ZS Chat Admin: Your chat account has been disabled.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alka, May 9, 2012.

1. alka

alka Banned

I got myself banned from Zombie Slayer World Chat through a bet , but I'm not fussed as I never use it.
    I did not get an email to this effect so it took a few weeks before I noticed the sneaky ban, so I have no idea how long the ban will last (hopefully for ever).
    I don't get a replacement for lost Speakers, but as Kano are so desperate for funds I won't penny pinch.

But what really confuses me is I am still able to use the World Chat in Viking Clan ( Speakers 11), Pirate Clan (Speaker 7) and LCN (Speakers 8)??

2. Deltan

Deltan Member

If you go to a sporting event and get kicked out for disorderly conduct, you don't get your ticket refunded, not seeing why you should get any different here, the solution is to not break the rules.

Each game and chat is unique, breaking the rules on one does not necessarily infer banishment from all, nor should it. Same reason banned forum users are not necessarily banned in game. :)

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Deltan,I don't think Alka was complaining wanting a refund.Think wanted to know if the ban was forever.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Is this also the reason why,banned for multiple accounts on one app,not banned on the others?

5. alka

alka Banned

I'm sure the alts will welcome this news.

6. Deltan

Deltan Member

You guys love putting words in my mouth. I said "not necessarily", this means that obviously there are cases where we'll choose to revoke access across the board.

7. alka

alka Banned

You added that part, which would cancel out "not necessarily".

8. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

"Imply", not "infer". You imply (strongly suggest); I infer (conclude from evidence). And by the way, there's a pretty nasty comment posted in World Chat right now.

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

if people see nasty comments in the world chat, it is very simple to bring it to the attention of Kano, just click the report button there :)

10. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I reported it right when I saw it yesterday and again a few minutes ago but it's still there. It's amazing to me that this: "i only shagged yer ugly bird twice 2 get da smell of yer sister of ma cock" has been allowed to remain posted for 17 hours now.

11. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I reported it , also,right after I saw our post earlier today , forgot all about it as I always have it closed unless someone mentions that there is some one doing stuff like that

it looks like it is gone now :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  12. We have frequent conversations with the developers, so we often report posts and violations we see, whether it be in world chat, a forum post or an abusive person etc. it's usually always gets fed back. And action is taken on the user/users in question.

I'll say this again, if you suspect anyone of using an alternate account or cheating, then feel free to report it so it can investigated.

13. alka

alka Banned

What's the point. You block the alt and allow the main account to remain so it can set up a few more..
    As for World Chat, I saw many personal obscene comments posted time and time again by the same people for weeks at a time, so lets not blab on about monitoring it.
    If Kano are going to run chat rooms then it should be staffed 24/7 or closed when not staffed, like any reputable chat site.
    At the end of the day it's Kano who are responsible for content that appears on it's site, NOT US!!

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

^^^^^^This!

16. I'm sorry I have to disagree, Kano is a small business with a handful of dedicated employees, it is impossible for them to monitor the world chat 24/7 because of number and timezone restrictions.

I never once said in my posts that I/we/moderators monitor the chat, we just report anything that we see and it usually always gets fed back and dealt with. Now the point in reporting posts is just that, Kano is a small business and rely on the community to report players who abuse features of the games/forums so they can deal with any problems that may arise, they are only human at the end of the day and can only do as much as they can humanly manage.

Now world chat isn't used constantly 24/7 unless I'm missing something, so I don't see a reason for it to be monitored 24 hours a day, which is why it would be in the best interests of the developers and the community to report anything they believe violates the chat/forum TOS whether this be name calling or obscenities, I'm sure they would be grateful for the support. :)

17. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I think Dylan's post is spot on.

18. I don't care what people write in world feed, and I don't abuse it.

I completely agree that players who do get offended should help Kano with reports about violations on the world feed.

But then the agreement stops.

Of course it is Kano's responsibility to monitor the chat.

In my country it would not even be legal to have an open chat without supervision, IT IS ILLEGAL. And it is not to be discussed Moderators!

19. David Stroud

David Stroud Member

Remember that the Kano chat box still have kinks in it here and there at times. I am finally got back on the chat when I was getting it to load. I finally found the problem. I had to restart my internet connection. If the internet connection slows down and not get the chat to load? then restart it. It does not mean that you are banned from all chats. I had the problem with both Facebook and MySpace chat. Also that some of the new script could effect one game, and not another. Plus, it may not you be banned, but some new script that either both MySpace or Facebook implemented that could effect the connection issue. Now, if you did not break the rules? You might want to do what I did, restart the internet connection.

The issue is would the devs put a message up telling you that you are banned from using the chat box? Did you get that message?

20. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

The Chat Box was given to us as a way for players to be able to communicate outside of the set in game messages we already had. Kano have tried to stop abuse by making people have to pay to regularly make comment's and by banning certain words (they show as xxxx). If people are going to complain because Kano can't be on 24/7 to delete abusive comments as they are made, maybe they should just get rid of the chat Box altogether.