ZS Chat Admin: Your chat account has been disabled.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alka, May 9, 2012.

1. alka

alka Banned

This is no excuse. If Kano is too small to operate big boys toys then they should leave them alone.
    What the hell is the point of someone say reporting that they have been labelled a "paedophile" in World Chat. Say this escalates within 2 hours to the point where people start to join in or worse believe what's being printed?
    How do you think the person being labelled feels when he knows Kano will do something about it within 24 hours or maybe 48 hours if it's the weekend?
    I think a law suit of Defamation Of Character would be called into question, and I'd love to be in court when Kano use the excuse "THEY ARE TOO SMALL TO MONITOR IT".
    As has already been pointed out, it's illegal in a lot of Countries not to monitor it while it is in operation.

It's a useless tool as most of us would prefer to use our own chat windows where we can ban people immediately if they overstep the mark.

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I agree with you.This was a useless feature.If someone can't monitor it 24/7,then get rid of it.As soon as something goes up thats inappropriate,it should,within seconds,be taken down.If Kano is too small staffed for this,then why have this to begin with?Either get some overtime in,hire some staff purely for this,or just get rid of this useless feature.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Illegal for a chat in some countries?? was not aware of that ??? sorry I am confused but anyway I do not use it and keep it closed , has no value or interest for me, unless someone should say there is something there that is nasty , then I will go , look and report it :)

oh yeah almost forgot but the whole thread is just nonsense anyway , there are alot more important things to talk about or not talk about ,again IMO :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Illegal for it not to be monitored when in use.Kano obviously doesn't keep a 24/7 watch on this and in some countries that's illegal not to be monitoring it whenever it's in use.

5. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

You expressed your issue and Kano are now aware of it. I don't think having chat Mods 24/7 is at the top of Kano's priority list at the moment.

They are more then likely busy working on new content that has been asked for by a lot more people then the one's posting in this thread.

There is nothing stopping you (or anyone) from minimizing the chat box until Kano can spend time working on a better solution then what they have at the moment.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well if Kano gets in trouble for breaking laws,they can only blame themselves and have to eat the monetary cost if it ever came to that.

7. alka

alka Banned

And will ignore it like everything other concern that's posted.

Another strange thing is one of my posts went walk about.
    Freedom of speech not allowed anymore????

8. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

If you really believe that Kano has no intentions of looking into anything that's posted, why even bother to keep coming back to the Forum, Alka? Surely you would see it as a waiste of time when you know Kano wont do anything.

If you posted by the rules, Alka, your post's wouldn't go walk about.

It's funny how people expect Kano to jump to it, as soon as they post something on the Forum yet very few people bother to read the rules of the Forum and post accordingly.

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Its obviously not a Kano priority...but 24/7 support should be #1 on the priority list, reporting foul language and suspected cheating does absolutely no good when nobody is there to investigate immediately. Offensive behavior and cheating is running amok in Kano games and its driving players away with the lack of response/action. Kano should scale back development on all new updates until they get their house in order, if they need to cut corners in the art department ...so be it, the artwork has always been great but a real time response to all the BS would be much more valuable to an overall positive gaming experience

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

24/7 immediate support that is being discussed in this thread is an unrealistic request and is not something an indie gaming company like Kano/Apps could possibly ever provide and not only Kano/Apps but also a $100-billion publicly traded company like Facebook cannot support.

We provide tools for players to report in-appropriate chat messages, chat messages are all saved, when reported each one is reviewed and appropriate action is taken. This is common practice for all social networks and messaging platforms, there are none that I am aware of that have 24/7 immediate support response.

We have stated, that our goal is to have 24-48 hr response time on messages to support. For our industry that is light years compared to competitors.

Besides chat, only open messages that can be sent through game is if you are alliance with that player, simply removing that player as an alliance will cut off that communication channel.

11. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

May I point out this issue. We have people who play these games under the age of 18. I know kids 13 to 18 play these games. I have been around these games since 1999 to know that there are problems and issues with the chat. It could attract predators to the games that targets kids or ladies. I have seen this happened. KANO does not have to monitor the chat 24/7, but they can get volunteers who can keep watch on them who are trustworthy. Just like the mods on this forum can be applied to the chat box and other areas. The volunteers can make complete reports to be sent to KANOs' dev.

12. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I was banned from World Chat ages ago lol. I know why, and Im glad. I hated it!. :p

13. alka

alka Banned

I'm with you. The best part for me was that it was easy to get banned :)

14. Bad ass name

Bad ass name New Member

Where can you appeal this crap?

15. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

You need to send a message to Support: Here

16. Matt Jenkins

Matt Jenkins New Member

Yeah that kinda confuses me too wench i was kidding around thinking what i said would get more slayers to add me because it was a little funny, ive never said anything like that and i got banned from chat almost as soon as i said it. all i said was "We get the idea " will i ever get off ban for that even if it was nothing but a simple ha ha ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Hi Matt, I would suggest you send a message to Support and they will be able to help you.