Loyalty reward of daily gamer points

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Gunny from PC, May 28, 2014.

1. momma2.0

momma2.0 Member

I agree that this is a great idea! There are times in the winter when I lose power and have no way to do points. This option would be awesome for those times. As for the comment made earlier about it being an unfair advantages from Ben, I must disagree. Due to the gamer points being taken out at the end of the day, it won't affect the highest ranking armada. I hope Kano gives this idea some real consideration due to it merit.

Gunny from PC and Mudock like this.
  2. Lady G in PC

Lady G in PC New Member

Excellent idea! Even the most loyal players will from time to time have emergencies or circumstances beyond their control. This would ensure not only that the whole armada not lose out, but that the person with the emergency etc..doesn't lose out and feel horrible, we don't usually get a 24 hour notice of an emergency, so this would be a wonderful "earned" reward for loyal players to have so that in their time of "need" they don't have an "extra" stressful thing to worry about letting their armada down or being "kicked" to the curb, because they didn't supply a replacement..this is a 5 stars out of 5 idea for me. Thank you.

Gunny from PC, polishpimp and Mudock like this.
  3. ben

ben Active Member

to keep it fair in all the games, for all the groups in all the games, keep it as it is. There should be no handicaps given out to any player for any reason regardless of how long they've been playing, even if they've been playing from day 1 non stop. Taking time to play the game shows who's truely loyal and dedicated. Play the game to EARN your points...

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Excellent point fielding! I can think of a couple other unrealistic /imbalanced situations regarding adventures and gamer points as well.

Gunny from PC likes this.
  5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In our defense that was a short-lived experiment! ;)

Good stuff in this thread folks, this is what the Ideas section is all about! I've added this to the "review" queue and I'll update it when we get some developer feedback.

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have to agree , no one is forced to play ,things come up , it happens.

7. bangers

bangers New Member

I like the idea ! ,I'm 3rd in points on PC, so what ,i get nothing for it. If u get 1st in Armada, so what ,u get nothing but a few points .This would be a good reward !

Mudock and Gunny from PC like this.
  8. SwivelGun Karen

SwivelGun Karen New Member

I think it's a great way to help not only reward, but retain loyal players. I don't think it should be used for 'reset' points, unless it is attached to a vacation of a few days or more. Make sense? :) Great idea, Gunny! Thanks!

9. Kirsten

Loyal players ? so is this like getting vacation time after working at a job for a certain amount of time lol I still say no one forces anyone to play each day, alittle busy one day, then just log in with a cell phone take care of business :)

10. this is a crazy i dea just when i thought i seen everything..the thing about being a 1st armada is to be on everyday to get your points. adding this feature you may as well let others share accounts cause this is the same thing.if your people cannot be on then you get another person to fill that spot,who thought of this one??

ben likes this.
  11. Gamerobber

Gamerobber New Member

Once again, the brilliant minds in this game have created and thought this through, and come up with outstanding ideas!!! Love it!

12. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

this is a great idea.

13. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

You still say this? " no one forces anyone to play each day" Sorry, but I just can't seem to locate where you had said that previously but regardless, thank you for your input.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  14. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Actually, if implemented it would more than likely deter people from sharing their account. And had you read this thread you would not have to ask "who thought of this one" But, thank you for your input although it does appear to be biased.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  15. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, mi7ch and to all who have weighed in on this idea.

Mudock likes this.
  16. polishpimp

Your point of "the thing about being a 1st armada is to be on everyday to get your points" while true...it is not the only defining factor in deciding the #1 armada/guild/syn/fact. On the last day it comes down to not only who gets them all but who gets them first (usually immediately right after midnight pst). That fact alone make the gamer point season extremely time zone biased. The implementation of this idea would not change that bias at all. So acting as if the current gamer point system is some how sacred or perfect and should not be altered is pretty much ridiculousness.

Finding a replacement for someone that can not make it has already been addressed. In the case of a last minute situation a replacement/ sub option is not a valid one.

This is not similar to account sharing at all , in fact it would help in the prevention of that because it would limit the need for it.

So in the case of some great travesty, an idea like this would work swimmingly At least then u could say you've been there and done that. ;)

17. Marius

Marius Member

Voted. Sorry folks... if I had a brain I'd be dangerous. :rolleyes:

18. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, for your votes everyone :) Even the non-dangerous one ;) lol

19. Kirsten

As an example of why I am not in favor , I play a 5th Kano game and just recently lost my daily streak, of almost 500 days, ( alittle less but close) I did play that day but did not collect my daily reward, so I lost my streak and the amount of stamina I get when I level, ( I believe) and nothing can be done, to fix that, had a problem with the game loading did actually do stuff earlier and meant to go back to collect it but did not. so I lost out. So my loyalty of that many days, did not matter too much, I have played the other kano games for some time now one game for over three years, and have never missed a day, hurricanes, power outage, etc.

20. polishpimp

I understand your point. Ive lost a few streaks over the years through no fault of my own. Some I messaged support about and they fixed for me and others times I didnt even bother as I really didnt see any real value in it at the time . The one time that was my fault was when I retired my account after years of daily playing just to re-challenge myself. Ive played daily again for years since....does it get much more loyal? In the end, kano can be pretty reasonable at times (dont tell them i told u that ;)). If you have a legitimate reason and your history shows a a pattern of loyalty ....Im sure they would work with ya.