[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development News July 20 - 24

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 25, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans July 13 - July 19

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 8
    KP2: 3
    Kong/Armor: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Location Survey!

Missed this survey when we sent it out earlier? Fill it in and help us make future Locations better!

Location Survey

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Howdy players!

Keeping things short this week, as I have some catch-up to do after being out of town for a few days. Incidentally, Portland Oregon is exactly as wonderful/ridiculous as people say it is. :)

Quick reminder about that chat! We ask that people try to use each other's game names in the world chat instead of real names. This is more of a guideline than a hard rule, and we don't usually ban accounts for doing it, but sticking to game names helps everyone to be respectful of each other's privacy and also avoids confusion over who you are addressing.

Cheers!

Aardvark
    who will forever remember the apple fritter she got from Voodoo Doughnuts

Terrible Joke of the Week
    [​IMG]
    Here's your lame joke of the week!

I tried to make a reservation at the library.
    Unfortunately they were fully booked.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Well and good reminder of Aardvark's to use the character name to keep the character mode in play v. the personal that starts down a whole other plane of personal extended game play.

Am not liking calling a dog a cat though they are a pussy ... And actually come of think of it, I am not sure I have even been banned except those temp bans for forgetting that a word contains a shorter word within it that is banned. Of course, I did try a test once that was the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious of swears ... of course I did not try it twice :)

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Quick reminder about that chat! We ask that people try to use each other's game names in the world chat instead of real names. This is more of a guideline than a hard rule, and we don't usually ban accounts for doing it, but sticking to game names helps everyone to be respectful of each other's privacy and also avoids confusion over who you are addressing.

Cheers!

Aardvark

Quick question.
    I know this is not related to world chat, but shouldn't KANO follow their own guideline on this? :eek:

Capturelol.PNG

4. Ut oh! Does this mean that there has been a breakdown in the communication or that even the Devs or support people are humans and capable of slipping up too? There you have it and the pedestal just fell. The playing field is level. Everyone is capable of the same mistakes and equal opportunity for showing respect towards everyone is available. Let's all try to use it, shall we?

JADES likes this.
  5. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Well since alot of the reports are based on personal vendetta I really think it has no effect either way.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True that, but one would think if want want to follow a guideline, they should be in this equation as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just saying LOL

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The fact that some are because of personal vendettas, the whole thing is a joke, if all that is done is using a real name without being insulting,as I have said ,it is very easy to know what someone's real names in on FB .

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well it says right there that it's a guideline more than a rule, and if people have their real names in their game names and they're fine with it, then that's cool. What happened last week was a case of someone taking exception to their real name being used in World Chat when they would prefer to go by their game name. I've asked Support to revise their thinking around this so hopefully we will avoid situations like this in the future.

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So if it's more of a guideline than a rule, why does my warning message clearly state it's against ToU?

CaptureM1.PNG

Take this stupid warning off my page..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Kirsten and koo22 like this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I see this has been fixed to game name instead of FB name.

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes leaving those things on home page is very annoying and we are all adults anyway, so stop smacking our hands, already FFS

JADES likes this.
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It says right in there, using a player's name without their consent, so that is consistent with previous instances.

If you want that warning removed, you will have to write in to Support. :)

13. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Mitch I am sensing some frustration. Fact is the person that complained about this has changed the name on her FB profile. And yes I am being a smart aleck but what is her real freakin name? And while I am sympathize with the constant stream of reports maybe its time to shut some of the chronic whiners down. The man hours Kano must put into this must far outpace the income generated by the complainers.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  14. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch why is there only 2 items in limited time offers

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This has been fixed. :)