[ZS] August 23rd Update - New Social Feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

And update to the Social Feed was released to Zombie Slayer today. This is a new look for the feed and along with that comes some new features.

Notable Changes
    • Action links have been pulled out of the feed text and are displayed to the right of the comments/likes/helpers buttons
    • All feed posts can be commented on by you and your Squad members
    • Comments can be deleted by the Event owner
    • All feed posts can be 'liked'
    • A list of those who have Liked or Helped with an event are viewable and you are able to send them a boost/gift/message
    • As events expire, become full, or if you have already helped the action link will deactivate

Boss Help feed post with comments
    [​IMG]

Helper/Likes list
    [​IMG]

Please let us know what you think of the new feed. Your feedback is always appreciated!

2. i don't like it,i want the old feed,i don't need likes when i kill somebody,waste of time kano,better give us the nigeria coop boss,this is something truly needed,or new challenges from japan

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

With all due respect, I cannot stand this new layout crap.

First, I play on MySpace. There isn't all that liking crap from Facebook and I am quite confused as to why anyone thought it was a good idea to take up (WASTE) more space in the social feed.

I would greatly appreciate a REVERSAL of this horrid garbage, and so far most of the people talking in the social feed in my squad on MySpace are saying the same thing.

Alas, I will likely be quitting this game soon anyway. I have better shit to do with my time and money. And the amount of cheating on this game has grown exponentially and it pisses me off.

Where is the Thailand boss? New challenges?

What is with the shitty ass marginal aesthetic changes to the layouts? Most of the players could care less, we want content not bullshit.

EDIT: I just noticed on DD's and Bosses this "click to help" crap after "LIKE"........What were you guys thinking? Really? It worked so well before, the ONLY thing that I like it the fact that once you click a DD link it goes dead and you can't waste your time clicking on it thinking you didn't help yet.

THIS CHANGE SUCKS.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Four main reasons for this change:

1. To reduce wasted clicks on outbreaks, bosses, etc that have expired or are no longer available for help. Links will now expire (greyed out) in the social feed if no longer available or have already helped.

2. To make the social feed more social. ZS is after all a social game and making the social feed actually social is a step in the right direction.

3. To make it easier to help friends out, help / action links have been moved outside of the text body and added as an action link.

4. We moved the feed to a new data storage that will enable us to pull more friends feeds than we were able to with the old method, this should reduce the complaints where a friend may post a request for help but it does not show up in your feed.

Also, MySpace does have "Like" and "Comment" on their stream, check it out.

If you have any specific comments on what you do not like please let us know. To put it in context, all that has changes is that an icon comment was added, a like link, action link was moved out of the body of text for faster navigation and helpers are now shown with the feed post.

Your specific feedback is appreciated, "THIS CHANGE SUCKS" is not specific enough for us to take and make changes on.

If you have specifics on "cheating" please email support.

We plan to release the Nigeria Coop boss tomorrow.

5. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I agree completely Hash.

I HATE it. Less content per page, more wasted space, everything looks the same, it's a nightmare to filter through. Rather than feed we will now all take more and more to chat posting links to each other so that we don't have to look at the carnage that is the feed.

It's an eyesore and serves no useful purpose. Being one of the folks that have spent money on the game I can tell you it's not worth spending the money if this is what you do with it. And I won't be needing stamina refills since it will take me so much longer to locate anything in the feed it will refill itself.

Many of us myspacers had a discussion about moving to facebook should something happen here and if I remember correctly the majority said they would follow even though they don't like facebook. So what did you do? You tried to copy facebook that none of us like. Does our feedback matter?

Highly disappointed in this change. How about a new type of challenge or maybe upping the number of attacks to 50 from 40 to give us something to do, or how about noticing that your higher levels no longer have access to much that the others do not have as the lower levels are catching up on outbreaks and bosses so that before long we'll all be repeating the same things over and over. I'd rather see you ahead of the levels especially since I see more and more higher levels leaving the game or contemplating leaving the game as they don't have anything new to conquer.

I do hope you take the time to read our feedback and realize that the ZS gamers like the simplicity with content rather than rearranging items around.

6. Ace

Ace Member

I'll have to get used to the new layout, but functionally it is way better now. Nice update :D

As for the Like thing, it's just 4 letters covering space. If you don't like the feature, you're not forced to use it.

7. Jessica

Jessica Member

I love the feed no more clicking on challenge, outbreak and boss helps that I've already done. :)

8. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I do like that aspect, it's about the only part I do like.

Filling up the social feed with bullshit like that is just annoying in my personal opinion. Maybe you guys haven't figured out the frequent players ALREADY MEET UP IN "XAT" CHAT ROOMS if they play on MySpace--and there are a few chat groups for FB too.

Highly UNNECESSARY from my take.

Yeah I saw that, I didn't care for it at all. It doesn't make shit easier. I fail to see how learning a new system every time you guys get a wild hair up your ass makes things easier on us? Not to mention it looks like shit and fills up WAY WAY WAY too much of the Social feed.....it's making me want to be Anti-Social because of how much I dont' like it.

Really? Cause I have 185 squad members and that's down from 800+ and I still can't see everyone.....Interesting.

Right, I dont use the shit except to play ZS, as MySpace has so many bugs and bullshit going on with their notifications and everything else.

I did also know this before I said something, but it's not a very popular feature from my understanding where as everyone on Facebook does it every 3 seconds.

Right on with the boss. I already have emailed support about certain things, some of it gets resolved, some of it doesn't. Just makes me realize when people admit having alts, whether they are friends or not, I should screen shot their asses in case they get on my "shit list."

I think the linking and commenting icons in the social feed make it harder to read, posts are now larger in space so there's less room to even have the social feed.

I honestly just don't care for the change period, and I doubt that you guys will just completely remove it because me and a few others say that they don't like it.

The only thing I do like about this is that when you click no a death death help etc, the link goes dead. That is a cool feature. The rest just take up too much room I think (makes the social feed look awkward to me)......

Maybe I should just give it some time and get used to it........but I doubt I'll be playing the game that long.

9. AlterEgoT

Specifics:

You have to pretty much stop down what you are doing to read each and every line to find out what is being requested.

You have to do a lot more scrolling to get the information with all the space taken up with like or comment

There is no notification on the comments so you have to go back and look at everything you've typed to see if anyone has commented.

Why exactly would we want to like something? I suppose to congratulate them? Seems unneccesary for the space that is being used with the features.

The links outside the text is fine but since nothing is color coded it's a pain to try to easily locate what you want to help with.

The positive is the greyed out link once completed.

off the top of my head those are the annoying parts and positive parts.

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

"Less content per page" - time ago was moved to below the image, for +90% of the posts that is all the height has changed by. So I don't agree, content should be mostly the same.

With this release, our intent was to make the social feed more social by allowing positive responses as well as comments both of which is done by MySpace and Facebook.

How will the new lay out make it longer for you to do anything in, we have organized the information so that it should be a lot quicker. What are do you find is taking you longer to complete?

11. The Lion OG

The Lion OG Member

I personally think the "like" and comments option on a particular post is just overkill and make the feed just obese. Being able to see people that aren't in my squad is a sweet new option but the other nonsense is just filler in my eyes. In new updates people will complain, this is inevitable, but through the feedback I think this can be rectified and made to look a lot better. One thing I wish KANO would really work on is the fact that now when I try to get on my game it sometime takes me 5-6 tries cause MS is in the dumps. If I have to see another "Oops something went wrong message again I think I'll break my mouse. This is another way MS is showing us that a move isn't just wanted but a necessity. As I love new content and a constant attempt at upgrading a great game the greatest upgrade one could do is give us a stable platform in which to decimate our opponents. Combining platforms would not only give KANO an easier way to upgrade and save time but it would give it's long committed players a little something to do. So in summation the update isn't all bad just a few things need to be tweaked (get rid of the like and comment part for each post and make it smaller so sifting through the feed isn't hindered). The next update I think that should be released would be combining platforms and, painful as it is to say, drop MS and their failing site.

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks for the specifics. I will have the developer responsible for this feature address your concerns here.

13. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

This Alter, is why I am quitting playing this game in the next month or so. I'm sitting here treading fucking water all day long, not doing shit but the same outbreaks and bosses 100 times.

Yet lower levels have all the room to acquire points, level up, do NEW things.....

To this day, there is NO balance between having enough for HIGH LEVELS to do to keep us busy.......while still making it fair for new players.

I'm sitting in limbo most of the time, hitting my level 90 England boss or whatever it is now...I'm so bored I'm doing my USA and CANADA bosses now........

Lets see, you're welcome Kano for the $2000 you got out of me. You aint' getting shit else cause all these changes I see for the most part are completely unnecessary and bog down the game with more garbage to read or look at that actually has NOTHING TO DO WITH GAME PLAY.

14. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

MySpace is in the middle of moving their servers to a new data center which is why there has been site issues for the past week or so, they are migrating a lot of data. I will make a separate post on that.

15. AlterEgoT

btw-if you want to make the game more social why not just do away with or reduce timeouts. If it gets excessive give us an ignore button. The comments section really does not make it more social.

eh, that would have been my input.

16. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Loyalty Items are also being scheduled to release by end of this week.

17. AlterEgoT

We pretty much have to look at each and every post now where as before we could easily identify what type of help was being requested based on the size and layout and color coding ya'll had. We could skim through and tell very quickly who was doing what or saying what. It is now harder to spot the friends messages to reply or to follow a conversation between two people.

Honestly it is just has an extremely cluttered feel to it even with more spacing allowed. The repeated like/comment is extremely distracting. If it's going to stay I'd like to see an option to hide that part so we can see a much more streamlined feed.

18. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

Okay dude, can't you guys just say this stuff without me having to be an ASSHOLE about it all? lol

Every time I come on here and rant and act a fool you guys give real answers about when things will be released.

When I just ask nicely nobody answers but when I make a stink about it I get a reply.........can't you guys just make a thread when you know it's going to be released? Or is there some obligation from Kano that you don't tell us what is going on with the game that some of us (myself) pay for?

I have a lot more fun being a nice, happy go lucky person. Rather than having to be "the asshole."

19. AlterEgoT

ok so we can buy new stuff, but what will that give us to do?

20. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

We can talk about it in the Social feed now and LIKE everyone's comment that talks about it.........

(dolphin)