The Official Faction Wars Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Heidi Trigg

Heidi Trigg New Member

sophmores vs seniors?

hear hear! i'm very fortunate to be in a B faction [we were A for one war, but just barely] who accepted me at level 36 (am now 343) still the baby but i contribute! point being, we never get higher ranking as expressed above-how, when it's such a vast distance in skill sets? maybe two wars...levels 150 through 1500 and 2000 and up or whatever. that way the playing field is a bit more even? i dunno

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

What's up with the ?s instead of faction ranks?

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I thought we announced that when we rolled it out, but I'm having trouble finding it. :/

Anyways, the "?" in the place of a Faction's actual Division is to prevent the confusion of that was occurring when players would hit an E rank Division and it turned out to be an A one (that's just one example, it's possible to have a mix of any of the Divisions).

Since the Faction Wars wouldn't load a Faction's actual Division until an action was made on/by them, we came up with that solution to try and circumvent reports of Factions changing after being hit.

4. AlterEgoT

Is it really so difficult to set the factions rank?

while I am here. What is up with click and wait 30 seconds. Is Faction wars that big of a draw on resources?

and we all wonder about the attack in 62 seconds countdown.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If we could set Faction ranks from the get-go obviously we would do that.

Just like BA there will be some latency at the beginning of FW, however we're spinning up our servers before hand to lessen that. If you're experiencing extended latency beyond the beginning of either the FW or BA (after the servers have spun up and everything has stabilized) you might want to check with your ISP. :)

You might need to elucidate on the "attack in 62 seconds countdown". Is this when the Wars start? After you've attempted attacking a Faction? After you've placed a few attacks on a Faction? Could you perhaps be waiting on Tokens to regenerate?

6. AlterEgoT

It gave us the fight screen but when you went to attack it said "War attacks will enable in 62 seconds..." etc.

I am really surprised to hear you can't set ranks before hand. I wouldn't have though it was that difficult. Perhaps needing a cutoff to join of 15 minutes or so but seems a simple enough command. But now I know.

If I may ask, Why not spin the servers up sooner so they are stabalized. Is there a downside to that?

PS. Really awesome response time. Pretty cool to know someone is watching for bugs :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the additional information on the attack countdown I'll have to check with a developer about that. :) It could just be that the attack screen opened a minute ahead of schedule.

We do bring the servers online earlier, about ten or so minutes before the Arena/Wars actually starts. Unfortunately, no matter how early we bring them online there will always be some hitching at the beginning because the servers have to go from processing a smaller number of simultaneous requests at once to an exponentially larger number as everybody participating begins clicking. The additional servers mostly just reduce the time needed for everything to stabilize because there are more servers to handle the increased requests.

If there's still a noticeable and detrimental amount of lag at the beginning of the arena we can see what other preventative measures we can put in place before an event starts.

8. AlterEgoT

okie dokie. Thanks

9. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

So we have to hit them to find their rank and waste a precious token? Great plan. Why don't you set the Kano faction to attack everyone at the start if that's the only way to reveal ranks.

10. slave

slave Member

hmm, so as the numbers decrease in arena, we have more "latency"?
    cuz im pretty darned sure when it came out and we had 1500+ players all jumping in when it was fresh and shiny we didnt have any of these start up issues on beginning arena, and i know im not mis-remembering.....

so please do us all a favor --- stop treating us like idiots

you have to wonder why your participation and numbers are declining...look at the above line and you can see why

11. baha

baha Member

I have been getting Glitched.... by the game SAYING I have no points left even tho I have Had 9 and the team I was railing on was down to a probable single hit~! This has happened 2 times of late . I do note that in my regular play, Stamina, I AM out of points~! Seems the game is getting confused....Or am I ?? I still have the 9 points as I type but they will NOT PLAT heal or fight in the Faction war!

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Their Division is only a "?" until an action is taken by or against them, so if you're worried about spending a Token on a "?" Faction refresh the page, chances are it will have updated. This is the same problem people were running into before, but the "?" means people won't be hitting an E Faction thinking it's an A or vice versa and can therefore look for other targets that have been updated.

13. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

Did anyone else have trouble signing up for the last War? I have two Faction members who could not compete - one signed-up, but did not get in, the other was unable to sign-up altogether!

14. Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin New Member

I think if you were to look closely it is probably not he "big 3" that are killing the the lower tier factions. We did do this when FW first started but then we quickly realized it was far more beneficial to only attack "A" and "B" tiers. We will occasionally find a lower Tier and try to pick them off, but when we talk to our faction members we let them know we only want to attack "A" and "B" so I think there is a misconception that we are taking out all the smaller factions. A proposed change to the way it currently works could be that any Tier can attack 2 Tiers down - So an "A" could attack "A", "B" or "C" only and at the same time any faction can attack anyone in a higher Tier. Maybe not perfect but it could give lower Tiers a better chance.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Pat, could you please have those members of your Faction submit a ticket to Support along with as much information as they can muster about the steps they took to try and register in the Wars? Thanks! :)

16. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

Will do - sorry for the delay - still getting used to this thread!

17. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

In the last faction War (2nd to 6th May 2014), our "junior" Faction (SMFS2) members got no rewards at all! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

What position did your Faction place in, Pat?

It looks like the leaderboard updated properly so I don't think it's that old issue surfacing again...

19. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I got a question about how WP's for healing are worked out...
    On armor my chatacter has 1 defense, the defense of my current loadout is 1137 ... I get 20wp per heal *thumbs up
    On facebook my character has 1001 defense, the defense of my current loadout is 1300 yet I only get 12wp per heal *shrugs
    wth?

20. GD-GLX

GD-GLX New Member

Hello, playing ZS on Kongregate, on the last FW we took 6th place but there is no link for the rewards. I've refreshed the page and nothing. Is there a problem?