[All] Stamina Cap

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ben, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ben

ben Active Member

2. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

just read over that tgif they posted and it apears to me they only did this to keep the balence in the game but within that short amount of time for when the thread was produced and now i believe that there are alot more then 10 people affected by that update and i think it should be revisited again, because as they stated as the game grows and continues they are in need to go back and update/fix things that they didnt anticipate on happening, i think this is one thing that needs to be revisited or at least put more enphasis on if you exeed 7500 stam and you are wanting a boost then you arent going to get the full boost.

also what if you have so much stam that you get more in your daily boost then what you get when you buy a boost, i for one think that that is wrong

a way they can emphasize this is by having a pop out box after you click on buy stam boost saying you will only get 7500 and no more(this would only appear if you have more then 7500 stam though/)

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ok so a year and a half from that announcement, if anyone since then went over the cap, if players were not paying attention then it is on them, wouldn't you agree? of course a player can raise it if they want but unless Kano changes things... Everyone has still advanced anyway, it has not cause much of a problem I have heard no one complain till this thread. We adjust and move on. Just sayin

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

doesnt matter what it says where, never read it nor do i care to. im just saying that its wrong. should be no cap and if its lifted theres no need for reallocation in any way as polish has sugggested. for people that level the way the highers usually do it doesnt take long to add to a certain area with your skill points

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

We are all entitled to our opinions but Kano has the last word.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Im surprised to hear u speaking of "re-scaling" things as u r adamantly opposed to doing that in other areas of the games. In the end ....stamina refills are a huge money maker for Kano. Lots of players havent exceeded the cap because of the cap, wouldnt be fair to do it now.

7. ben

ben Active Member

i think it would be more than fair for the stamina cap to be updated...

8. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

This would get a 10 with me but now? I dunno. I am tending not to care as I will not support the company with my money due to this cap.

My character, the most challenging part of the game to build, has been destroyed by the cap. I can't let skill points "sit" forever. So my attributes, in my case, have been dictated by Kano, a move I do not like a bit. They even said to me privately, I can add to stamina still as an option ... you don't get a boost calculated off anymore than that cap (no reply to that tech issue btw). You do get full stam when the game gives you a loyalty reward to everyone a full stam refill, but that is likely a bug lol. Since that happens during the blue moon cycle, its not going to be an attribute to put anything into.

I will state this as clearly as possible: when YOU have this problem, if ever, YOU are not going to like it.

I do consider if the game economics / company economics are dependent on FP's purchases for stam, its doomed.

In my own case, I spent more before hitting the cap than after as I totally disagree with this limit in attributes. Its not in the stated rules. It is to me a sleaze move, that Fielding first hit then I as far as I know. I don't generally support sleazy companies, and yes, take that for what I stated. In fact, its a profile I work professionally against as it is an ethical indicator.

Lastly, I am playing on, and no I won't quit. I will drib and drab my FP's and hit bosses and level and have fun. Just won't be with the style of play with real money I used before.

BTW, with respect to that real money, I am way at the bottom of the list of big spenders, hence why I think they don't listen to common sense I have provided to them privately and now more publicly. They blew the game in my opinion. Note, this is from a Viking Clan player who has well exceeded their limits in other ways, pushing boundaries making for the "FOLLOWING" players, new empire, new adventures, and yes, new weapons to catch leaders such as I. Like me or not, and whine all ya like when I ask for things you do not perceive from your perspective or are not in your interest, I do look at the game as a whole, with all competitors in it, on multiple multiple suggestions I have made over the years. The responses have been very favourable over the years with suggestions such as the Arena (with Black Bolt as originator), stam boost, and other stuff just not in my mind at the moment.

Cheers,

Kel
    Founder,
    Freedom Fun Forever in VC (and other Kano Games)
    "All group members embrace the notion of freedom and fun in gaming playing Kano games, in particular Viking Clan. Members will not engage in excess public vitriol, slander or defame others. We will not cheat in the game(s) and any identified cheaters will be brought to justice by all! We wish to bring back fun, our number one goal, on a clean game basis! "

9. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

There seems to be some mis-conceptions around the "cap" so I will try my best to explain.

This "cap" only exists in our first 2 titles, PC and VC which have very different level curves than ZS and LCN. PC and VC essentially requires less XP to level, which is why we first introduced the "series" of steps in the XP curve.

To remove the cap, we would have to do one or both of the following:

- reduce the daily attack limit from essentially a non-limit (thousands) to something more reasonable such as 100 or so
    - adjust the XP battle calculation

When we release a feature or an update, we try our best to play / think / test / calculate through the possibilities and anticipate best/worst case rewards so that we don't need to revisit in the future. For example, when we released VC back in 2008/2009 we did not have great models on what to expect, if you joined back then you will remember that we released with basically one page of jobs, no achievements and only pvp and when we did release achievements for VC I believe the last level achievement was set at 1k. So here we are today, continuing to add content, add more skill points, add features that reward XP all the while we have to constantly go back and revisit features where new possibilities exist with new content and when adjustments are necessary (such as the cap) it is seen as a sleazy move but in reality it is a necessary move, if we weren't able too we would not be able to add in new content that players want.

For me, I take the re-marks of a sleazy company very personal (which is maybe one of the reasons why players say it, because they know I will rush to the defense).

I also find your comment as a "sleazy company" curious as it does not seem to be in line with your last comment: "The responses have been very favourable over the years with suggestions such as the Arena (with Black Bolt as originator), stam boost, and other stuff just not in my mind at the moment." Maybe sleazy companies can still listen to and react to players suggestions but still be sleazy if they are required to make changes to support the continued demand of new content by the players

As we continue to push in content and extend the game we will at times need to revisit old formulas and rules in order to support the addition of new content. That is something true with all online games like Viking Clan.

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Dont take me wrong here......Im not in favor of of removing or raising the stamina cap.

I think part of the reason why player have a hard time understanding the explanation as to caps is because the amount of Stamina that can be purchased is limitless. What is the actual difference in the effects on the games depending on whether more stamina is awarded per refill vs just more purchases of a lesser (capped) refill of stamina?

11. ben

ben Active Member

can the cap be raised and not removed just raised to like 10k?? really 2,500 stam doesnt really equate to much at the high levels...

12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well if it doesnt equate to much then why do you care? and im all for there being no cap at all but that statement kinda makes no sense if youre trying to get it raised or removed

13. ben

ben Active Member

bump......

14. ben

ben Active Member

Does anyone have any more thoughts on this?

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't see the need for this, but I do have an idea. Maybe we should start a poll to see how many players have been PERSONALLY negatively impacted by the cap?