[VC] TGIF! Viking Clan Development February 16 - 20

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 20, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans February 2 - February 15

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 118

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Lunar New Year Weekday Calendar

To celebrate the Year of the Sheep (or Ram) we’re holding a themed Calendar next week! It starts Monday February 23 at 10:00 am PST and wraps up on February 27 at 10:00 pm PST.

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Hey Players!

Aardvark here, back from my time away with the tribe.

I noticed Mister mi7ch was fielding some questions in relations to last week's ban numbers, so here's a little additional detail for you folks.

While I'm not going to go into detail about our systems for identifying and removing problem accounts, I can verify that yes, we do review IP information. However this is by no means the only information we look at and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis after taking a variety of factors into account.

Because the privacy of account-related information is kind of a big deal, we don't discuss investigations with anyone other than the account's owner. However here are some common reasons why a reported player might not have been banned:

• We're still investigating this person
    • A penalty other than a permanent ban has been applied
    • They haven't actually broken any rules
    Please be aware that this is GENERAL information, NOT directed at any particular person or case! Seriously. We get, like, bajillions of reports, so please don't assume this is about you and start yelling at us. o_O

Cheers,

Aardvark
    Who is digging the colour pink right now.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do you call dangerous precipitation?
    A rain of terror.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/vikingclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/vikingclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/viking-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/viking-clan-game/15774

2. The Rage

The Rage Member

well mi7ch maybe you can have someone in support address my question and give us all a little more insight. One would come to the conclusion that if you added up all the frozen accounts over the weeks that eventually there would be no one playing. But what I suspect and several others do also, is there are a few players that are making these fake accounts and with every one frozen... there are several more created. The question that many of us have is why is the primary account not banned also ?? Please have aomeone in Support address this, as we are all curious and awaiting a response.
    The Rage

Hey Aardvark... like I said, last week was what 68 ?? Now over 100. looks like you guys are winning. lol. Can you just tell everyone that you will not ban the huge $$$$$ that create these accounts?? You guys are starting to remind me of the oil companies.. Just saying

The Rage

Deblovscats1 and Kirsten like this.
  3. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

yep ban main accounts then this will stop, or is money more important, and if get reply money not important then ban main account

4. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

WOW...118 FB....the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes. :eek:
    and i quote " The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account."...So if its a SHARED accuont ALL parties involved should be punished...if its an ALT account .... again ...ALL parties involved should be punished.....might want to hear what The Rage and Buly Thor are saying..!

5. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

aside from weekly gamer points can anyone think of what a alt account does that is so terrible? they produce more bosses which are more chances at drops and free fp, they are generally bountied more which makes more cannon fodder for the boards, they are desperately needed new recruits for people who do not have full clan, I am really just not seeing the bad side of this. if someone has that much time on their hands I say who cares

6. The Rage

The Rage Member

George, yes I can think of a couple bad things that Alts can be used for. #1 they can be used in your IC and they can list for you.. that is the easy one. #2 let's say you make 20 guilds full of alts that are low level and only hit your guild during GW's. seem like a lot of points that you as a guild can get that no one else can touch. Now do you get it ??? These ALTs are not posting bosses and challenges for people to enjoy and get stronger. These ALTs and fake accounts are used for a purpose. Kano knows who is making them and who the primary account is. What they choose to do about it is nothing. Too much money at stake.

The Rage

Kirsten and Deblovscats1 like this.
  7. George Burd

I must not understand GW then I thought you only get points on attack you get points for when others lose on you now too?

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I believe Rage meant war mode.

George Burd likes this.
  9. George Burd

ty for the clarification, as we do not have war mode on kong/armor I have no xp with it

10. The Rage

The Rage Member

yes war mode. sorry for that

11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Honest players care, besides on FB it is against TOS to have more than one account, just like it is against Kano's TOS to have more than one accout, anyone who needs to cheat in an online game, well they need professional help , IMO.

LaScepter likes this.
  12. Malin

Malin New Member

Dear Kano, What's the latest on any changes to Battle Arena? Seems amazingly unpopular as it stands. I played it for the first time in months this last battle and found it to be, to paraphrase Evil, mercifully free of the ravages of fun. No wonder only 300 out of a million play it (and all coincidentally named "Viking"). Love, Viking.

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No further changes are being planned for the BA at this time.

14. Malin

Malin New Member

Perfect. One less thing I have to worry about doing. Thanks for the response.