weak gear

Discussion in 'New Player Area' started by Boo_Bear, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Boo_Bear

Boo_Bear New Member

hi there, me again :)
    im just curious, when i read my fight details, my gear is always weaker. this is my excess gear my top squad uses. i bought the highest gear i can get, so why is it always like this?
    any tips on the best way to make your gear stronger? i upgrade them all to level four, and buy the highest attack i can for my lvl, so im stuck :/

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

You can also find an answer to this question on the FAQ.

Your strength in attack can be very different from your strength in defense; not only in your gear but also in your vehicles and weapons. Keep in mind when buying your inventory items, when you are attacking you are using the attack value. Likewise, when you are defending you are using the defense value. Those can be 2 very different numbers. If you look at the attack values of your items against the defense value of your opponent’s items, you will see that they are stronger. Gear items tend to be higher in defense then they are in attack.

3. SteveW

SteveW Member

If people have bought items with UN they will almost always be stronger than any level 4 item you have purchased.

4. Hated

Hated Member

sorry guys i think there is a differnt anser to this..

ill use my best gear item as a example..

Sushi Chef Coat (Level 4) 26 Attack -- 47 Defense

if you look the defense is better than attack, this is the case with every gear item unless its a UN paid item.

if you 26x20= 520 gear attack.
    if you 47x20= 940 gear defence.

in any case your enermys defence will be higher due to the gap in gear defence & attack points..

5. SteveW

SteveW Member

Yes, but since you can only 'read your fight details' when attacking one has to assume that the complaint of the OP was that she was weaker in attack hence my comment.

BN is quite correct when referring to being attacked, not when doing the attacking as I assume the original poster was referring to.

6. Hated

Hated Member

yes every body was correct, but that was a differnt anser on why the gear is normaly weaker in fights, well showing the possible att/def ratio, just to point out the large gap in attack to defence in 'gear' ..

but yes i was more refuring to the person you are attacking, other than yor..
    was reply on why there gear def is stronger than yoru gear att.

7. malific

malific Member

As BN stated, most gear items except for UN have lower attack than defense, hence the reason why you´ll probably lose on the "Gear" field while fighting. You´ll notice most of the time you´ll win on both "Weapons" and "Vehicles" since those usually have slightly more attack than defense.
    You´ll notice that your items aren´t the most important thing to keep in mind while you´re fighting later on (your attack and Top Squad strength are the main modifiers), but it does help as a tie-break.