The Official Faction Wars Discussion Thread August 2013

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Indicolt

Indicolt New Member

There are so many issues with Faction Wars. But the most prominent one is the sniping feature. Kano you constantly reward people for sniping. If NOBODY did all the attacking, then NOBODY will kill anyone. So the here the few people that do ALL the work gets none of the reward. Now in arena it is that. And people got used to it. In Faction Wars its much much worse. There are very limited targets. So you have a couple hundred people waiting on one faction to die. So they tap it and watch. So you have a few from one faction attacking it down. Then it gets to 300 million health and BOOM dead in seconds. Because you have that 150 to 200 people going for the snipe because there is nothing else to watch. So its simple to find.

Then you have the refills. Lets be realistic here. Its 3 UN for a pathetic 50 tokens. That's a total waste. But if you want to compete, you have to buy the tokens. Its worse than arena because at least in there you have stamina. Here you have to use it because its limited. So there is a waste of 12 UN a day for a very crappy reward for placement in the Faction Wars lol

Then its easy to reward people with Alts. I know Kano, you don't like Alts and you ban them. Understandable, BUT when a slower server like Kanoplay which doesn't have many people there at all, all the sudden a faction has nobody online. Then BOOM, all at once, they start logging in one at a time. Personally I don't consider it alts, but there could be some password sharing which is against the Kano Policy. Its just too easy to password share and then log in one at a time, combined with alts and you blow all tokens then get to the next, blow all tokens, get to the next, blow all tokens and so on and so forth. Doing that can easily let you increase attacks and placement

Next how about we do a Faction War that is ACTUALLY a faction war. Lets get these people out of hiding in the hospital all the time. Integrate it into the game instead and make it useful. Then that will fix a lot of this "fight list" issue everyone complains about. Instead you create a dragged out minigame that does nothing but waste UN and MAKE people buy more UN. Because now they are pressured to help their faction when there is a kill opportunity. So they waste UN or BUY UN. But im sure THAT was your ultimate point to this disaster you call Faction Wars

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on the cost of dying in FW. On the one hand perhaps it'd be more of a war instead of kill the small in numbers faction race it currently is on KP. On the other. If it cost us anything every time we died there would be really no point in us joining the war at all.

Either way though I support some sort of cost to dying.

I still would much rather see this tied to the game instead of a minigame. Don't suppose if I ask nicely enough y'all could explore that idea? I'd dearly love to see it tied to every day game actions. Like the arena it completely takes over the game right now when it's on. So 3 days of boredom for anyone not in the war or in the war but too small of a faction to be effective. Unless I want to pad my stats by waiting for The UN to list.

Appreciate you guys keeping the channels open.

3. I take back what I said above, I like those changes.

Higher Importance:

Increase starting tokens to full. This is like starting with 2/3 health in BA.

When you level up, you get full stam refill. For BA purposes that's a fresh set of attack. Why not a full token refill in FW? I think one thing everyone agrees on is this is snail pace.

3 UN for 50 tokens is good but UN is not easy for all, especially non U.S. players that don't have many offers. Maybe lower cost to 2 UN pts. Or 3 UN for 75 tokens.

When we attack and lose, we get half the WP. The other half goes to limbo. It should be rewarded to the faction that was attacked and won.

Do not ever have unlimited refills

Medium:

Do not have BA and FW at same time. Instead, alternate so there is less time when neither of them are available.

Low:

Synch up refills to match day start: GP resets (that can prevent the above confusion)

Contrary to popular belief, sniping is not root of all evil.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. AlterEgoT

I agree about the offers part, KP and Kong don't get the videos that FB does. We've all met someone that has gotten mega UN from those.

HIGHLY agree with the never have unlimited refills.

Also agree with the BA and FW. I think we are all worn out between 3 day calendar, BA and FW all at the same time :)

5. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

I don't see the problem with having more features at same time, we have guild wars always open at VC, and BA on hasn't ever been a problem at all... unless ur using alts, or sharing passwds... I'm not accusing u that's just my opinion.

Just an idea, what if FW lasted a week, from monday to sunday like Guild War at VC... present params would become acceptable then.

6. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

I guess i just dont really see what you're going for here? Tied into the game how? details of your idea might go farther than "asking nicely" just sayin .

So basically what you're saying here is KANO only lets certain players "snipe"? i mean you can't do it? And that players using brute force and ignorance when attacking should be rewarded, while players that use patience and skill to get the kill should some how get what exactly? nothing?

7. AlterEgoT

Already gave details in several places.

But since you are interested. I'd like to see it on the connections tab in the faction feed page. Have actual wars between the enemies rather than an arena free for all style. Tie it into the game as in having your every day actions count for "points" (ie: attack wins/ attack kills/ HL / HL kills / Outbreaks / Boss helps / Bosses. Would be a way for all accounts in the faction to contribute. Basically use the GP system to create a war. Would breathe some life into the game. Perhaps instead of just between two factions as a war it could be leaderboard typed such as gp is or you could start one war at a time.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  8. soundguy

soundguy New Member

Why am I losing WP on every attack?

9. The Zombie Flanders

The Zombie Flanders New Member

KANO developers, this is the thread from the game to check. There are no updates on it for changes. We have all seen decreased points based upon health can you please update your thread you set up for these games for the changes or create a new thread and link it to Faction Wars?

10. Eric

Eric Administrator

For the latest round of Faction Wars you should see the latest updates listed in the help documentation ( also linked below the Profile/Members links )

The following updates have been included:
    Health Penalty: Keeping your health up will maximize WP rewards from attacks.
    Heals: Allowable heal actions has increased.
    Death Penalty: Deaths now come with a price, you will lose your last kill WP bonus.

The goal around the latest updates are to give purpose to healing. If your Faction is not operating at an optimal health range you will start to lose WP on attacks. The lower the health the more WP loss (up to a max 30%). We've also increased the number of heals you can do over s period of time, and finally deaths will result in losing your last WP kill bonus.

While we continue to make changes and review data we encourage everyone to discuss and give feedback on each beta release!

11. AlterEgoT

Still makes no sense for a smaller faction to join, if anything we've become more of a target kill in order to not lose so much when others die. They kill us right before they go out so their "last kill" is less wp of a loss for them.

I do like starting with 300 tokens. Feels like you can actually accomplish something. Refills seem to work well. Healing works well.

Just useless for anyone other than a strong faction. And still not much fun for me personally even in a good faction. Just not very exciting.

Thanks for the updates though.

12. slave

slave Member

why do we have divisions if you are not going to use them
    why cant there be an A division that can only fight A squads
    B fighting B squads
    etc etc

why tie tokens to stamina? all it does is reward players who didnt put any skill pts into stamina, bravo and penalize the people who did
    either do away with tokens or dont count it against the stamina

this is still not a war, when you cant attack when you want its not a war, its especially not a war because you dont have an enemy
    you want to make it a war, make it a one on one, then it might be a war
    and stop limiting what we can do, your so gd worried about unbalancing the game?? this is a minigame!!!!!!!!!! you cant unbalance the game on a minigame with limited rewards/payouts. you want to stop unbalancing the game, stop the monthly calendars, oh wait, you cant do that, cuz that gets people to level up and thats what you really want.....

faction fairness is not much of a game at all when you can spend your tokens in 2 minutes and then have to wait hours to get them back
    its still a huge yawn...

13. Health Penalty: Keeping your health up will maximize WP rewards from attacks. - A+ change. Otherwise why bother with the heal function at all. That was a big problem of the prior FWs.
    Heals: Allowable heal actions has increased. - Not sure what this means.
    Death Penalty: Deaths now come with a price, you will lose your last kill WP bonus. - Haven't experienced it first hand, but it sounds like an A+ change.

Great improvements overall.

14. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Rewards should be much greater....as it is now, 4 refills a day 3 un a pop....that's 48un for the whole event and then if you're lucky enough to be in the winning faction...you get 10un as your reward.

15. AlterEgoT

Question. Why are heals limited? I mean why bother? It's pretty well limited by tokens anyway.

Just curious. Doesn't really matter, just wondering. Seems redundant.

16. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Noticed something on kp (server 2) we got a kill, then died....didn't get another kill before dying again and the previous kill wps were taken off again.

17. slave

slave Member

you guys are more worried about people playing alt accts than you are at making the game better...

do you realize how few people actually play this game? without alts (and kano is banning them as fast as you can make more new ones) there would be no one to fight....

stop worrying about the little shxt and put some ideas on the table, not that kano would listen to them anyway...

18. AlterEgoT

Speaking from a small faction that is built pretty much to help new folks in the game I would like to request the heal limit be taken off. Attacks are only limited by tokens. I'd like to be able to heal with all of ours since all we do is die in there anyway. At least we could feel like hey we are doing something even if it's only preventing this or that faction from getting our reward. Some way to play anyway.

19. Randy Dellee Nelson

Randy Dellee Nelson New Member

I cannot believe this token system. It totally sucks and ties or hands. refill is far too slow. Its not a war its a Drive By. I minute and your out of tokens. I was hoping for maybe 200 token allotment a day not a one time thing to start.

20. slave

slave Member

its not a war randy, its little league, everyone gets to play the same amount and get a trophy when its over, they dont want to have a real war, someone might get butt hurt...