Wondering how to deal with harassment from other players

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by grim, Dec 4, 2010.

1. grim

grim Member

Was just wondering what I can do about a player who constantly harasses me as well as other players who are in my clan. They have been nicely asked repeatedly to stop, had others attack them but constantly continue to attack, and bounty to the point where this game is useless for a bunch of us to play. I understand it is a game and not to take it serious but that's exactly what this person is doing. Just a question....any help would be greatly appreciated

2. you cant stop it.only way you might stop it is if you really beef up defense and increase your captain count.only way you might get them to stop.
    or just increase your stamina every level and bombard them in an endless amount of counters provided your coin can keep up

3. grim

grim Member

Thanks

Hey AS I appreciate it. I figured as much but thought I would ask just in case. The player in question has moved on from me but still is pulling the same crap on one of my friends. Guess she might just have to deal with it for a bit and try and to beef up her crew. Once again thanks for your input.

4. Susan K

Susan K Member

get stronger

Most players on your battle list (below level 800) will clan up with you if you ask -- that's the easiest strategy.

But I had a problem in the fall with 1 person. Wouldn't clan up. Countering/bountying was a disaster.

Any response to the attacks just made it worse. I bought a name change in the game, but only bought me about 10 hours. She/he* jumped in every hour to figure out when my money rolled in to strip it. I had ~300 captains and not enough $ for mermen for all. He had >700 captains. The battering went on for about a month.

I stopped responding, and did NOTHING except troll for new captains, spend favor points on hired captains, spend all $ on mermaids. Once i got over 700 captains, I spent all $ on merman. He tried to attack me twice at that point and lost, and disappeared.

He's recently starting showing up on my battle list and has done the odd winning attack on me but I never touch him.

*she/he: this player has a female avatar, but is actually young male.

5. praetorian1962

praetorian1962 New Member

Be sure to be "in the hospital" before closing out the game. If you are in the hospital they can not attack you. This buys you some time between sessions.

6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

But they can bounty you even if you are in the hospital.

Others are having problems with the same person? You could cooperate to set up a string of bounties.
    I bounty trap people every once in awhile, when their attacks get old. I think I've been on the receiving end of the same strategy. 20-ish counter attacks and random bounties.

7. If you can't beat any one in battle and they are mess with you(This is pirates rite?)
    You Don't have to worry about clan size. Just you're own attack, and attack in cage.
    Thats who I deal with alot of people with really high clan AS 1215-2000 lolz
    I never have to worry about losing as of i beat every one on Myspace in cage but 1 1/2 people lolz

8. 1 1/2 lol.

9. i still say beef defense up.cause just beefing attack sure you'll win but they can still win if you neglect defense.

10. Nothing matters if you have a broken mouse and they keep attacking and you can't even get a attack in, And then they think they are better than you! ugh

11. increasing defense i still say is better.usually if losing when attacking you most times you get left alone.