[PC] TGIF! Pirate Clan Development News May 25 - 28

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, May 29, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans May 18 - May 24

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

KP2: 3

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs tomorrow:

[​IMG]

June Monthly Calendar!

Like a blue shell destined to hit the player in first place, June swiftly approaches! Here’s a sneak peek at next month’s Calendar! It starts Monday June 1.

[​IMG]

The Secret Gift has Been Removed

[​IMG]

The Secret Gift is no longer available in game (although players who have it on their Gift wishlist can still receive it). The Secret Gift had a long and valuable career and it’s time to lay it to rest. Thanks to community member @Kirsten for leading the charge on this one.

As a side note on retired gifts, if there is a gift you’d like to see return, suggest it! When we get enough Gifts suggested we can pit them against each other in a battle royale to see which one will make it back in.

Armada Member Status Icon

This community-requested idea was implemented earlier this week. If you visit a rival Armada’s page (and they don’t have their member list set to private) then you will see icons on their profile pictures which represents their current status. Like so:

[​IMG]

Blank means they can be attacked, a skull means their are dead and a heart means they are in the Hospital.

Thanks to community member @JADES for suggesting this idea!

Raid Boss: Sirens May 28

[​IMG]

The Sirens are back! Have you been fighting the good fight? Gather your mateys and take down these deadly beauties. Need more info about the Raid Boss? Check this thread here!

New Limited Item Schedule!

Starting next week our Limited items will be rolling out on a more consistent schedule. The new schedule will be as follows:

Limited Time: new set every Tuesday

Limited Quantity: new set every Friday

New Update to the Pirate Clan iOS App!

Hello players!

Our mobile team has been toiling away on the iOS app for Pirate Clan and they are prepping to roll out a huge update very soon. In addition to bringing in a long-requested PvP feature, this update will also tickle your eardrums with new music and sound-effects that were made in-house!

Here is a list of changes that will be in place for the next update:

PVP
    • Added Armada Wars
    GAME
    • Improved interface for purchasing Property and Inventory
    GENERAL
    • Added music and sound effects
    • Improved interface for switching between servers (Facebook and Kano Play Server 2)
    • Various bug fixes
    Since this update changes quite a few things for the game, the developers are thirsty for feedback! If you experience any issues with the updated interface, the Wars, the new sound or if you have thoughts about the update in general we’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment in this thread and I’ll forward it to the developers. As a reminder, bug reports that lead to a fix are always appreciated and rewarded. [​IMG]

We are always working to improve the mobile experience so stay tuned to this forum for updates!

Pirate Clan in the iOS App Store

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday!

We know that our players love their games, (we do too!) and that it can drive someone up the wall when something they care about doesn't seem to be working right. We know that when a player contacts support it's usually because they are worried or frustrated, so we don't take it personally when we get grumpy-sounding messages.

That being said, please try not to direct insults towards staff members. It doesn't help issues to be seen or resolved any faster, and can even slow the team down as constant abuse wears on people after a while.

We will always review and work to resolve every issue brought to our attention, but please be aware that people who send abusive messages after being asked not to will stop receiving replies to those tickets.

Thanks for understanding,

Aardvark
    Who has developed a fine appreciation for rainbow things.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do you get when you cross a stream and a brook?
    Wet feet!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan

Kirsten and Chasity like this.
  2. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Ding dong the secret gift is gone... Too bad it can't disappear in the ones of those who still have it in their wish list! At least I won't be receiving any more!! :)

3. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Active Member

finally the secret gift is gone! :D

Chasity, George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  4. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Something isn't quite right with the Secret Gift. I'm still getting them and they are not on my wishlist.
    You have received the Fishing Net. Return the favor and send another gift!
    Pirate's Name
    12 hours ago
    [​IMG]
    Fishing Net

JADES likes this.
  5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm having the same experience as well Tillie

Mabest likes this.
  6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

yes! the secret gift has NOT died!

7. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

It just needs to die already! I don't want it! :p

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Pretty sure it's supposed to be dead dead, but I'll get Smack to double-check.

9. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

lol I love the Bob Ross set! really cute.

10. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

will the music sound/effects also be on desktop or just moble?

also how long did it take to make the because i know those can be very time consuming at times