[VC] Special offers for FP before raids in VC Server 2

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Allen Sumaran, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I'm hearing that some players are being offered special deals on Favor Points before raids on VC Server 2 or some maybe offered different deals than others. And some are offered no deals at all. If this is true, why would that possibly be?

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  2. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Alsie - they offer the deals based on how much you play and how much you spend. For example, you and I get a worse deal because KANO figures we'll spend money no matter what. It was this type of thinking which pissed off a bunch of players back in 2015. A player who plays less they think can be enticed back with a better FP deal than the one we get.

Stupid huh?

Furbo likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I notice a trend when I don't spend for 2 weeks or so, that is when I see it, I only spend for a raid, at this point in the games,I wait for the sale, it usually comes a week or two before the raid, I save it for the raid, I wish though it would go back to the 275 FP' for 25.00, so I have cut back spending now on the other two games I play.

Furbo likes this.
  4. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

I last saw the 275 fp for $25 on 1/28. I have seen 6 other FP offers since then but the much weaker 60% bonus points versus 50% off price offer. I've seen the pop-up 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Another syn member who occasionally spends is also getting the weaker offer yet a couple of players who have never spent are still getting the % off offers.

I get the tactic, treat your existing customers worse than prospects, but remember it's always cheaper in the long run to keep an existing customer versus getting new ones.

For me, all it means is an adjustment in playing. I cut down on the # of raids I did this time around but still managed to get 30 done (at ave 10m damage each), without spending for FPs. So with enough planning and hoarding of FPs, I won't need to buy FPs for the next raid either.

eta: this is for LCN but applies across the other games.

Furbo and Kirsten like this.
  5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Is this really a surprise to anyone? Not to mention if you play more than one of the games, because your progress in one has absolutely no benefits or correlation to another. But I guess that's a subject for a different thread, I don't want to derail this discussion.

6. Furbo

Furbo New Member

Completely agree! I used to treat myself by spending 25.00 for the 275FP deal because it was a good (money) amount for me to justify, with a good return for my investment. Now, I would need to spend 50.00 to get a similar return, as the lower offer just isn't worth it IMO.
    So by cynically trying to get me to spend more - by dressing the deal up as a '60% saving' instead of 50%, BUT needing to double my expenditure from 25.00 to 50.00, I now spend nothing at all.
    Not only has greed damaged your Business Plan Kano, it has also damaged my enjoyment in playing VC.
    I am neither stupid, nor have impulsive addiction tendencies, therefore I will no longer spend anything on this game. If you have priced your games out of MY market - a dedicated daily player of many years - then it is unlikely you will appeal to new members or people with little to no investment in this game.
    I cannot be alone in this - surely you were better off getting regular payments from loyal players whilst simultaneously keeping the playing environment well-populated and active?! This is how you LOSE players - physical and emotional investment in the game will diminish, and with that inevitably interest and participation will follow. This is how games/communities die.
    Just saying :oops:

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well said, the emotional and physical investment, definitely, as it diminishes affects the money spent, no doubt about that, and that is on Kano.

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i get deals all the time but for what kano as been doing here for the past few years it is not even worth putting a penny in no more! But for the Deals this should be a Offering too ALL PLAYERS!! an that is something that is a MUST FIX!