what is a bully in a fighting game?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Protector, Apr 22, 2013.

1. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Simple answer :)

No such thing.

It's a battle game.

Your own fault if you don't read the help section located at the top right of the game.

2. ben

ben Active Member

i agree 100% with that one tp...

people just needs to wake up and realize that and quit crying about it...

3. Patrice Dugas

Patrice Dugas New Member

wrong and wrong, players who abuse excessive forms of work-arounds to avoid being banned even though actions are bannable..

chaosuk83 likes this.
  4. ben

ben Active Member

may i ask what are you talking about ???

5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

We don't mean cheaters.

We mean that bountying/attacking someone is not being a bully.

6. Patrice Dugas

Patrice Dugas New Member

excessive use is..

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

No it's not.

If that were the case then there would be a cut off point.

Wait...5000 attacks is the limit.

Or a lower level can place a protection on someone(happened to me twice)

but what ended up happening the 2 times a protection was placed on me?

Few other armada members decided to bounty that player for me :)

If it were against the TOU then kano wouldnt allow it.

So wrong try again.

8. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

using your logic i suppose using more icing than others in a cake baking contest made up of mostly participants who prefer to go light on the frosting should be punished by death shortly after they're disqualified for playing within the rules? Get over it....because u prefer to play a game that was created around and rewards attacking, killin, slapping and listing with a velvet gloves is your choice.....some of us like to use all the the tools in our toolbox in an effort to level up and whoop ass like were suppose to

purple haze likes this.
  9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

look at the bullies talking about how theres no such thing as bullying xDD

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Looking forward to what constitutes excessive actions that are not being banned :)

11. Banjo Swanson

Banjo Swanson New Member

you can try and be a bully all you want even the worst player can beat the best if some one is on you day and night ambush them they can be lv 5000 and still lose. the only way i think someone would be a bully is chain listing a low level because there so cheep.

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Low level in a rival armada or a known alt?

Wrong.

And if the low level attacked the high level first?

And even then,once you hit level 300,your open game for all to list.

So either way its not bullying.

13. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

A wise guy (can't post his name) had a thread that I thought really nailed what defines bullying in a game. Since that thread seems to have been deleted, I can't direct you there, BUT I can post what he did define as bullying.

Here is what is NOT considering bullying(if no one reads the FAQ then it's their own fault)

Being repeatedly bountied by any level.

High level attacking you after you attacked them first(whether it was via bounty or reg attacked them,pistol whipped etc etc)

Being heavily attacked by someone in range.

Being pistol whipped,axe slapped,punched by high levels.

Those examples are NOT bullying and are STANDARD game play.

Now here's what IS considered bullying.

Threatening to declan someone for the armada/syndicate/guild/faction they're in.

Threatening to declan someone for having a certain player in clan.

Threatening to make it so no one will clan a player for any reason.

Spreading lies about a player.

Those examples ARE bullying.

Anyone that can't take attacks/bounties/whips in a fighting game might wanna rethink about it.

It is too bad the original thread has been deleted so as not to keep beating a dead horse, but I do have it in a screen shot should anyone like it. Hope this helps :)

Micaylah and King of Comebacks like this.
  14. ben

ben Active Member

no such thing in a battle game...

far as who you want or not in your clan is a players free choice...

far as lies a lot of players talk smack about others they dont like...

so bottom line is no such thing of bullying in a battle game...

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    King of Comebacks likes this.
  15. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Nope.

That thread of mine ya copy pasted and got the screen shot of was a sarcasm thread :)

In a fighting game there is no such thing as a bully.

16. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

I'm impressed how well your dictation has become, Ben...makes you easier to read. Congrats on the vast improvement. :)

I agree, with "far as who you want or not in your clan is a players free choice..."

What defines a bully is when one flexes his/her status because one isn't complying with his/her demands to not join an Armada or Clan with who they deem as an enemy. I do believe I have a screen shot of a certain individual doing just that if you'd like? :)

And smack talk is one thing...deliberately spreading lies or trying to harm an individual with their personal information is bullying.

Soooo bottom line is there are certain individuals who do bully in what should simply be an attack game.

17. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Ahhhhh so now it is sarcasm? KK wise guy...so says you :)

18. Solomen Kane

Solomen Kane New Member

I put my highest boots on to climb into this discussion...First you would need to know the definition of bullying, I am sure all of you have a copy of Websters hanging around (your all very adept with the computer, you could find it there to.) Second, if that does not provide the answer, ask yourself, try an integrity check. Are you the definition of bullying or are you playing a clean fair game? I have recently run into some high handed characters in PC, who feel they are beyond reproach-who can judge without facts and those self same individuals may resort to bullying tactics to carry out their "justice" or bend the wills of others into agreeing with them... that's bullying in any book, not battling. Its all good with me, a fight is a fight, bullied or fair, just know that there is a difference, since some of you are soooo into education. There are many like me who will not be schooled, the numbers grow everyday, I think because of bullying-not sure.

19. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

While some of things you mention are of course not nice, they are out of the game, and if so blocking people on facebook can resolve alot of it, but I believe we are actually talking about it being IN the game, while playing the game. and in that respect there is no such thing as bullying, there is being a major pain in the butt and it can be frustrating, but not bullying. IMO

Micaylah likes this.
  20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Ah the voice of reason :)

Thank you.