[ZS] Developer Update November 9th - Hitist / Booby Trap Bugfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

For the majority this update will not be applicable, but there has existed a bug for some time now where a player on the hitlist could encounter an ambush and die. Under some situations if the player healed before being attacked again they would remain on the hitlist, or if they are cleared off the hitlist after hitting a booby trap the reward to collect the hitlist disappears.

Today's update fixes the following:

1. When a player is on the hitlist and hits a booby trap, they will be killed and removed from the hitlist
    2. When the player is removed from the hitlist through a booby trap, the player that paid for the hitlist will be credited with the amount that would have been paid to the player that collected the hit, original paid minus the hitlist fee

2. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Ok so whatever the person who would have collected the bounty would have gotten, is what you get returned then? ok that sounds fair to me.

3. Bob Cooks

Bob Cooks Member

Just an idea, But since the higher level players can ride the list for years if they dont get bored and log off, could players attacking on the hitlist get a higher and higher % boost based on how many levels below the person that is listed?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That is correct. If you place a bounty on someone that dies in a booby trap, you will get the cash that someone else would have gotten if they made the kill.

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

That's an interesting idea. It has also been suggested in the past making Stamina Boosts more accessible.

6. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I really can not believe that after all this time this is what you've come up with.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What behaviour would you have preferred to see instead?

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Nothing. This isn't a "bug", it's been a feature in the game that needed fixing back when I was level 100 on FB. Not now.

The only thing that need to be change is that when you blow a booby trap while your listed, you die.

I see this as a win for those with more then one account. They know your not going to let them pass the money onto their alt so you go and blow a booby trap, in which case they make the money back an list you again. Just don't blow a booby trap? So then you've gotta try and heal till someone else starts attacking an pray the alt isn't the one to get the kill attack in.

9. So what

So what Member

NICE ONE
    WELL THANKS ...and i do mean that...its been fun the most part...but things do have to come to an end
    and you KANO helped me decide...so brillent....

but its game over and out
    been a good run and i wish KANO all the success in the future

...enjoy .....hope they all keep playing for free

simply the quickest way for me to go ..thanks...am not here for all the alt s and bots to throw me up to cash swap....

thanks its been a head trip

[Nom] RETIRED PogMcFister 10 11 2011 WORLD NO 2

Level 2570 Mechanic

Joined 535 days ago

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  10. So what

So what Member

you dont need to hunt for what NOM thinks....we will allow you to see the post .

Thomasina Egan
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthre...th-Hitist-Booby-Trap-Bugfix&p=39799#post39799

since this new...lol developement ...im not moving forward with the game

its a flippin joke
    but hey ho
    they have the cash....( well done kano) ..the bots and alts
    have gotten the game to a shit situation

and as for phrosty..and borris well....they to can stare at my dead account

i can just see it...and well it gives me GREAT JOY

kano s step is just one to far
    I might have to put up with it when i could make sure my account wasent been abused...but the easiest way is to keep it dead.

PLAYING with all of you in NOM has been a head trip..and a pleasure
    all of you are brillent and the abuse you suffered...without the trophy brain for the gp award

yes NOM has always been the NO 1 team to fight
    we know this
    we enjoyed this
    and well..all good things must come to an end..
    so for me
    AGAIN I THANK YOU ONE AND ALL

DIABLOS....IS A NEW GAME
    might see you over there......heaps are inviting me to play
    so you never know
    [ZS] Developer Update November 9th - Hitist / Booby Trap Bugfix
    forums.kanoapps.com
    Kano/Apps, Social Games, Addicting Games, Free Games
    Like · · Unfollow post · Share · about a minute ago near Dublin

11. Sarah Hughes

Sarah Hughes New Member

I also won't be used as a puppet for the money swapping cheaters...
    Boobying off the list is a game strategy for some, and a successful one for those who use it...
    By taking this option away you are just inviting Abuse and misuse.
    So, like my counterpart, Thomasina, I am also out of the game...
    Have fun without your objects of desire, little people.

12. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

It's been a while since I posted but this is one of the first times I am opposed to an idea or change from Kano (<--I am a slappy)especially Zombie Slayers. But I never viewed this as a glitch, I always viewed it as a part of Zombie Slayers and something I could look forward to myself one day at or near the top.

What is the advantage or privilege to your players at the top, they are either the hardest working or most loyal players because they are spending money or smarter than the rest when it comes to placing there skill points, or haha have a ton of free time.

This helps fast levelers who are weak at fighting and great at boss killing. Yes anyone can claim these rewards now but it seems like a bad a@# game just got a little weaker.

The only thing I can think of is you would like ZS to be more like the other main 3 apps (sorry HZ is a little brother) it is clear more people add to there attack and defense is zs than the other other 3 (maybe I am wrong) and that would make leveling faster and it would draw the numbers of say VC .

I like change but this is one of the reasons that zs is special, and I love all the small differences between the 4 main apps, But If I didn't waste my time in the past on myspace having a zillion accounts and focused on just one account, and came over to fb at the beginning like I should of (and was told to) and I was level 2000-3000 I would be angry.

It's Zombie Slayers! In any disaster of any kind the weak do not win against the strong ever. it may not be fair but it's it's survival of the fittest<-I know it's a game.

This is not a personal shot at any players, Kano, or Kendall I have no issues with any of you, I just thought I would share my view on this change. I started Zombie Slayers on Day 1 in Myspace, I had all ready had the other 3 apps but had lost interest after a year or two, it was Zombie Slayers that sucked me in and made me Fan of all 4.

Lol, I hope this is clear or makes some sense, I swear every time there is a major change or I feel the need to speak my mind in here I have been up for a couple of days like an idiot for some stupid job.

I guess I should sign into myspace since it's been a couple of months, I am a Facebook girl now. Good luck everyone in your playing, I hope everyone is well.

Jules

PSS I hate money swapping

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  13. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

Yeah this is a few other apps did in the last few years and have fallen greatly, Sorry to hear both of you are leaving please check in at least every few weak because you never know things can change back

14. alka

alka Banned

Bull5hit. I guess someones been whining about not feeding other accounts the bounties. It's a joke to change things now. You may as well stop people killing themselves on ambushes before they log off as it's upsetting some peeps to see that some players have low pk's on their stats, while at the same time reimburse the guy who set the Booby Trap up, as it wasn't triggered off as a means to list the guy !!!!! JOKE!!!
    Surly if the listed set off the booby they should live and the guy who placed the booby should have to re trap, but make the ba*tard pay double the cost each time.

And don't even get me started on giving lower level guys a better chance of getting high level players bounties, make the f**kers work the same as the high levels then they can get them easier...:mad:

15. alka

alka Banned

Thomasina, KANO won't give a toss if you leave. They obviously have someone else's money making the decisions on how the game is played these days. We are only as good as our last dollar!
    If you do decide to call it a day then I'd like to say what a pleasure it's been knowing you <3

16. I dont believe its a bug, its the crybabies winning again after crying about their money being ganked.

Its a valid strategy to blow up money from someone that listed you..

Wow bob is all happy about that... I bet .. Not like you needed money Mr. Ambusher, Mr. Energy Freak with 13 Trillion..

I guess maybe you think you have real money right there that you can actually go out and spend..

Its a game.

Nice job with this Mistake Kano. I've praised you for alot of the fixes, but you get a Thumbs Down bigtime with this mistake.

You allowed the Crybabies to win on this..

Whats next?? You going to allow the Crybabies to be able to Reallocate their POINTS too??

17. Ace

Ace Member

Oh well, looks like the crybabies won... However, I don't know who's a bigger crybaby, if the people who requested this, or the people who say "I'm done" because of this.

I don't like the update either, I think it was a valid strategy, but get used to it, there are other ways to confront that problem other than quitting :)

18. The bottomline is Those that have been playing this game faithfully know the cheaters in this game, These cheaters have been reported also, yet alot of the times i guess you continue to let them get away with it..

Now you have taken away something you call a BUG... Thats not a bug. You adhered to all the crybaby whiners that get upset because they lost some money...

I really dont understand that point either... losing money.

This game isnt about millions anymore.. Its Trillions.. Nobody is losing money.

You have catered the game around the Higher levels, thats how you are supposed to do it.. Most games out there cater to those higher lvls because they are the ones that stick around got to give themselves something to do..

Just like a MMO , got to give the players new raids or they get bored..

You need to reverse this mistake. The next big mistake would be reallocating points and if you do that, that door is going to open wide and alot of people are going to walk away. You can enjoy all the cheaters, losers and idiots around here that like to take advantage in a game.

19. Sarah Hughes

Sarah Hughes New Member

I wouldn't say I was being a "crybaby", my sweet, just voting with my feet over a game that has been going steadily downhill for a long while now.

How would YOU confront the problem?
    I did suggest to Thomasina that we should desquad and booby trap, then just list each other up to stoopid amounts and booby off each other, as we'd get 75% of our money back each time.
    But really... where is the fun in THAT... and we'd just get whined about anyway??
    Tired of the whiners, cheats, and Devs who allow these whining cheats to prosper.
    D O N E participating... I can do outbreaks and challenges from the grave ...
    The haters can just stare at my shiny, cold, dead metal ass :D

20. The funniest thing i think about is... NOT A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE USED BOOBY TRAPS to KILL THEMSELVES..

That list of people is very small Kano..

On top of that when a person is listed 20 FRIGGING TIMES, is that supposed to feel good???????? Losing TONS of Experience??????

Well crap, I guess if you cant Booby, Lets suggest you cant CHAIN BOOBY TRAP, CHAIN HITLIST Either...

Lets make this game for the Wimps and Crybabies.. Hell lets just remove Booby Traps and Ambushes too..

Lets just Play nice and sit around the Campfire and sing songs..

Isnt your Hollywood Zombies game more about the Zombies then fighting?? Do all that nice stuff in that game..

We like our fighting in Zombie Slayers and you know there are NOT MANY Outs or Strats for being Hitlisted is there???

You shouldnt have taken away that ability and Rewarded the Lister.