  15. polishpimp

In the end , the arena blows and is a total contradiction to what it was intended to be in the first place. As demonik said.....its nearly impossible for most active players to gain any type of health so what benefit is there for the vast majority of entrants to be active and spend FP on refills? The ridiculous attack minimum only reinforces this. The multi. attack slider which has drastically reduced the length of an arena also reinforces this in that high def. comes into play in the form of def. stance time. Everything about the arena promotes inactivity for just about every player. Sure....despite everything a player who wants to be active can go out and be active but by far the vast majority of them will finish far behind those that barely exceeded the minimum number of attacks. So basically Kano is penalizing the very players that are supporting these games be being active and spending Fp on refills, all this in the one aspect of the game that was supposed to be the most active....Hows that for a FU very much? The exception to the rule of not losing health while being active is the uber high levels but even they are getting bent over when it comes to the arena in that all their hard work into leveling up n strengthening their numbers has earned them a massive handicap. Since activity is not rewarded and inactivity is ...its up to these few uber high levels to clear out the list so everyone can get their rewards for doing almost nothing, or everybody could just sit around for 3 days twiddling their thumbs to see who the winner of the inactives is. I suppose it wouldnt be such a bad deal if the hand cap werent so excessive and XP needed to level at those levels wasnt so extreme, but the way it stands now is that taking first place and winning 75 FP doesnt even come close to covering ones expenses....they might as well not play the arena and level more for less FP.

Yep....the arena blows! We might as well just have another lottery and call it the arena. Only Kano would penalize those that are supporting the games while they reward those who do and play less. Although I agree the arena needs a lot of work Im not gonna vote on this idea because I disagree with the solutions offered up by the OP as they are currently written. There are many other threads out there that address the inactivity problem and Kano has ignored them all.

16. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

The problem with BA on kong is there are about 5 heavy credit card users who think they own the game. if you take one of their kills, they turn on you. They clean out the game in 2-4 hours max. So if someone else who uses a credit card goes after 1 of them, little guys can survive higher than some of the ones that do 30000 attacks because as it was posted, it's hard to gain health in BA even when you do get a kill. Some of the little ones who made top 10 may be those that have 50-60k health and no att/def, resulting in having 800M health and like a 40M reward.

polishpimp likes this.
  17. olafkorman

olafkorman New Member

Not every1 is around to play when ba starts some people do have jobs & family

18. Mirana

Mirana Member

Yes i know thats a other thing that need to be changed.... the Starttimes are terrible... this BA started 6/7am for Europe... the most people sleep or are on their way to work... Ba go for 3 Days.. why it have to be over after 4 hours ?

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would be careful with any arena updates. After introducing the 100 attack limit the number of players who signed up dropped by 20-30%. Maybe the players on kanoplay and armor dont care about, but the fb players still care.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

um, started at 12am on a monday morning for those folks in central US. 1am in ny, 12am in chicago, 11pm in denver, 10pm in LA. So it wasn't just a bad start time in europe. It was for most of the players with jobs it seems like.

Kirsten likes this.