The Official Faction Wars Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 16, 2013.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Your correct Jared it's locked in upon signup, unless leave/rejoin or hit the refresh stat's button on profile page.

2. Maureen

Maureen Member

When I first got on the faction war you had us at 133 A rank and 136 overall!! We place 17th in the last war; how did you come up with those numbers!! And will this affect our war?

G String likes this.
  3. Maureen

Maureen Member

I guess my faction will not be playing in the faction war next time!! We got 16th place, that usually give us a reward!! We used a lot of un's for nothing!! I think this new change, sucks!! You just lost a participant in the wars!!

G String likes this.
  4. neil thompson

neil thompson New Member

We are not participating in any more FW's 14TH and nothing what a waste of UN........utter rubbish

G String likes this.
  5. G String

G String New Member

Absolute shambles Kano. All that wasted UN for every faction member outside the top 6 finishers. We will never again join under the new rules. It's hard enough with some obviously using a bot or programme during the last 3 or 4 FW's. Kills being stolen at the death on a ridiculous scale when nobody else has attacked it. NO MORE!!

neil thompson likes this.
  6. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I can't WAIT to see the feedback next week...

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

it'd be real nice if our actual war point counter updated instantly.

Let me explain.
    On the fight window it says 349. On the division board it says 350. on our overall it says 350.
    on our war screen it says division A 2nd, on overall it says 3rd.

I know there is a component built in so we can't tell immediately who sniped a kill.....but geez it's all over the places.

So while I understand the leaderboards lagging on the updates our actual fight screen should be correct. I checked it several times in several minutes and each time it was all different.

Doesn't make one feel real confident that things are being added up correctly and everything is counting, when it's all over the board.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

That's a good point. I assure you that the final rating is accurate but what you are seeing is values that were cached at different times hence in conflict with one another.

I'll have to check with a dev but I think we can take some measures to correct this.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  9. AlterEgoT

Thanks. I know they don't want anyone knowing who sniped but your own points should be real time. it used to be I thought.

10. naughtygirl

naughtygirl New Member

how about removing the LONG Inactive players from the leader board. or making a link on that page to hide them

11. AlterEgoT

Because they worked hard to earn that slot and that's what the leaderboard is for. Many of them invested heavily to make it to the board to be remembered in some way.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. STONECOLD HITTER

STONECOLD HITTER New Member

13. STONECOLD HITTER

STONECOLD HITTER New Member

So could someone tell me how it is fare for all the low level factions to even play FW with all the larger factions using them to get ahead of other factions their size. Why not pair the A and B factions together to only fight one another and so on for the rest of the factions. You guys at Kano need to look into making the game fair for all

14. AlterEgoT

Do you mean A could fight A and B's and B's could fight A's, B's and C's? Or B's could only fight B's and A's? well heck doesn't matter, not fair to them either way. A would have almost nothing to point on in second scenario, and in the first scenario B's wouldn't have anything to really point on.

Then there's the fact that on kp there is so limited number of factions there would be no points left to be had if limited.

Kano has tried to balance it as much as possible by giving out separate rewards and making it unreasonable for A's and B's to go for the low guys as they can't point high enough off them to be competitive.

I would however be interested in how we could work on the token count. Because a full faction has a HUGE advantage over a smaller faction. In theory the idea was to show the "strongest, well balanced faction" over all. But the downfall of that is why bother at all if you can't compete and if you aren't full it's nearly impossible to be competitive. And while it used to be fairly easy to fill a faction, it's getting awfully hard to find 25 now.

Alas, it really comes down to, the game gets entirely too predictable. A person or faction learns the event and how to "beat" the system. Thus the same folks win again and again once the system is discovered. A few tweaks as they level and those that wish to, can easily stay up top. While newer folks still try the good faith way it's explained in helps.

Just keep in mind that "fair" and "equal" are too different things. It is indeed fair that time invested pays dividends but it is not equal.

All too often we confuse those two words. in FW the only reason you know who is A/B/C/D/E is because Kano tried to account for that investment time and give newer players a more equal footing by making wp different. So it's already been given a consideration for being smaller. They supplemented it with your own reward system.

Just my 2 cents though.

15. braatt10

braatt10 Member

16. braatt10

braatt10 Member

They have made it more fair with the rewards give out to different divisions, not just overall score, the better you do in your division the better your rewards. As for the attacking other factions. In an A as I am A attacks A 25 wp for win, 12 wp for loss 3500+ wp kill reward depends if they are stronger if so get a few more wp's. A attack B 20 wp for win, 10 wp for loss, 3000 wp reward. A and C 15 wp for a win, 7 wp for a loss, 2500 wp , Subsequent kills will be 200 wp's few until the fifth kill after that remains the same. D's and E's 10 wp's for a win, 5 wp's for a loss. 1000 wp's reward no matter how many times killed. When I was a B I know rewards were different, but I think I got the main idea across. Since I've been playing heals have always been 20 wp's.

17. AlterEgoT

??????????????????????????????????

18. braatt10

braatt10 Member

Any ?'s I can clarify what you are confused with.

19. AlterEgoT

You quoted me but didn't add anything. So my questions was....what did you want?

20. Andromeda

Andromeda New Member

This "Update" sucks!!!! I'm not going to participate in the next faction wars, if it stays like that.