[VC] War Mode Rewards!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by YodaYoda, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I think some people will never want to play war mode or in fact anything but what they prefer itself. The style there is rewarded with achievements and we are to pull up the plank because they are happy? Screw that. There are missing things in the game and if one wanted to "complete" the game, the war mode achievements are missing. Guild war got their achievements. GPS got a achievements even! Guild war also got incentives to play it but war mode did not - something to do with you having to spend FP's to win FP's on GW? Versus just spending stamina (FP inherent) and time on war mode? Some in war mode have however spent massively on FP's for lottery tickets to back up their meagre otherwise "economic" characteristics to enhance their war mode - optional- but absent war mode, is there much of an incentive to do so?

Achievements and incentives are so overdue for war mode play, it's made Kano/Apps look like doofuses to some. That is what many tell me ....

DeanTheGreat and Darth Vader like this.
  2. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Once again, a topic is introduced a discussion begins then someone makes it personal. I almost did not want to comment due to the fact that I will once again be subjected to personal insults and innuendo but I will.
    I have been a long time War Mode player, at times very seriously, it is simply another portion of the game played actively by a very small minority of the game. It is my experience that most players that do not play War Mode do so for a variety of reasons. Mostly to do with the time they have to invest and pressure from Guild Leadership "to get those points". War Guilds throw players out if they do not achieve the goals set. There is also a reluctance to get killed. I do not believe the addition of rewards would impact the play in War Mode. I cite the example of the now ruined Arena. Has good rewards but interest has waned since the implementation of the "New" Arena.

Now lets take a look at the actual War Mode Guilds as they exist now. Maybe 4 or 5 play it seriously. My Guild plays but not Seriously. We do it because its fun to be there and distracts from boredom. Of these 4 or 5 Maybe 1 or 2 has 25 players. My best guess is there is about 100 players that actually play. Then you look at the other War Mode Guilds. Most are inactive or at the very most have one or two players. Its almost like these Guilds exist simply as a "Mine" for WPs for a couple of Guilds. I believe we would be better served if Kano took a look at these so called War Mode Guilds and determine if these are indeed a "Mine". I hesitate to use words that would describe what the players in these Guilds appear to be.

I totally agree with Jade that this appears to be an attempt to pursue a personal agenda, which, of course, you are allowed to do. But, I do not think it is a good addition to the game. I believe that Kanos resources should be allocated to ideas that help all players not just a small vocal minority. I also ask the Forum Moderator that some steps be taken to stop the verbal assault of particular posters.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK, I think I got all of the off-topic arguments and baiting posts. I tried to evenly apply the deletions, let me know if there was a salient point in any of those posts that I missed and I can go back and edit.

JADES likes this.
  4. Black Rose

Black Rose New Member

I'm not trying to be mean by saying this.. but I Craig, I would have expected a response like this from you. You all have the potential of doing better placing in war mode. But why not reward those that have the time to get wps in? We are in war mode, not drama mode. It would be really awesome to have hard work.. recognized. Do you not like being recognized to your leveling? Arena results? etc? War mode is fun. I say.. give us the acheives.. work it and own what you can do with it* Just cause atm you dont place well with it for your own reasons is no reason for others to move forward and perhaps get what we deserve~

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the statistic's how this is because of War Mode. :confused:
    The increase in #'s is from the influx of LCN players for the most part because of Mob War's shutting down.
    That link is people who play on kanoplay, not war mode, and all of the 4 games.

6. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Well see I dont think War Mode is that great of an achievement. How many people on the Slap Lists? Why are there so many Guilds in War Mode without any activity? If you want to spend your time and effort in War Mode thats your business. Its my opinion. There is nothing right or wrong with an opinion. I did not attack anyone in my post but yet, once again, my name is mentioned. I, once again state that Kano can better allocate resources elsewhere. Jade is correct about the recent uptick in activity. Has nothing to do with War Mode. Its new players coming over from Mafia Wars. As I stated before this is your agenda which you are certainly entitled to pursue. As I am entitled to express an opinion. I do not think a small vocal minority should dictate policy. If it turns out I am the small Vocal Minority I will adjust. Like I have in the past.

Terror of The Scioto and Kirsten like this.
  7. Suzie

Suzie Member

As for WM ~ If people want to play it, that is their choice, To force people to play it is ludicrous! If people want to play it seriously, that is their choice, if people want to play it just for fun, again their choice, if people do not want to play it at all, their choice. To see people going after others over the seriousness or lack off seriousness playing wm is pathetic. To see people judge a guild by wm or a player who doesn't play wm is down right absurd. There is much more to VC than wm, you should try it sometime and do more than the silly 5 hits and 4 slaps. People can come back and say, stop hiding behind wm ~ it is a form of protection from old school VC playing.
    Just say'in.

Terror of The Scioto and Kirsten like this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I would prefer if folks stuck to English. Might make communication tougher for some, this is true, but helps keep everyone on the same page.

Suzie and Kirsten like this.
  9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

morse code on English for them please ?

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Typed English with English characters. No substitutions.

JADES, Suzie and Kirsten like this.
  11. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

Why they wanna bother to read my
    ? When its can be simple option block the user?

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This is a PUBLIC forum, if you don't want to see what we say you can click on ignore, but we will still see what you say, You need to stop asking kano for such a feature, this is a democracy and everyone is not always gonna agree, you need to understand that. No member can block someone from posting a comment, unless they break the TOS and Kano bans them and since no one has done that , ...........

Suzie likes this.
  13. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Could we get back to the original intent of this topic please? Not everyone is going to agree with trying to find ways to improve war mode rewards, but the forum is a place for all to discuss why they feel the way they do about the subject. Personally, I would like to know what some who do not play war mode would like to see happen in order for them to be more willing to play this aspect of the game.

14. Kirsten

Personally I am not interested in war mode, I am also not interested in guild wars, I like the game the everyday game, that is what I enjoy. I do not play for achievements , in fact I am always pleasantly surprised when I get one lol, so for me there would be no change that would entice me to play war mode. I don't like limits and I know there are in war mode, that in itself is a turn off, lol But for those who want more out of it, maybe kano will do something but I don't know if that will make others want to play it , somehow I doubt it would, even in one of the other games, it is not that big an event,

15. Snowtiger

Fair enough. But I must ask, would you have any opposition with Kano offering better rewards to war players? I too am not fond of guild wars, and yet the rewards are there for all to try for. War mode should allow for decent rewards as well.

16. Kirsten

No but I do think kano could also do other things to benefit the game as a whole, but I also think they will not do much in that area either, sadly as has been asked by others in all the games, the best improvement they have made and it was the only major change in a long time, was the daily reward .

17. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

the winner is VKF lmao

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Off topic posts were removed again. I am giving this thread another chance to remain on topic. If some posters can't resist the temptation to have off-topic arguments some time-outs may be in order so other people can continue talking about the topic at hand. :)

19. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

if u have any of those hacking programs, i suggest u stop using them while you're ahead

20. Snowtiger

That is not helpful Rodney as far as the good of this thread goes. If you have suggestions on how to improve war mode rewards, we would like to hear them.