Smack'n them God Bounties

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Per Kel:
    BTW those God Bounties were supposed to be launched when it went quiet. I think you have a bug there as it seems they do come up right in the midst of lots of other bounties, all war related :p

Per Smack:
    This is outside of the scope of this thread so if anyone would like to continue the discussion around God bounties please feel free to fire up a new thread. I will say quickly that these operate slightly differently depending on game and network being played.

===========

It would seem from when they were released, the impression was that some algorithm was made for them, that when things went quiet on the bounty board, the Gods would be upset and launch 3-4 bounties of various players who were inactive more than 90 days. That was the theory as was understood.

In recent times, there has hardly been a quiet moment, yet these God Bounties fly. Have seen bounty, then 3 god bounties or 5 god bounties hit the screen. Or when a player is listing many, a few seconds apart, the God Bounties still fly. Like independent of any game action, they are on a sequencer.

This is on FB VC. On Kanoplay 2, VC, hard to see a pattern to comment on. On KONG, no such bounties yet (wonder why too? There are less than 1000 actives there and some folks have full clans from the days when some promotion was on so the story goes ... versus the mass creation of alts ...). Davy Jones is busy on PC in FB. Not known for watching them myself but snaggin a few now and then.

Seems Smack can elaborate more on this?

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I disagree with the war related part. I'm not at war and place my fair share of bounties as well, yet see God Bounties fly during the mix. The list is not stale, so why do they appear?

This need's to be re-evaluated though, whether it be a timer if no bounties are placed, or even option to opt out of "God Bounties" if choose to do so.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This might not be right thread, but many people are seriously getting pissed off on the delay.

By what I've seen, get 15 bounties, your seriously hindered on even collecting a bounty. "besides the god's"

I know this was put on because of bot's etc., but to feck over legitimate players is Bull Chit.........

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hey guys, thanks for starting a new thread. I am not ignoring you I am just wrapped up at the moment. I'll have some details re God Bounties tomorrow about how they differ between game and network and next steps.

Quickly though, the reason VC Kong has not had them was because at the time the feature launched the game was not old enough nor were there enough candidates to choose from. This may no longer be the case which can certainly be explored.

Hold tight for more info.

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't think i've ever seen one of these.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

And I'm back. Here is some info around how the Gods/Davy Jones/Godfather/UN bounties work. Below are some of the differences between networks on how these work.

Facebook / Kanoplay Server 1
    • Regardless if the Hitlist is empty candidates will regularly be posted. How often and how many candidates will be listed differ between each game.
      • While this may seem counter intuitive given these are typically the most active networks we have a lot of candidates at our disposal and this injects some activity into the game.
    Kanoplay Server 2
    • Only if the Hitlist is empty will candidates be posts. How often and how many candidates will be listed differ between each game.
      • Again this may seem counter intuitive with less activity that we should be forcing more candidates to be posted however our pool available is much less than FB/KP1.
    Kongregate / Armor
    • Currently there is no support for these platforms
      • As I was saying above, when we launched this feature the games were either not old enough or there were not enough candidates to make this viable. It is likely time that we can evaluate this and look to enable this. Probably a good project for the early New Year.
    So there it is in a nutshell and I will leave it open to discussion. All of the thresholds for how many and how often these are listed is something that can be re-evaluated.

George Burd likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I heard server 2 has fewer bounties than FB (VC that is) So why would it be if hitlist is empty on server 2 only and not the same on FB?

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What is the harm in having more bounties on FB? As I noted above the pool of potential candidates on FB is vastly larger than KP2 so we may as well utilize it to inject even more action into the games. If the pool were large enough on KP2 we would likely do the same.

9. Kel the Merciful King

Thank you for the reply.

Likely the rule of inactivity in KP2, should apply to KP1 as that is the widely known expectation of them. I gather when "Public Relations" announced them, they were all to be like KP2 is, so the "what the %#$@#$ is kano doing" thing arises on KP1 among players.

I note however small it is, when bounty achievements went from 400 to 800, there has been an increase in activity generally on the bounty board. Add in honourables ... and we seem to have "activity" over laid with clan / guild and war mode related activity. When you see though 7 bounties at once on KP1 in VC, 6 god bounties and one war bounty, or are listing and a god bounty flurry pops up, it gets interesting. Not saying good/bad/ugly interesting, just unexpected.

Now at least some folks "know" they are quite random on KP1 not based on any activity level.

I do got a strange follow on question tho: why do they show like they have been riding the bounty for 11 seconds or 14 seconds when they all do show up? Does it take the God's that long to make them visible or are they visible to low levels at 1 s ... mid lows at 2 s ... med lows at 3s ... etc ... then for all, over x level, to then see the leftovers, which might be 2/ 3/ 4 / 5/ 6 of them?

Someone else asked about bounty delay and god bounties and I would suggest that one be a different thread. I don't think it directly relates but that is me :)

George Burd likes this.
  10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No harm in more bounties, just makes it more difficult to select the bounty your actually going for. I for one would rather have my friends get a big bounty that posted, instead of them collecting a tiny god bounty that got in the way.. Just saying ;)

Demonik1 likes this.
  11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Use your eyes o_O! lol. I understand the potential frustration though but I don't see this changing. Just gotta hunt carefully.

@Kel, I would have to go back and look at the old threads but it is plausible that we removed the inactivity check on FB without announcing. If so... sorry :)

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  12. Vic

Vic Active Member

don't bother. they go too fast for me to get any of them. simply putting more up isn't going to help.

13. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i don't have that problem. they're hard to get, but not impossible. at least for me.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. You are complaining about bounties being posted? Well I had thought I had seen it all. I stink at hunting but enjoy the chance to miss more bounties. I believe there are more serious issues to address then God Bounties. What is the motivation for this?

15. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

there would have to be over 10 bounties placed at any given time for me to even have a shot at one of them. that's the way it works on kong. with all the bots and scripts, no one not using them has much of a chance, and kano won't do anything about it.

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i love these. but the coin is paltry, though. that's why i throw a few up every day or two, so other players can actually get a little cash.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kel the Merciful King

Line of the year to the CChing Dog!!!!!! :p

18. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

it seems pretty quiet for me when i see these. i toss a few up from time to time, just... because. the few others that i do see put up are usually taken by the heavy hunters, so these are the only ones i can usually get.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. The Rage

The Rage Member

well Smack.. you use your eyes. you try and catch a few bounties and after you accomplish that and you are lucky enough to beat out the Bots.. then let us step up the challenge and see if you can pick out the bounty your buddy or guild listed for you. you may work at Kano but it is apparent to everyone that you have not played this game and tried to overcome all the Crap that Kano has somehow thought was a good idea. Maybe a few of you should put down the crayons and stop having fun at the Company picnic. Play the game and see for yourself or start listening to the people that actually do play. I work full time and still find a few hrs a day to play... maybe you guys should try doing the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  20. Vic

Vic Active Member

hey, there's nothing wrong with crayons and sniffing glue, i prefer elmer's myself, lol