The Necessity for More Bounty Traps

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Hey Guys and Gals - I don't know about you all, but with all the cheaters out there playing multiple accounts, seems to me there's a need to raise the number of bounty traps from 50 to maybe 75 or even 100? Does anyone else here agree with me?

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Hmmm interesting idea.... Im all about eliminating cheaters....can u give us some of your reasons as to why u think this might help curb the use of multiple accounts? My immediate thoughts would be that doing something like this would actually benefit the use of alts, I would be more than happy to share them with u if u wish.

3. once again good idea ..will make game more interesting against alt wars :)
    also will be goog to add counter attacks that work on bounty .. requested before ..

and please my dear rivals no melt down this time hehehehe

[​IMG]

4. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Well Gregory, it is perfectly clear that this will NOT stop the use of alt accounts, but it would allow for a person to defend themselves against an obsessed person/persons who have more than 50 accounts. I trust that answers your question Gregory.

5. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

you waited too long to bring out the demonik acct, teenage mutant ninja turtles is more fun for the moment, but thanks for the consideration

6. polishpimp

No...actually you didnt answer my question at all. How would it help curb alt use? Especially if it was someone obsessed, wouldnt an obsessed person simply list that person again after triggering the trap?

Do u think that there are really players with that many accounts? If there really is and they are actively playing them all (hence the need for all the extra traps)...would it not basically render such a player useless as it would be so time consuming that they wouldnt really have all much time to "obsess" on a particular player or advance their main account?

Which segment of the player population would an update such as this be directed at? I dont think that it would help lower leveled players much...as most of them dont have the income to support the 50 traps they already have available to them. Isnt a large number of alts actually low leveled accounts AKA "cash cows" that are there for the specific purposes of funneling monies and wreaking havoc on rivals of ones main account? If thats the case....wouldnt the additional traps actually benefit these alts? Isnt the key to a good cas cow keeping their level low? wouldnt the loss of XP insure they stay at a low level? Even if thats not the case.....Would an alt even care if they were killed in a trap? Are they not there to take the heat off and protect the stats of the cheating players main account? I just dont see the point in raising the limit if its actually going to help the alts.

I could definitely see this as being a huge advantage to the highest of levels with the largest of incomes/bank accounts. Someone such as myself could just go around setting traps to my hearts content and effectively be buying myself an early warning defense system that would allow me to repeatedly kill the lister by setting traps in succession because i had a warning that someone was trying to list me. Say...arent you the #1 player in Myspace in terms of levels with a fairly high income that still loses to those of a much lower level? Im sure this would benefit u greatly eh?

In the end...Its my opinion that they idea sounded ok on the surface but once delved into it really would have the opposite of your desired effect. I think its only real advantage would be for the richest of players that in most cases are the highest of levels or "cash cows" (alts)

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  7. polishpimp

Oh goody...our child is all grown up and forming words....WTG!

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

hehehehehehe, dont you mean "our" not "are", cha cha?

9. polishpimp

lol....indeed...ya got me there ;)

10. big papa Grendall

big papa Grendall New Member

what happen to my page meltdown man got it deleted again i think he should read his own picture the take a trip to see a quack lol this a good idea it will help and i agree that counter attacks should work when your on hit list as well this will help stop the use of bank alts :p

11. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I do agree that Bank Alts are a serious issue and anything that helps stopping them is a good thing.

I personally mostly trap people where I'm too lazy to safe the link elsewhere or people who used to list me in the past.

Increasing the number of bounty traps would allow me to save more people's links this way. Most players don't want to pay for me anyway.

I don't think that a Bank Alt will be deterred by eating a bounty trap, though. By their very definition they exist solely to pump money into a bigger account, no matter their own stats. And a Bank Alt with well developed buildings can make a lot of money by Level 1000.

709.364.888.000 - That's the amount of coins I get from my buildings up to Muspell. Helheim and beyond are not part of these numbers. So, basically, a bank alt sitting at level 1000 can list pretty much anyone and then go offline for a while and let money pile up again so the game can start again.

Increasing the number of traps is nice to save more links that way, but actively playing more than 50 accounts? That's almost impossible. Bank Alts on the other hand don't need much time each day, as their only feature is to generate more and more money and then to transfer the money to the main.

I don't think increasing the number of bounty traps will stop bank alts, it will merely make it easier to keep track of some people.

12. Polish, you are always so gracious.....but you know me, lol, I don't suffer fools lightly. So, in view of someone else taking it upon herself to correct your spelling, I will attempt to sort out the one I'm quoting and perhaps in doing so, his message will become clearer.

Oh, and grand master duck, just because someone's name might be Greg does not necessarily mean their full name is Gregory. And, we all know you know "Greg's" real name, so what is your lame point in making yourself sound as juvenile as humanly possible? LOL You are a joke.

Here is what I think the one I quoted is trying to say: "What happened to my page? Melt down man got it deleted again. I think he should read his own picture then take a trip to see a quack, lol. (No telling what that means) This is a good idea, it will help. And I agree that counter attacks should work when you're on the hit list as well. This will help stop the use of bank alts. (Whatever that means)

I'm sure it will come as no surprise, but I agree with Polish. Having more than 50 bounty traps, while helpful to me, would do very little to accomplish any thing positive for the majority of players. I happen to believe the leader of the guild the grand master in this tread calls home has upwards of 50 alts. And it would be lovely to trap them all for when they bounty out of the blue, so having more traps would be something I would use. But why change the status quo for just a very few players?

As for counter attacks working while one is on bounty, could that be more directed at Polish and me??? We are the only two players able to stay up on bounty and attack the people attacking us. How self-serving is that for the person making that suggestion? So, because we can't be taken down by our haters, we should now have to suffer additional damage by hitting their counters if we fight back? LMAO!!!

You guys, so weak, make me laugh at all your vain attempts to try and get Kano to adjust the game to suit only you. I can't stop laughing, it's just too funny.

13. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

i find it amazing that certain players always seem to think that any purposed change in the game is directed at them . maybe they are PARAnoid or maybe it's a guilty conscience .

as i stated in earlier threads i would like to see the limit of bounty traps increased . this would enable me to have a trap on my enemy that uses multiple accounts . as it is now , if i'm killing them using multiple traps they can switch to an alternate that i don't have a trap set for .

as for counters working during bounties , i've been advocating their use for years . this would stop an enemy from having a friend bounty someone so they can collect the bounty . especially nice if i've been killing them with counters to begin with .

14. polishpimp

I particularly love when players exaggerate things completely out of proportion just to make their own ill fated point. Kinda like when they say things like "certain players always seem to think that any purposed change in the game is directed at them", Really Gene? "any" as in all? Do u actually think people are so stupid they either (A) believe crap like that or (b) cant just go check for themselves and find out that your completely talking out your ass.

So Gene...are u actually against all alts or just the ones that are bothering you? Because its been pointed out that increasing the bounty trap limit will actually help alts, I dont see u arguing this point so I can only assume that u r (A) up here in the forums blindly following your guild mates lead as u have no mind of your own..or (b) You only care about the alts that r bothering u.

Using your example of "if i'm killing them using multiple traps they can switch to an alternate that i don't have a trap set for" .....wouldnt it just be better to have unlimited bounty traps? That way u just go around and set traps on every single player. You cant possibly know what player might list you out of the blue while your killing someone repeatedly with traps can u? Better yet.....how do u know its someones alt? Obviously u can suspect its alt....but do u ever actually know? Might as well just unlimit the traps and trap everyone...that way you'll have all your bases covered. Talk about paranoia....lol

Now...if u would be so kind..please explain to me how this is going to help the little guy, Can the lower levels afford to use the 50 trap they have now?

When your busy repeatedly killing alts with traps , which i highly doubt because u are one of the slowest players out there, does it really matter if someone sneaks in a bounty on you from another account whether an alt or not? Cant u at that point just use your superior skills and trap them repeatedly?

Im confused as to what u mean when u say "counters working during bounties"....what is it u want? Because when Im riding the bounty page and attacking someone...I hit counters all the time. Are u advocating that the person riding the list be allowed to set counters? That s pretty ridiculous seeing how there are only 2 players that actually have the time to do that in Myspace VC...and thanks but no thanks...i dont need the ability to do that. Or r asking for counters u already had set on someone b4 u went up on bounty still work if that person hits u on bounty? I really dont care about that option as i dont need the help staying up on bounty.....but I can think of quite a few reasons why thats not a good idea for most others. Perhaps u should start an idea thread on the subject....ide be more than happy to point them out for you there.

In the end Gene....I know how u love to imply that Im an alt or that I use many alts........if thats really the case......do u really want to use alts as your reason for pushing an update like this through? As the richest, strongest and apparently the master multi tasker....who would stand to gain more from an update like this than me.

15. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

hey kano , why do you let this "person" (pimp)continue to get personal ? he has no business treating the forum as his personal attack base . every time anyone voices an opinion other than his we are subjected to his ranting and personal attacks . considering as he keeps telling people that he is no longer concerned with viking clan he seems to always have something negative to say about everybody .

now , as far as the added traps , you said it yourself , at the least it's an early warning system . at most it takes a hit on a lower level account that is being used to bounty .

and again about the counters being used in bounties , i don't want to be able to set counters while on bounty per say , as you are fully aware , but counters that have been previously set should count . and if your able to survive on bounty and can set counters , more power to you .

now , pimp , get help .

16. polishpimp

OK gene....now what did I say that was so personally offensive to you? When did I say I was no longer concerned with VC? I simply dont play as much....does that mean Im no longer entitled to my opinion?

As far as the extra traps at least being an early warning system....yep...would benefit me and any other beau coup (bookoo) rich player. Is that the intent....to screw the lil guy? What about the legitimate low level player getting harassed by the higher level so he saves up all his bucks to get revenge only to find out hes been trapped as well?

Gene....regardless of what think u know....No one wants to rid this game of alts more than I do, I simply see this idea as an abvantage for the alt user and or the highest/richest of players and Im not willing to give them more of an edge.

TY for clearing up the countering issue, I kinda figured that was what u were talking about.

"Get help"? ahhhhh u really do care! What happened to u wanting me to jump in front of a train? ;)

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  17. big papa Grendall

total redundant person wrote this :p

18. big papa Grendall

to repile to my freind this is why this would help stop bank alt is becuase a bank alt sole purpose is to tranfer gold to its owner and keep him from dieing and inflicting death on an enemy if counter attack counts when your attacked on hit list this might help retard the offender of that abuse he might lose more swaps the bank alt example the whole trio in kill guild would be slowed down from blatant alt use more bounty traps make it harder for cheaters to cheat every one should be for this but their are 2 people that dont want this you can find them in this thread no name but one is very redundant :p

:pQUOTE=Das liebe Beil;60339]I do agree that Bank Alts are a serious issue and anything that helps stopping them is a good thing.

I personally mostly trap people where I'm too lazy to safe the link elsewhere or people who used to list me in the past.

Increasing the number of bounty traps would allow me to save more people's links this way. Most players don't want to pay for me anyway.

I don't think that a Bank Alt will be deterred by eating a bounty trap, though. By their very definition they exist solely to pump money into a bigger account, no matter their own stats. And a Bank Alt with well developed buildings can make a lot of money by Level 1000.

709.364.888.000 - That's the amount of coins I get from my buildings up to Muspell. Helheim and beyond are not part of these numbers. So, basically, a bank alt sitting at level 1000 can list pretty much anyone and then go offline for a while and let money pile up again so the game can start again.

Increasing the number of traps is nice to save more links that way, but actively playing more than 50 accounts? That's almost impossible. Bank Alts on the other hand don't need much time each day, as their only feature is to generate more and more money and then to transfer the money to the main.

I don't think increasing the number of bounty traps will stop bank alts, it will merely make it easier to keep track of some people.[/QUOTE]

19. polishpimp

[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude BPG....but your writings are VERY difficult to understand, perhaps if u had someone proof read them b4 u post them it would be easier for you to get your point across.

Extra traps WOULD NOT help stop "bank alts".....alts do not care if they die a hundred times in a row....the whole purpose for their being is to transfer money or to simply kill someone....stats DO NOT matter to them. Why is that so hard to understand?

20. big papa Grendall

lol my point is to slow it down make it more difficult for bounty swaps and blatant abuse of alt accounts i know you dont want this i know why but i have no proff or cornel mustards with a box of twinkies in dinning room eg the board game clue hehe but if you are so worried i think im on right track so keep fighting it maybe kano will see this might be a good idea

Last edited: May 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.