The Official Guild Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 17, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The way War Token purchases works is that the Tokens are awarded first and if that is successful then the Favor Points are withdrawn. We have tried making some adjustments around how this is presented to emphasize when a War Token purchase is completed properly. If the War Tokens are not rewarded then the Favor Points are not withdrawn.

I apologize if this has caused you any undue confusion or frustration. Clearly we need to do a bit more work on how this is presented so we can avoid instances like this in the future. Thanks for your feedback! :)

If you still feel like you were not correctly awarded the Tokens, please submit a ticket to Support for a refund. Even if it doesn't solve the overall problem we want to do what we can to make it right.

2. God points were withdrawn, ticket submitted. We could have placed higher in the top 20. BOOOOOO KANO I will let you know how KANO handles it.

3. OttoRichter

OttoRichter New Member

At this point in time I am not even sure that the latest posts in this thread actually have been read by KANO. During the just ended Guild War in VC, I again never got to 300 tokens, but this time around I am missing more tokens than ever relative to the theoretical maximum of 3133: 200 at start, 16 refills a 50 = 800, and 1 naturally replenished supposedly every 2:42 minutes = 2133 after 4*24*60 minutes. I did not get 103 (!) out of those 2133, so that is close to a 5% effect, clearly a bug ...

Kari Kristin Eltvik likes this.
  4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Considering there's a post from me on the same page I'd say that saying we don't read this thread is slightly untrue. :)

We've got a developer looking into a possible case of Tokens not regenerating correctly. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this.

Kari Kristin Eltvik likes this.
  5. OttoRichter

OttoRichter New Member

I needed to set my view option to threaded to see all posts ... sorry, but I assumed all view options would work ...

The actual problem of tokens not properly replenishing can be documented for all PC and VC wars since mid-December 2013 ... That's when I began using a spreadsheet for war performance which simply reads in the member page.

6. As promised I said I would post my feedback from KANO. Still we could have made the top 20; however I hope from all this that they do improve the game because it is my favorite game.

Hi Karrine,

Thank you for contacting us, I'm sorry there has been some confusion with your War Tokens. While it may not benefit your War team's performance in that event, I have returned 6 FP to your account and have also refilled your Stamina points.

We have a bunch of checks in place that should be making sure any Tokens you are purchasing are awarded successfully to you before any FP are removed from account, so I'm not quite sure why this would seem to be happening, however I have raised the priority on on this issue and will be working with the development team to see how we can best prevent problems like this for future War Events.

If you notice any further issues with your FP or Token purchases, please let us know.

Regards,

Melanie
    Viking Clan Support

7. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

How do points work exactly? I'm the strongest player in my guild, but I'm behind a guildmate that's half as strong as I am with fewer attacks and no kills. I need to attack higher tiered guilds than mine to get more points, even if I lose most of the battles? That doesn't seem right. If that's the case, there's no point in saving guild targets if they will be too strong for the rest of my guild.

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

As we come to the end of another dreaded 4 days of Guild Wars i again am reminded of why i dislike this event in VC...as i see it its a waste of GP to buy tokens to refill for a game that is off balance for its return on those GP's....I think the Guild Wars should be like the Battle Arena...sudden death...no regen of health...your guild is out...and the list ...as the game goes ....on dwindles down to who ever is left..pay outs would be better./could be....and it would be a much more exciiting event...thats a Guild War....my guild likes it ...for whatever reasons so i support them in my play...but i dream of more exciting guild war event in VC...

9. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

Jared....in the guild wars, everyone in the guild has the same attack strengths and weaknesses, i.e. the highest level player will get the same results as the lowest level player for the same attacks. I switched guilds awhile back to a much stronger one and I get twice as many points in the wars as I did before, employing the exact same strategy. If Kel was in a guild with only ten people who were all level 300 or something, even his attacks in the guild wars would be weak and he wouldn't get many points. I'm not sure I articulated what I was trying to get across, but hopefully you get the idea

10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response, Eric. But it doesn't really answer my question.

I'm around level 3900. My guildmate is around level 2500. She has about 9000 skill points for guild wars, and mine is significantly higher. Neither one of us used any refills, we both had about the same number of attacks, but she got almost 2000 more points that me in the last war. I'm curious to know why this is.

Your comment does make other questions come to mind. Since ours is one of the weaker guilds, if I left and joined a stronger guild, I would get more points just for that alone, everything else being the same? And if one of the top players in the game joined our guild, he or she would be "penalized" points as a result? So 25 level 300 players in one guild will get more points than, say, 10 level 3000 players competing in another? That doesn't sound right to me.

11. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

My point is that, when someone from your guild attacks another guild in the guild wars, the guy with 25K in skill points gets the same points and produces the same damage (subject to random factors of course) as someone with 5K from the same guild. There is a finite number of WP you get for winning or losing battles against the various guilds. Winning a battle against an "E" guild gets you and your guild ten points, whether it's you, me, a newbie or Kel. Your guildmate may have been attacking higher level guilds to get more points or, more likely, got higher value kills than you did (those points add up in a big hurry). I get way more points with the stronger guild for two reasons: I am able to win much more often against A, B and C guilds than I did with the old one. I don't have to attack D or E guilds ever now. In the old guild I did have to attack the lower guilds to have a consistent chance to win the battles (remember, losing an individual battle means you only get half as many points). Also, I can now be the lucky one to get the death blow (and the subsequent big points) much more often, and against stronger guilds than before.

In my old guild, the guy with the absolute LOWEST skill points got the most points in one of the wars. In my new guild I usually get 2nd or 3rd most (even though my skill points are towards the bottom) and the guy who always gets the most points for us is maybe the 10-12th strongest player in the guild.

12. WorldB

WorldB Member

Question regarding both Guild Wars & Battle Arena.

Are your stats locked when you register or are they calculated once the event begins?
    If the first case, it would make sense to join (BA) or leave and rejoin (GW) just before the event starts.

Thanks

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Both the Battle Arena and the Wars lock your stats when the event starts. We even added a refresh button to the War lobby so you can see how your stats are changing before the War begins.

14. Valerie Wood

Valerie Wood New Member

I signed up for Guild Wars last night. Yes, I have played before in the Guild wars.

Got the message that I had signed up, even checked/updated my Skills. So the Guild wars start today and I click on the link--and I am NOT entered. I am not really happy about that.....

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Valerie, have you submitted a Ticket to Support regarding this? We'll probably need to investigate your account and get some specifics from you.

16. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Valerie - that same exact thing happened to me in Armada wars in Pirate clan - talk to them about it and do NOT let Customer service from KANO get away with this. It's a serious problem that has happened to several I know in Pirate clan. And KANO needs to take it seriously.

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We do take it seriously, and we're actively doing what we can to investigate the issue and get to the bottom of it.

18. Valerie Wood

Valerie Wood New Member

No, I have not. You can access my account information, I am sure. I can't tell you anything other than what I have already said. I signed up. Got screen that I had entered. Can find no trace of that in my own feed. So, IDK....

19. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Mi7ch we thank you for checking into this - it happened to me and one of my armada members a couple months ago. If it had just been me, I'd chalk it up to my own abject stupidity and have forgotten about it, but it happened to one of my armada members also, and have heard it is a rare but real occurrence.

Please let us know what the issue is/was thank you kind sir.

20. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

it happened to me once on the fb server .

also , i still think we need access to more tokens . lol . maybe lower the time to recharge to 1 1/2 minutes ? i also still like the idea of more tokens per refill , maybe 100 ?

and thank you kano for your work on making VC more interesting .