Making more items in the blacksmith that can be made elite

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Demonik1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As far as I know we only plan on keeping the higher tier crafting upgrades for Boss drops like WB said way back when.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

why? why is it that the higher level have less and less to look forward to while those below us have so much more available to them? ive seen you use the word fair in many instances and in many different ways, why cant you (kano) be fair to all of us??? its not like we're asking for a huge change in the game like re-allocation or anything....this has got to be one of the easiest things ive asked for and its had great support, yet nothing. is this how well we are listened to? i thought the whole idea of the forum was to help make the game better yet one of the best ideas keeps getting buried...i simply dont understand why you can work on crap that doesnt help us at all but an easy update like the one we're asking for gets shot down on every level multiple times

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The purpose of the forum is to communicate with Kano (outside of Support) and yes, to make the game better. However, there seems to be a disconnect when it comes to the Ideas section. Whether that's on me or something that was started back when Wonder Bread was in charge isn't really germane, because I think it points to a larger problem with the Ideas section.

I believe there's an impression that all Ideas posted here will (by and large) be implemented by Kano. This was never the case and I apologize if that wasn't made clear somewhere along the line. There are a lot of good ideas in here, however, due to our internal plans for the game and our development pipeline, ideas that might make sense at the time will not gel with where we want to take the games in the future (not saying that's exactly the case with this idea, but in general). Additionally, and I know I bring this up a lot, we have a very, very small team by industry standards. While sometimes that's a great thing when it comes to avoiding the culture endemic to larger studios, it can sometimes make things take a bit longer. While an idea may look easy from the outside, there are several factors that can contribute to taking a while to get an idea implemented.

4. Demonik1

I never said nor implied that all ideas mentioned should be implemented, I simply asked why a good one with plenty of support couldn't be. I know some things take longer than others but in your own words you said nothing was planned on being done.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's the same answer as WB gave, increasing the number of crafting/reverse crafting recipes would be a huge logistical problem. If at some point in the future we rework our crafting creation pipeline then we could revisit this idea. It's not that we dislike the idea or aren't aware of the number of positive votes it has, but ideas on the forum are selected based on our internal workflow and how an individual idea can fit in.

6. Demonik1

i remember that issue and my answer to that is the same then as it is now...dont make them reversable. if youre looking to make elite freyas helms or poison strokes then youve played this game long enough to know what the hell youre doing...if anyone makes that huge of a mistake then they can ticket support. and besides that, going one step beyond legendary wouldnt cause a logistical nightmare....dont ya think thats being a bit dramatic? i wouldnt make that part reversable either...once again if youre at the point where youre going beyond legendary you should know what youre doing well enough to not hurt yourself

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I don't think I ever used the phrase "nightmare" but I suppose that's splitting hairs at this point. :)

I've asked the developers to take another look at this idea. I'll even float the "no reverse crafting" option past them.

8. Demonik1

thanks ol buddy ol chum o mine ;p on a side note, i dont like the new location of my greatest idea...its sad and lonely in here :(

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This got fixed, just reading through the thread.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

11. Demonik1

see that? listen to mad eye moody and things will work out haha constant vigilance!