[PC] The ability for players to EARN new Captains.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by cricket_jumper, Jul 6, 2015.

1. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Just an idea that doesnt necessarily encourage new blood, but it might help to get some of the new ones to stay more than 5 mins.

How about this as an alternative for new players..

Instead of setting your daily reward for energy or stamina, how about they were able to set it for Captains. Im not talking about the 1000 hired guns, if they want them - they still have to buy them, but the normal captains, that some of us were lucky enough to be able to complete using invite codes, but new players have zero chance of achieving. It might only be 1 or 2 a day, but it would give people a chance, that over time and with enough commitment, they could have the same basic 1000 Captains as everyone who got them via codes and add me threads.

As I have said before, Im sure the lack of any prospect of being able to get 1K captains turn alot of people straight off the game. This way they still have to grind it out to get the captains, and it would be a task that is completed in several months (6+ minimum I would say), but at least it is a task that people can see actually is achievable.

I actually think this might be one of my better ideas.... but Im braced for the obvious pitfalls Ive missed?! Have at me ya scurvy dogs!!!

PS - I originally made this post in a thread about new blood for Kong which suffers badly from lack of players, but there is no reason why it should be available to all platforms across all the games.

George Burd likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

On FB it is not a problem to get clan, never has been, being it is a social network, and Kano made the clan code thing, even though I will not clan a code, myself, also of course do not need clan, but I try to clan those that have a viable FB account who send me requests if they have a FB account that is unavailable they get ignored. But as you said, , if I read it right, there are people with full clan who have used the invite codes or the add me threads, so why don't you guys clan the new players and give them a helping hand.

3. cricket_jumper

The trouble is, the active players do, the underlying issue is there is at best estimates only about 300 active players on Kano and this takes into account players that come over from Armor games, that we platform share with. The problem is massive and needs a bit of blue sky thinking to try and get some of the players that do find us, to stay. It might be a sticking plaster for a broken leg, but its got to help a bit.

George Burd likes this.
  4. Kirsten

If there are only 300 players then how on earth do you think your idea would even help,( sorry not getting this,maybe I missed someting), if there are no people to fill the ranks. Are you talking about filling that first real 1,000 people with ghosts?? The old myspace has had the same problem especially when myspace closed down gaming on that platform, but any non social network is gonna have this problem, I would assume from what I have seen thru the years,which is why , I cannot understand why experienced gamers would make a choice to play on that of a type of network, but I wish you better luck.

5. cricket_jumper

Yeah - thats exactly what Im suggesting, basically ghosts. Theory being - it will help keep some of the real people that do come through. Come and open a Kongregate account and add some people - every little helps !Lol

George Burd likes this.
  6. cricket_jumper

No love at all for this then? I guess the people that make it as far as the forum, probably all have 2K captains, or heading that way, so dont see the need. Shame. :(

George Burd likes this.
  7. DeathMo the Drifter

DeathMo the Drifter Active Member

Send me a invite ill add you.

8. cricket_jumper

Thats kind - thanks, but Im one of the lucky ones with 2K. I add as many people as I can, but some people are doomed to never get to 2K.

George Burd likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Even on FB some people don't cause they don't try, or care about it, have the time or commitment for a variety of reasons, sometimes people open a game check it out and never come back, not everyone is a game addict :p

10. cricket_jumper

How dare they have lives! The very cheek of it!!!

Kirsten likes this.
  11. cricket_jumper

Little bump for this idea - I still think it was one of my better ones and some people might have missed it!

George Burd likes this.
  12. cricket_jumper

Still no love for this? Honestly. I couldnt see a down side of it. I really couldnt.

13. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Well, it's like you say in your original post: "an idea that doesnt necessarily encourage new blood". From Kano's point of view it's better to have new blood. That's the whole idea behind getting 1000 real players in your mob/clan/guild.
    That's what's interesting for Kano, people asking their friends and other players to join the game. Maybe Kano could encourage this a bit more by giving some kind of bonus (special item, FP, ...) for every new player you attrackt to the game?

14. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

I think the idea has some merit.... But i say instead of giving the chieftains out daily, maybe be able to trade in your 7 days of dailies for a chieftain or 2 or 3....somethin like that would be better I think