TGIF! Development News September 15th 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Another week another TGIF and this time we have a lot of tantalizing stuff to share. The Kano office has seen a lot of data this week and we’re excited to share some of it with you in the next week or two. Not a lot of concrete info yet, but lots in the pipe.

Before anything else, we just want to say thank you for all your comments and feedback since we restarted the TGIF — we are really appreciating having such an open discussion with you guys about the game and how things are working.

Faction War Rewards Changes - another round of changes is coming to the payouts at the end of Faction War events! At the beginning of the month we altered the reward structure to hand out prizes to factions in all 5 divisions, including increasing how much each division won at the top. We were delighted to hear that lower levels are excited about the change, but we made a misstep in reducing how far down the top division prizing went, and you certainly let us know.

Forum posts went out yesterday for VC and ZS announcing expanded prizing for Division A & B factions that will apply to this weekend’s wars. New changes to PC and LCN are also now visible in their respective rewards tabs, so check those out and don’t forget to sign up!

Hitlist Grace Period in LCN - we’ve talked a lot over the past few weeks about how to protect people who don’t enjoy being chainlisted, without stopping everyone else from enjoying this feature. Our latest revision to this is being announced on Monday, so if you’ve got a stake in this change please drop by the thread next week and give us your input.

Pirate Clan Achievements - you may have noticed new achievements rolling out for VC and ZS recently to keep up with the new tiers in LCN. We posted new tiers for Pirate Clan in the forums a little while ago, and those (plus some revisions inspired by you guys) are coming to the game next week.

PvP Balance Changes for LCN - this is the biggest announcement so we’ve saved it for last (before the bad joke.) Differences in fight strength between spending and non-spending players has been a major point of discussion over the past year, particularly when it comes to the value of people’s inventories versus how they’ve invested their skill points.

We’ve been putting a lot of work into studying this and looking for ways to re-balance the game, and we’re excited to share our results with you next week, including our plan for how to address this. We expect this to be a contentious issue and we’d love to hear your feedback before changes are released, so please check the forums or in-game news mid-next week for more details.

I know there’s not a ton to discuss today with these “coming soon” announcements, but I look forward to reading your comments after I finally stop laughing at this terrible joke.

Why are there fences around graveyards?
    People are dying to get in!

2. oh seriously the jokes are getting worst but thank for the update roflmao

Silvia Freis likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Pirate Clan Achievements - you may have noticed new achievements rolling out for VC and ZS recently to keep up with the new tiers in LCN. We posted new tiers for Pirate Clan in the forums a little while ago, and those (plus some revisions inspired by you guys) are coming to the game next week.

I know there’s not a ton to discuss today with these “coming soon” announcements, but I look forward to reading your comments after I finally stop laughing at this terrible joke.

Why are there fences around graveyards?
    People are dying to get in!
    [/QUOTE]
    I concur with Patricia, those jokes lol

4. Why Does there need to be a balance between spending and non-spending players? You are shooting yourself in the foot as there will not be a reason for people to spend another dime on this game. The only reason to spend is to gain an advantage. Will try to hold judgement until you propose the changes, but doesn't seem like a smart move on your part.

5. Pinhead

Pinhead Member

Its supposed to be a fighting game, alright i get that and of course one should have an advantage if one decides to spend cash on a game but as it is now any idiot with a cc can whip everybodys ass to the ground even if there is a difference of several thousand levels between players and thats not right.......A game with so many options on how to play should reflect more on how you have built your character and style of play instead of just bulking up your inventory every month when the paycheck comes along

6. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

So here we have a spender. Smart choice. The spending is for donation you get some extra un. So basically your saying spenders need to have more? seriously? Are people this greedy in this age of gaming? So you want really to kill it?

7. Wow...Assume much? This is a for profit game last time I checked and alienating people that spend will more than likely kill the game. I doubt that Kano generates enough ad revenue to sustain a game that isn't monetized in other ways like selling FP's so people can buy weapons, refills (raids seem to be a huge driver for these types of purchases) and to buy your members to get 2k mob. So, keep assuming and like I said, I'll wait to see what they roll out and then make a judgement. :). Have a nice day!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Balance is probably too strong of a word but there is room for improvement in PvP for LCN given the state of this mature game. We appreciate the patience till we share any perspective changes with you all.

Scoughman likes this.
  9. meet_joeblack

meet_joeblack Member

Good idea...there has to be a way for a non spender to beat a spender.... spending money in the game should only be for 'shortcuts ' to the top.... why would non spenders play the game if it is impossible to beat spenders? The idea is that as a non spender one would have to work 3 or 4 times harder....but it should still be something that a non spender could do....someone that has been playing the game for a while can see that currently there is no competition....time and effort should count as well as money.... make all items available to everyone....there should be a way for a non spender to get all items ...crafting is time consuming and it is virtually useless.... the boss drops in the last city are way to weak....so are the job drops.... how about make them more useful?.....

10. Felix S

Felix S New Member

I agree on making workshop items that actually help in att/def in the game. Most I finally can make do not help at all, which is a shame.
    Felix

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  11. Xextreem

Xextreem Active Member

Wow i see you spending allot then. Nice to know. So far i check it`s a game. Go play your candy crush games and buy the health pack. Fucking idiots out there. I have never seen a donator go in rage mode about the truth. I guess you need to buy some more to get the attention you want so you can try to force kano hands because you donate. like or Kano dev already say balance is the key and if a non donator kicks your ass you suck end of debate kid. Go buy the UN pack it`s only for $512 dollars. Sick and tired to let those donators go in rampage mode. The get there money with or without donators.

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

without spenders there would be no game, but some take it to the extreme and get to levels it took the rest years to get to thru time and energy and patience, raids changed that big time, and in one game in particular, spenders spent into the stratosphere in a extremely short time, compared to all the long term players, who have spent, but played for years :(

13. LMAO. Rage or rampage mode? I'm not the one resorting to profanities and name calling. Donate? LoL I donate to charities not to a software company. :). Chill out man...maybe take a deep breath, count to ten..whatever blows your skirt up. Amazing how civil discourse seems to be a lost art and people can't disagree with a point of view without someone getting all butt hurt. Oh and I don't think that I can force anyone's hand. Smile it's only a game! :)

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all, I know we can have differing opinions at times, just a reminder to keep it civil when discussing them. :)

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  15. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

mi7ch when did you say new adventures/challenge/empire coming out

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I didn't say a specific date, but I am now: it's Wednesday, September 20.

17. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

great thx mi7ch

18. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

1st ~ Thank you for the new location!♥
    2nd ~ When do we get our new Boss?

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Like every time else in the past, the boss usually comes out 1 week later....... :p

mi7ch likes this.
  20. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Well Kano never announces New Locations when they are released like they use to so who knows if that has changed also, just saying.