[PC] TGIF! Pirate Clan Development News Feb 29 - March 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Mar 5, 2016.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans February 22 - February 28

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 3
    KP2: 1
    Kong/Armor: 2

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Steel-Bound Crates!

The crate selection has been refreshed. See if you have Davy Jones’’s favor with a chance to score one of three new Legendary items!

[​IMG]

March Monthly Calendar

“Spring” into uh...Spring with the March Monthly Calendar, on until the last day of the Month!

[​IMG]

Collapsible Achievements

A community-requested idea went live a couple weeks ago thanks to a suggestion from @Jared. Have you ever wanted to check your status on a section of achievements but didn’t want to scroll down to see it? Now you can collapse each section of Achievements to save space! Here’s a link to a gif of it in action: http://i.imgur.com/L9venkB.gif

Raid Event This Weekend!

A prized treasure fleet is sailing through your waters! Gather a crew and take down this heavily defended convoy for at some booty!

[​IMG]

Pirate Clan Comes to Android!

Today we’re very pleased to announce that Pirate Clan is now available on Android! This app is in the same vein as our iOS and KanoPlay versions so if you have an Android device make sure to download it and give it a shot for all your plundering needs!

It would be awesome if you would give the app a nice rating and review on Google Play if you’re so inclined, it helps let Google know that people enjoy the app and will push it higher on their games list (more visibility means more Pirates to Clan/Fight!). We're not picky, but if you wanted to leave us a five-star rating we definitely wouldn't complain. [​IMG]

Make sure to keep an eye on our Mobile Update thread to keep abreast of all the changes to the app. If you have any feedback, please leave it either in the official feedback thread, or in this thread here.

If you have a compatible Android device, please install the app and give it a go!

Get Pirate Clan on Android here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kanoapps.pc

Support Report with AdmiralPenguin

The past few weeks we've had some pretty big issues in World Chat across all of our games. I don't like having to bring this up again but it's pretty important. World Chat is seen by everyone, including new players. Imagine popping into a new game and all you see are slanderous, mean spirited comments? I don't know about you, but it would definitely make me not want to reach out and ask for help.

Chat should be a place where rivals can spit fire at each other, but civil fire. Not raging dragon breath. I get that a lot of you have some intense rivalries, that being said it's not okay to bring up the personal lives of other players because you're upset or frustrated.

I feel like I shouldn't have to mention this, and it makes me a bit sad that I do. Talking about the families or friends of rivals that don't play with us isn't just crossing a line, it's jumping over it...it's blinking over that line by at least 9 meters. Leave the fam out of it. World Chat is available to every player, old or new, and having it monopolized by long arguments that should be private is simply not appropriate.

Feel free to talk about the movie you just saw, that super fat puppy you just got, or an amazing burrito you had. We don't want to stop the positive, friendly conversations that help to bring our community together. What we're trying to do is crack down on people who are overloading Chat with personal grievances. To sum this up, keep a PG-13 vibe and keep other’s personal lives out of Chat.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

Did you hear about the new restaurant on the moon?
    The food is great, but there's just no atmosphere!

That's it for TGIF this week.. Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/pirate-clan
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/pirate-clan-game/15877
    iOS: http://go.onelink.me/3053715728?pid=Forum&c=tgif_link

Chasity likes this.
  2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

If people can't handle smack talk back then maybe they should keep their mouths shut on all platforms and all things they post about a person in a game. Kano only sees one aspect and thinks its someone doing it to pick on what they fail to realize is certain idiots do this outside of the game constantly to others. And i know a couple of these idiots who i like to poke fun at and make them run to Kano and complain about me since they won't shut their mouths about others. So until that is done i would take those players words with a grain of salt and tell them to quit crying and play the game or go grow some crops in farmville.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

ahhhh too much purple reminds me of barney

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

lol Totally, this game is designed to fight ,it can bring out the very worst in people,I have been playing this type of game ,longer than Kano has existed and I have seen it all in forums and chats, to think adults cannot handle certain situations is silly, vulgar language and vulgar racist/ game names and calling someone a cheat or accuse someone of using abot/script/autoprogram,,Ok I get why that is not cool,but as for the other things Kano wants to ban people for,YOU made these games and stuff is gonna happen FFS ,these games /chat are not meant for children. Children are not spending their money, so trying to make this like a kindergarden class is just weird,

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Micaylah and Jon Ward like this.
  5. Jon Ward

I agree completely. Oh boo someone made fun of me in a game. It's a game. If you don't want it to happen don't start something and then go crying about it to Kano when you can't handle it. Anyone who knows me knows i only push back against the ones who like to do this and then they go crying to kano about me. Sometimes i wonder if i make Kano laugh from these guys complaining so dang much.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

People like to razz others and that's just the way it is. It is the vulgar personal attacks that really aren't necessary. The "Your mother wears army boots." stuff... please. So little kid stuff. The best cuts are the ones that are smart enough to go above the head of the intended target and don't upset Kano. lol

7. Jon Ward

Do you mean something like a phrase basement dwellers. Is that smart enough above their head. And make kano laugh because they cry at that term being used.

Kirsten likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

If they are not laughing at the whole thing, then there is something wrong with kano lol

Jon Ward likes this.
  9. Jon Ward

Oh i am sure they are drinking their Canadian Beer and getting a great laugh.

Kirsten likes this.