TGIF! Development News August 25 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forums and another TGIF! @mi7ch is back in the house, so expect the quality of bad jokes to... improve? Devolve? I dunno. Let's start by recapping some of the announcements this week:

The proposed Calendar Changes for each game were rolled back this week after we heard from a number of players that it'd affect people playing multiple games. We're still looking at changes to Battle Arena scheduling to avoid conflicts with raid bosses, but nothing is changing for now.

Last week's discussion on a Hitlist Delay for LCN was re-ignited with a new thread detailing another proposed change. Click here to see that thread and give us your feedback!

The first event featuring Faction War Rewards by Division is rolling out in Pirate Clan and Zombie Slayer next week. The big news is more FP in prize packages, and all factions that earn rewards will get FP, not just the top 3. Keep your eyes peeled for the in-game interface to update in the leadup to the event and give us your feedback on the details noted there.

Achievements have been updated with new Attack and Defence tiers and will be coming out in LCN next week. We've mostly hashed out the tiers for the other three games and should be able to share them in the forums next week, with their release coming after we get a chance to hear your feedback.

We've made some progress on identifying ways we could approach PvP Balancing but there's no news to report yet. Hopefully next week will bring some news we can share.

The Referral and Rewards feature is coming to Kano Play 2! We are excited to make this option available to people playing outside of Facebook. The people you guys are referring to the games are some of the most engaged and committed folks we've seen, so thank you to everyone who's helping grow the community. If you haven't heard of this feature before, you can invite your friends and both them and you will enjoy some prizes the more they play! This should also be available on the mobile apps but likely not for a while yet.

Faction War Reward Notifications will be coming out next week, and some people may see them as early as this weekend. Basically if it's been about an hour since the war ended and you haven't claimed your prize, you can get a little reminder to drop back in and pick it up.

And last but not least, Max Helper Damage was added back to links you share in-game, such as on your Faction's messageboard.

Okay, drumroll please...What do you call a broken can opener?
    "A can't opener!"

Carl Stahls and Kirsten like this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

How did you hide the answer to the LJOTW without it showing in the post?

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

What are we looking at for attack achievement tiers, something like 100,000,000; 500,000,000; and 1,000,000,000? Also, you can bag defense achievements. Defense is almost as useful as 40,000 energy (but not quite).

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  4. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's coming in the future and what is being changed , well done kano devs much appreciated x

mi7ch, Scoughman and Ne0istic like this.
  5. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

What about New Lands in VC??? What is the time frame for that & how soon can we expect it to happen??? What is the point of leveling up if there is NOTHING to gain from it?????
    IT'S VERY BORING RIGHT NOW!!!!

6. TomcaT

TomcaT Member

Oh No. Referral Program for Server 2. That just means loads more 2nd 3rd 4th and more accounts per person. It's a nice concept IF you institute a more thorough Check on each new account that joins by the referral to make sure they aren't someone's extra account :-( Customer Support can not handle all the ones on Server 1 as it is now.

Miss Kitty Snaps likes this.
  7. Ne0istic

Ne0istic New Member

Yes, I echo Patricia, thanks for everything you guys do, we do appreciate playing this game and i notice new things changing daily and i appreciate those things also, I apologise for not having as much input as i do, but you guys rule so leave that to you! And also, what do you call a broken can opener????? Laffin :)

Scoughman likes this.
  8. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Isn't Google wonderful?

10. Omegame

Omegame Member

Good news for me thanks.

11. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

@Deblovscats1 We've got another location for VC coming out in September, so very soon!

@TomcaT this is definitely something we're taking seriously as we look into adding this feature. I think it's worth noting that the effort involved in creating alts to try and collect rewards from this feature is far more than it's worth, but some people will always try to take advantage. We've been working on growing our Support staff and expect to have tighter management of alt accounts going forward.

12. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

OK Sounds great!♥ Thank you!♥

Scoughman likes this.
  13. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Have understand that you are a bit busy... But still have to wonder how long it will take before you even read a ticket? Did send 1 at the 21th August... And still you have not check what it is about...

14. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

I hope early September ;) and will we be getting a warrior drop since last time was a weapon drop???