Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cesarr, Jul 4, 2010.

1. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

I never attack anyone higher leveled than me - I always try to stick to my own level (unless nobody in my level shows up in the fight list, but that's only happened once). I hate being picked on by people that are 100 levels above me just because I beat one of their friends that's at my own level. This guy keeps attacking me, so I ambushed. He got all butthurt over it and sent his level 284 friend to punch me after he hitlisted me. And then ANOTHER friend (higher lvl, again) to attack me until they couldn't anymore. My stats are good enough to compete with people at my level, but not 10+ (and especially 100+ ABOVE me). So, because this one guy attacked me and I asked him to pick on people his own size, I get him and his 4 little friends to harass me nonstop for 3 days now.

2. hate saying it,but all part of the game.
    get your own friends to go after them.
    give it back.

3. Calder12

Calder12 Member

One of my favourite things to do in Mafia Wars (or was when I played seriously) was to torment people into getting their higher levels to come after me. I purposely upset clans and anyone that I could get to ask their mafia to attack.

I gained nearly as much experience by doing nothing when I managed it as I did actively playing xD. My goal is to get there here too, and to be honest I am pretty sure I can by the time I get high enough to have 20 top squad, the only thing I see holding me back is keeping my squad up to par. So far I have a few I trust will stay with or ahead of me, but not a full squad just yet.

I LOVE the fact that this game encourages fighting. That in itself was enough to get me interested early on!

4. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

I don't have any friends here, they all use Facebook instead of myspace and none of them play this game. I didn't even know it was on FB at first. But by the time I knew, I was already too invested here to bother going over there and befriending more strangers. Everyone on my squad is somebody I found from the 'add me' page. So unfortunately, I'm on my own.

I don't mind being attacked. I don't mind being attacked numerous times. What bothers me is that I'm being attacked by the same few people everytime I heal, even when I don't attack back and have requested they move on. I don't have the money or UN pts to heal 2k health every 5 seconds because I'm trying to fight a boss and am suddenly bombarded with hits and attacks from 4 different people. All of whom seem to be in the other's squad contacts. It's some kind of side game for them, I'm sure. But when they attack with a fight boost of 50% and they are already higher levels, I can't do much. I have the best gear I can get, I buy my squad the best items I can, I upgrade everything, I'm adding pts to defense.. if there is something else, please let me know, I'll try it! :) I've ambushed them all, but they just heal and attack again until the ambushes run out and then attack until I'm dead. I get out of the hospital and I'm immediately put back in it. It's really a bummer. And I'm not sure how they benefit from the situation. I enjoy fighting, but I'm not fighting. I'm just getting beat up.

But this isn't the "bitch and moan about how lame your life is" thread, so... to be ontopic... STATS R KEWLZ

5. Calder12

Calder12 Member

lol I think it's mostly on topic to be honest we're having a discussion on stats for the most part. I am pretty sure that ambushing them counts as a reset of that timer I spoke of for how long they can attack you.

Try completely avoiding them for a day, no ambushes, no asking squad to attack, no retaliation at all. That should clear the very high levels off your back if I understand things correctly.

Other than that just keep doing what you're doing I guess, keep getting stronger and wait for the day you can pay them back lol.

Cheers to you for explaining the situation without crying about it, nice to see some people still look at games as.... games ;)

6. prettynerdy

prettynerdy Member

Yes, it's only a game! :) But I think we all try to enjoy the game. For some, maybe it takes ganging up on people weaker than them for them to enjoy the game. I like to focus on kickin' zombie ass, personally. Which is probably why my defense is so weak - too much into energy & stamina. But I got a few skill points from the ambush achievments, so (at least for the next few levels) everything will now go into defense.

I'd like to get a cheerleader destructible. She can jump up and down and scream 'defense! defense!' and give you +100 defense. But she has to jump up and down.