[ZS] August 23rd Update - New Social Feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Nigeria Coop Boss has just been released we will likely make an official announcement tomorrow when it was scheduled to be released but decided to pull a late day to get this out for all you social feed whiners ;)

Enjoy!

For those that like the feature (which we have been getting that feedback, more so after players got used to the new layout) the new boss is for you too!

2. First update in months I love. Thank you this takes care of atleast 6 of my previous suggestions :D and a new boss even! way to be on top of shit for once Kano!

3. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

Gee thanks ;)

You seem like kind of a whiner yourself bro. lol...

By the way, I still can't see everyone in my squad, a friend of mine are in chat outside of ZS and she told me she was posting a contract in 5 seconds. Even 30 seconds later I still don't see a damn thing until I go to her profile and bang there it is posted 33 seconds prior.................................

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  4. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

I'm lovin' it especially the grey link after you have clicked it. It's an awesome feature ;)

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will look to update the refresh rate on the feed tomorrow as well as the number of friends it is showing.

Devs never whine we are just the cause of it ;)

6. Ace

Ace Member

Interesting quote, and very true indeed... You have created an ocean of tears out of a few players complaints about anything.

Another interesting feature I noticed recently, is that you can filter on your feed by Squad members, Friends and Faction. Very helpful considering I have a far larger squad than a friendlist. Too bad I don't have a faction, but it would be helpful as well if I had one :p

So yeah, I'm liking this new feed a lot :D

7. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

Is this going to be addressed? You responded to the topic of whiners but not an actual problem/glitch with the new feed.

8. But wouldn't that mean helping the same person twice?

You can't do that, add more squadms

9. Ace

Ace Member

You could help the same person twice and it wasn't a glitch. You can help him/her each 6 hours normally, but anyone with a decent squad should get his 20 helpers before that happens.

10. that glitch was also in pirate when it first came out

that was fixed there

same mistake twice....

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

This is not the same as what happened on PC. The problem on PC was that the time window to accept help was improperly set to expire prematurely.

As for only being able to assist once per Outbreak Help Request, this has previously been noted and will be reviewed when we do our wrap-up for this feature. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

12. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

That's typical, cause I stated exactly what I personally didn't care for, but it was glanced over in lieu of calling me a "whiner."

Remember Kendall, we help pay your salary lol......:)

I am also still experiencing an issue where my outbreak helps have been maxed out, yet when I refresh my ZS window, all of the links are VALID......even if I have clicked on them before. Not sure what the deal is because it doesn't do it every single time.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  13. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

can we pretty pretty pretty please have our squad contracts and faction info stay in our profile feed? Helps would be great if they stayed too. As it is a good part of my squad can't help me and I can't help them since we play at different times :(

Edited to add:
    I'm not liking the greyed out links anymore. As Hash mentioned often it reverts when you come back to the feed. And it isn't greyed out sometimes even though I've clicked and it's full or I've helped too many already.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  14. Eraser

Eraser Member

So, Im a day late on getting involved in this discussion as everyone explored and decided what they do and DONT like about the new update, because i just now A few hours ago, Gained a Voice in these forums. I'm somewhat glad tho, at first, being as conservative as I am, I HATE changes... so now that the shock is over, and I've had the time to see how all the new features are working, You can have my solid and complete opinion.

The likes and comments are awesome.

No more complaints in the feed about being stuck in the time-out den, because everyone can can carry on with their public conversations by way of the comments section of the main contributors post. Im not so public with my every little opinion myself, but so very glad to get all the mess out of my face, and where it belongs.

The likes are just downright fun, especially when i can go like on post that are not in my squad. hey, I just killed this guy on the hitlist, let me go like in HIS feed where he got listed and he can see it clearly, that TRULY humors me, as well as just being able to quickly say, Nice kill thru a like anytime i see a squad member kill a big-time rival.

On the other hand, I dont see the point in having the likes and comments on EVERYTHING in the feed... does anyone really have something to say about when I post my outbreak help? is anyone really going to LIKE that posted my squad contracts? silly to have likes and comments on everything, but doesn't bother me at all.

I really love that I can see people that are not squaded in my feed. It tacs on to the radar, and helps create more opportunity to get an active fight going with my rivals, and see the other side of conversations that i wouldnt be able to before, just because a squad member was talking to someone that was NOT a squad member. less confusion, less asking questions, and just finding out for myself instead of going on what someone else says.

That being said, I noticed that it will not stay on ALL SLAYERS or Faction members, goes back to Squad every time I return to the home page. Is that a bug? or intentional? If it where available for a vote, I would side with being able to Stay on the option that i choose instead of having to change it back every time.

The things Im having an issue about with this update are the squad contracts, and challenge helps not being available with the exception of 10 minutes after the first time they are posted.

The hyperactive members have made a little community in this game, we all know each other, some even on real personal levels. I really liked being able to keep my best friends, and faction members as Squad contracts, and being able to do it almost effortlessly. Now if i want specific people in my contracts, I have to go find them in a chatroom, or message them, tell them to watch the feed specially for my contract, like its a hitlist kill.

I recall when the unlimited challenge helps where set back to 25, and then changed to 50-75, one of the main reasons was because It wasnt supposed to be about a race to see who could help the fastest, but now that has been reversed. I always thought it was nice to leave your fresh challenge in the feed days ago, so there wasnt such a rush to get to the help,so it there was always at least some XP available. This way, You could get close to your level up, hit a few helps and move on with your game. it was smooth, and I liked it, along with tons of other people that sit and play the game for multiple hours a day. Also yes, it was also a kind act to tell someone, hey you should go get my challenge help and post it in your faction feed so they could get the dibs on it.

The time frame that things show in your feed, its a bust for Long time players... Some of those post on our profiles where like... TROPHIES... show how long we've been in factions... There was this one post on another particular slayers profile, that showed them hitlisting me over 6 months ago, It made me laugh that he was in my squad so long and posted so few hits that I was literally still showing on his profile, with my original/default name.

So Im a short summary, Overall I like the new things In the update, comments and likes are just plain fun. but you folks at kano need to realize that you are part of the SERVICE industry, as in YOU serveUS. Its not really a good idea to go taking away the things that your customers like. Add all the new features that you want, but dont mess with the way We play our game... and i say OUR game, because We are the ones paying for it! If you could change the new update to where challenge helps will become available again once a new game has started, and contract helps will be available once the new contract has opened up again, and show these post on infinitely on our profiles until they are reposted, just like before the update... Im sure you will have Happier customers.

15. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I still can't see more than 20% of the people in my squad in my feed. I have around 180....and I can only continually see about 15 people or so.....

The Likes, have grown on me. I think it's kind of funny to like someone's punch kill :)

However, I would still LOVE to see a notification that shows up when someone comments on something in your feed--or when someone comments in the same person's post in their feed.

Otherwise I'm never going to go back and try to find comments that are 2 hours old.......because most of them drop out of my feed after about 20 minutes.

16. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

The feeds don't hold near enough now. Really boring. I used to go look at my top squad's feeds to see if they needed any back up or help. doesn't do any good now since it shows so little.

I still don't like the way the feed looks but the like/comments is ok.

The greyed links are still somewhat cool except I still have trouble with ones being greyed that I should be able to help with again.

17. Jessica

Jessica Member

So I had an interesting bug with challenge help a few minutes ago. I started a death deal asked for help as usual and looked at my game history to see 12 people had helped then I went back to my death deal and saw it still said 11/12 and 8 chips available. I went back to the feed and looked at the list of helpers on my death deal and it said 12/12 went back to death deal still 11/12. I asked for help on death deal again (as link was greyed out so nobody could click on it) and had another person click for 13/12 shown on feed and I finally got 12/12 on death deal and my extra 4 chips. So pretty interesting bug :p

On a side note any chance boss help and boss rewards could get their own feeds? I'd like it if I could just view the people asking for help and not see all the collect reward spam. Also I'm not sure why we still have world boss attack messages in feeds they are pretty useless..

18. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I'm still having issues with grey links that I should be able to click on, as well as having open links that are either no longer valid or I can't help on--even though it says I can.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can you be more specific with the grey links that you should/shouldn't be able to click on? Perhaps a screen shot? I know there have been complaints about squad contracts, outbreak assistance and challenge help links.

20. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thank you Skywalker OG for the comprehensive feedback. This is valuable information to help us further refine this feature.

Cheers