[ZS] TGIF... this week in dev! 04/06/2012

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Off to a better start on this TGIF I actually remembered it was Friday and got started before I got started on beer Friday!

Well it is the 2nd week of June but you wouldn’t know it by the weather here in Victoria, it feels like October! Hope it is summer somewhere because it isn’t here, yet! Ok, enough of the small talk let’s jump right into what’s new in dev this week.

Battle Arena Level 660+ (get ready to rumble!!!)

The Battle Arena stages epic free-for-all battles between dozens, hundreds or even thousands of Slayers. The more opponents you kill and the longer you live, the more cash, XP and UN Points you win. The last slayer standing takes home a prize fit for a champion. Prepare for the Battle Arena, and prove once and for all who is the deadliest Slayer.

http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?7629

XP Gained in Fights (change for next week)

Currently when fighting a weaker in range opponent and you are far stronger you will get very little XP, this was done to prevent overchaining of players but this also slows down progression of stronger players. We plan to change this mechanic to award a base minimum XP when fighting weaker in range opponents, fighting stronger opponents will still award more BUT fighting weaker opponents in range should still allow you to progress.

Player Bans:

• 27 permanent bans

If you haven’t already liked our Facebook page and/or followed us on Twitter, do it or else you may miss out on the latest updates, news and bonuses!

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/zombieslayerfans
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/slayzombies

Also, if you want to learn more about Kano/Apps and what makes us different than other game developers like our Facebook fan page and/or follow us on Twitter. Different means better right?

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/kanoapps
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/kanoapps

As always, feedback is appreciated and listened to. Have suggestions on where you think we can improve we want to hear it! Have great things to say about us we want to hear it! Slay on and hope everyone has a great weekend! Kendall out!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: http://bit.ly/zs_kaforum
    Facebook Connect: http://bit.ly/zs_forum_fc

MySpace: http://mysp.ac/zs_forum

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. Great TGIF, Again I wish I was at a level high enough to participate in the Battle Arena Or Fight arena as you call it :p I will have to wait :D

3. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I don't think i like this change at all.

4. So what

So what Member

Well it is the 2nd week of June but you wouldn’t know it by the weather here in Victoria, it feels like October! Hope it is summer somewhere because it isn’t here, yet! Ok, enough of the small talk let’s jump right into what’s new in dev this week.

winter has arrived in Ireland ..starting to resemble a game of thrones set...minus the snow ...but hey u never know

Originally Posted by Kendall

XP Gained in Fights (change for next week)

Currently when fighting a weaker in range opponent and you are far stronger you will get very little XP, this was done to prevent overchaining of players but this also slows down progression of stronger players. We plan to change this mechanic to award a base minimum XP when fighting weaker in range opponents, fighting stronger opponents will still award more BUT fighting weaker opponents in range should still allow you to progress.

CAN U SERIOUSLY THINK OF any more ways to screw us ......

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

What don't you like about this change? The way it works now, is players with say 1 defense when attacked will be overpowered easily by in-range attackers and award say 1 xp, what the change would do is reward say 20% (or some base value) of the XP you would gain from attacking an evenly matched opponent. Attacker weaker out of range opponents will operate as it does today.

What are you concerned about with this change?

6. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

At least, we can gain some good XP when attacking a person who plays all attack ;)

7. DragTheWaters

DragTheWaters Member

XP Gained in Fights

i love it!

8. XP Gained in Fights (change for next week)

If I were still a low level player trying to build my Fight Wins stat I wouldn't care much for this change due to the fact that I would want to get as many fight wins each level as possible by attacking the ones that give vary little XP and avoiding over attacking boss's, excessively doing outbreaks, and challenges. (keep in mind that the fightlist gets VARY slim in the mid. and upper levels)
    At this point in my game I welcome the change and think that it may help to repopulate my deprived fightlist.

Questions: Will this change apply when defending as well?

9. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I am still trying to figure out why players have an issue with this. I can respect opinions. But i have fought long and hard for this many times with this idea getting shot down constantly. If a player does not add to captains and goes the caging method and adds straight to attack. But i take advanatage of every aspect kano puts into the game why as a player should i be punished for wanting to advance in the game when you have players who have 30 to 100 pirates who added just stam and attack and enough energy to do adventures. When they attack me they get there experience but when i attack them i get crap worth of experience. I am glad kano finally saw this for what it was. How they do the experience is still up to them. But i gave them options just like other players have also with math skills. Simple solution is go by the 1000 levels . If a player yielded lower experience to you in the 1000 levels your min exp would be at least 100 exp on every fight . 2000 200 exp 3000 300 exp and so on. This keeps the game from stalling out and players saying screw it because they cannot get no where because of empty fight lists constantly. And possibly will curve the bullying issue on players because you do not have to sit on a player who yields the best experience everyone will give you equal or close to being better experience. Sorry ranting again but i have seen many games die because of issues with fighting in them and stalling out.

10. Jon, some ppl look at XP as a handicap and try to avoid it as much as possible. Its far to easy to level up in the lower levels and than the fightlist all but disappears in the mid. to upper levels. If a player blast through the lower levels they wind up at level 500 with 5,000 fight wins and an empty fightlist.
    I'm just saying we all have different play styles and wanting MORE XP and leveling FASTER isn't a good thing for all styles

I just wanted to add that it is pretty common knowledge that on any social networking app. with a fight list the higher you level up the fewer people there will be to fight. This is because it takes more dedication and more desire to play the game in order to reach these higher levels. Players that come fresh into a game with that knowledge and that like to have a higher than average fights won stat will no doubt rather have the lower XP for fights.

11. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I see this as Kano's way of making pvp players level up faster. You want to stop the "camping".

If i'm getting more xp per attack that's less stam i will use per level. If i log on only needing 1000xp to level up and have 150 stam i will always hit those with less squad first because they give the lowest xp. I then hit random players looking for those with low health. With this change i will lose a lot of stam per level up.

Now this change wouldn't bother me if my left over stam carried over upon level up.

I level by fighting. I always level at least a couple of times a day. I don't see why Kano have a problem with this kind of playing style now.

12. slave

slave Member

i support this change, there are far too many people that get great xp when they attack, and when you attack back it isnt worth the stamina point to attack them and they laugh about it. Its about time to get some xp off these sometimes rather high level players with no defense.
    sorry if you dont like the change, but there are quite a few that do...

seems the only ones against this are the ones that camp.....
    but for those that actually try to level...this is a good thing, kendall whatever you do there is always going to be resistance and whining from half the players...

13. alka

alka Banned

I have agree. My xp range is between 40 and 390. Sadly the 40 it from guys way above me.