steel sword

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wolfdaughter, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Wolfdaughter

Wolfdaughter New Member

anyone got the recipe for this?

2. Essexboyee

Essexboyee New Member

Steel Sword Recipe

No idea yet, had several attempts and I feel it must include the Tarnkappe (looking at other recipe formats), will post a selection of fails as I get them and indeed, if I get the right one, I`ll post that too :):)

3. I have 261 different items so i just wait till some one gets recipe and make a deal with that player .. some like bounty his rival 3 times or add him inner circle for 3 weeks :D

4. Wolfdaughter

Wolfdaughter New Member

what's worse is that I could be missing essential items, OR need two of something.

Hmm... say there are 500 possible items, including ALL bought stuff, drops, rewards and gifts. There are four places. If my math is right that means the number of potential combinations for a single items is 500 x 500 x 500 x 500 = 62.5 tril

Even if it looks likely that there are (say) only 30 items that are compatible for one thing, but one could be totally unknown, and you might need two of something, then surely it's 30 x 30 x 30 x 500 = 13.5 mil Heh - dead easy ;)

5. bbqbill

bbqbill New Member

something to think about

I'm not sure, but has anyone thought that you might have to be in a particular section?
    If you noticed that each recipe comes from a section, maybe you need to go to that section to make the recipe work.

6. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

Actually, your math is incorrect. Unless I'm mistaking something, you can't duplicate items in multiple slots. So; 500 x 499 x 498 x 497 = 61.7 trillion.

Makes all the difference in the world, of course :eek:

7. Susan K

Susan K Member

I'll bet it *uses* a previously forged weapon. hero's worship, lands end sentinel, forged helmet. I don't have the components to try this out so I can't check.

(The only hidden recipe I know is one from Pirate Clan, and it does this)

8. It should say what realm its unlocked in and that should give some clues to what is required by barring all drop items after that. Still got a lot of trial and error there

9. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

i havent spent anytime trying diff recipes, but i would think the items would have to be from the world that the recipe requires that u have unlocked....greatly reducing the combos. I also remember that there has been many adventure drops in different worlds that seemingly had no value or use....i would try combining these items first

10. berz

berz New Member

You only use those items that you get at the certain location, so there shouldn't be more than 50 combinations. I haven't even tried it because items are too weak. What would i do with an item +30 +35? so why even bother? :>

11. Wolfdaughter

Wolfdaughter New Member

You can. The recipe takes two warmasters to create an angel :(

12. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

Right, but what I meant was that you can't put items into multiple slots. If you have two or more of a specific item, they're both going to go into the same slot. Ergo, the formula 500 x 500 x 500 x 500 is incorrect. Specifically, you have a choice of 500 items (I guess; I'm not sure how many items there are, total, but I'm willing to accept this claim on faith) that can go into the first slot. Since no item can be put into more than one slot, that leaves 499 items that can go into the 2nd slot. From that, only 498 items in the 3rd slot and 497 items in the fourth.

So; as I said earlier, 500 x 499 x 498 x 497.

13. berz

berz New Member

Guys.. As far as I know it doesn't go like 500x500x495...

Let's say you want to make Aegir's trident. To make this item you will be only using utems taht you gained in aegir's sea / aegir's passage, icluding boss drops, gifts and items you can buy on that level. Item slot position shouldn't matter because then it would bi impossible to figure it out (well not impossible you would have like 0.01% chance)

So yeah, look a the recipes of other items they only use those items that you gained in specific world, gift and items you can buy on that level.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  14. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

That would certainly make sense. Unfortunately, I'm not yet 620th level, so I can't say what the chances are. Of course, using this logic, there's only five drops in Aegir's Passage (talking about the Trident mentioned above), along with five other items shown on the "Adventure" page. Plus, considering that the Land's End Sentinel uses the "Hero" boss drop item from the world boss, you have to consider that one of those items might be part of the formula as well. Also, I'd point out that the "Hero" is unlocked at 150, whereas the "Aegir's Trident" is supposedly unlocked at 140. Not sure how you'd unlock the recipe but make it with an item you don't qualify for yet? And of course (the worst part), all three recipes use a gift, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I see 41 of those.

Someone who's higher level than I am will have to look at this (I'm only 595 at the moment), but of the three recipes I can see (Hero's Warship, Land's End Sentinel, and Forged Helmet), here's the recipe list:

Hero's Warship:
    • (Boss Drop) 1 Undersea Chariot
    • (Boss Drop) 3 Tentacle Whips
    • (Gift) 1 Byggvir Ale *

Land's End Sentinel:
    • (Market) 2 Hel Minions
    • (World Boss Drop) 1 Hero
    • (Gift) 1 War Boots *

Forged Helmet:
    • (Market) 1 Fafnir Dragon Helmet
    • (Adventure Drop) 2 Fenrir
    • (Gift) 1 Viking War Helm *

I'd also point out that there are four slots listed in the Blacksmith, so it's entirely possible a fourth item is needed.

So as a result, I'd probably start with three items, and hope the world boss drops weren't in there, so for the Aegir's Trident: 51 x 50 x 49 = 124,950 combinations, if only three ingredients and no world boss drops, but this could go as high as 54 x 53 x 52 = 148,824 combinations or even 13 x 12 x 11 x 10 = 7.6 million combinations, if a world boss drop from lvl 160 or less was included.

Finally, for what it's worth, I didn't see any ingredients repeated in those three recipes so if the Aegir's Trident follows that pattern (and three recipes really is nowhere near enough to qualify as a "pattern," IMO), our possibilities are one heck of a lot lower: 3 possible market items, plus 2 possible boss drops, plus 38 gifts, plus (possibly) 2 world boss drops. That works out as follows:

No world boss, three ingredients: 43 x 42 x 41 = 74,046
    No world boss, four ingredients: 43 x 42 x 41 x 40 = 2.96 million
    World boss, three ingredients: 45 x 44 x 43 = 85,140
    World boss, four ingredients: 45 x 44 x 43 x 42 = 3.6 million

...if my math is right (and it might not be, since I'm rushing out the door at the moment).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  15. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

By the way... forgot to mention; it would make sense to try using a bit of logic here. Heroes & ale, sentinels & boots, helmets & helmets? I don't see anything that looks particularly trident-ish in the gift list, but some sort of weapon would make sense.

16. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

Having trouble finding out what is used to craft the Steel Sword secret weapon? Well here is a hint to help point you in the correct direction.

There are three items required to craft the Steel Sword.

Two of the items are Gifts.

One of the items is not a gift.

Hope this helps in your crafting attempts.

17. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

It does. Possible combinations become: 41 x 40 x 10 (or 13) = 16,400 (21,320)

If we assume no repetition of previous ingredients, the number is a LOT lower: 38 x 37 x 5 (8) = 7,030 (11,248).

I think (I'm half asleep right now, so I'm probably way off here).

18. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

Sorry - one correction (so far): I didn't look at the higher level items. These are all the gifts that aren't used in any of the recipes:

Advent Wreath
    Battle Chainmail
    Drakkar Figurehead
    Freyja's Tears
    Gold Necklace
    Golden Apple Of Youth
    Kite Shield
    Leather Armbands
    Leather Helm
    Longbow
    Lump of Coal
    Mead Horn
    Nordic Crossle Pendant
    Northern Knot Charm
    Poison Arrows
    Rabbit Shield
    Sacred Well
    Scroll of Vanir Knowledge
    Silver Armband
    Silver Ornament
    Skull Dagger
    Skull Tunic
    Thor Amulet
    Torch
    Trained Hawk
    Vanir Statue
    Viking Axes
    Viking Dagger
    Viking Tunic
    War Belt
    War Dog
    Wolf Skin Cloak
    Wooden Rabbit Amulet
    Wooden Shield
    Zombie Scorpion

If we assume no repetition among the regular items as well, and that everything comes from Aegir's Passage, that would leave the following market items and boss drops available:

Market Items (unused):
    Elite Hersir
    Fishing Drakkar
    Viking Longship

Adventure Drops (unused):
    Aegir War Ship
    Giant Squid
    Great Fishing Net
    War Elephant

Boss Drops (unused):
    Undersea Shield
    Undersea War Helm

World Boss Drops (unused):
    Obsidian Dagger
    Rune Chiseled Axe

So... I've probably got this all wrong, but this should be somewhat close: 35 x 34 x 9 (11) = 10,710 (13,090).

19. juanmmatam

juanmmatam Member

steel sword recipe

viking dagger + skull dagger + alfheim dagger set

20. Thank you. You saved me from thinking too much ;-)