Delete option for WC

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Linda, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think being able to delete something from WC that is your own,whether it is mistakenly posting a boss, or having second thoughts about saying something not so nice ( :p ), We can delete things from the game feed with that little red X, something like that in WC/Job board, would be something valuable

geckomaster likes this.
  2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

10*'s
    I got banned from WC on kp, fb and ag all in one night...I need this kinda thing lol

oh i've also accidentally posted challenge help link in WC when it was intended for faction chat :p

Edit: a timestamp on our own messages would be nice too :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  3. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

10 stars... great idea. Some times fingers move faster than the brain. Or we type before we think.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

im actually surprised this took so long to come forth lol should have been made that way in the first place

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

10 Starz here, I've said thing's wish wouldn't have and OOP'S to late after hit "ENTER" LOL

6. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

Oh yes please, absolutely give us that option even if it's only because we made a typo :)

7. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hmmm guess my Idea does not even warrant a response . Oh well

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've seen it, I have a request in with our chat dev to see if this is something we can do.

geckomaster likes this.
  9. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

that message would still have to cost you that 1 speaker though, wouldn't it? i highly doubt there would be some sort of 'mulligan' effect should you type something, submit it, then remove it and still expect to have a speaker to type it again.

I agree there should be a delete button for your own messages, but ya gotta address all aspects that go into it or people will freak for one of a couple reasons:

1) they would assume that if they deleted a message, the speaker would be returned.

2) if the speaker WAS returned, you'd run into the 'F&*K YOU A#@Hole" comments that would appear for a specific conversation, be seen by the individual who it was directed at, and then simply deleted 10 seconds later at no cost to them and without the trace evidence to get the player banned from WC for posting said comment.

I know a speaker is not something anyone values, but 1 speaker could go a loooooong way given the wrong circumstances.

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am suggesting just a red x in the Options , it would be ,report, mute , X just like in the feed, when someone posts a boss by mistake . That was my main interest cause sometimes people click that by mistake, as far as speakers lol who cares ,not me :) Anyone that would get bent over a speaker waster should just grow up , Besides the people that like this idea( IMO) ,I doubt would be the people that would care about a wasted speaker, they would rather right a wrong or a hasty post in the heat of the moment :)

11. grim

grim Member

Hey Linda...I think it's a fantastic idea and give it a 10. Gotta great beat and can really dance to it Dick !...lol

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Just think of the """"headaches""" that support deals with ,with people reporting others all the time, I am sure alot would luv to delete something they said in the heat of the moment,it would cut down on the reports :)

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i wasnt aware that speakers were still in use....

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Sure but I have way over 100 prob close to 200 in most games,I mean ya get a bunch once a week with the daily rewards ,anyone who buys them ,and I imagine, the big talkers do lol but for the rest of us they are free, who would cry over wasting a free speaker when they want to delete something they said or posted by mistake ,that would be cheesy, IMO lol

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I don't think they are being used on KP2 anymore, but they may still be used on Facebook. I don't know for sure because I don't play on the Facebook platform.

16. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

Great Idea Linda and IMO it should have been that way from the start :)

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Talked to the developers about this one and they feel that having a "delete" option for the Chat would be open to a lot of potential abuse, so unfortunately I'm moving this Idea to "not considering".

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've been trying to find a thread/post similar to this, but unable to find it. Can we get a "delete" feature in the group's/guild tabs sections of world chat? If have any better luck finding the thread Mitch, can you point me to it?

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

JADES likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

mi7ch likes this.