skull heal tab

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Apr 25, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I looked for the thread on this subject but couldnt find it,.

What ever happened with reverting the skull heal tab back to the way it was? I thought Kano was going to do something to ease the negative impact brought on by them changing it. Healing still sucks under the new way and its still ridiculously unfair that some got to heal for years with relative ease. Thousands of levels were gained in a fraction of the time and still no fix or even a word?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I love a little subject necromancy in the morning. ;)

As far as I remember, we never said that we were going to revert the Rival Heal tab back to the way it was (highly unlikely was the phrase I think I used). We did make some adjustments to make the process a little smoother than it was when it rolled out, to strike a balance between the feature as it was originally intended to be used and how people had gotten used to utilizing it over the years.

3. polishpimp

lol

ooops...didnt mean to say "revert back" (wishful thinking i guess). i just remember it being said it was going to be looked at and I dont remember seeing anything on it since. Seems exactly the way it was, what changes were made?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I recall we brought down the time that the tab appeared over the actual Heal button, but it was a very minor change. We're coming up on just about a year since we made the change, so I think a reevaluation of this feature is in order. Probably nothing earth-shattering, but if we can find the room to make the Healing experience a bit better than I imagine we'll squeeze that in. ;)

5. polishpimp

cool, look forward to hearing what happens. TY.

6. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

wow, so i know a way of quick healing that the almighty pimp doesnt? ill give you a hint...its a heal link somewhere besides the norm...youre a smart guy, youll figure it out ;p

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

This is likely, the NUMBER 1 most xxxx Kano decision of all time. and there is a lot of them to compete with.

I sent in support mail about it, and I got a response something along the lines of "we changed it to stop people from using automation to heal on the hitlist"

but here is the thing about it, Cheaters are going to cheat. I see it everyday. Some jackass pumping out 3 heals per second or higher.

When you could continuously click the skull heal, The difference between a cheater and a non cheater is, the legit player had a tired finger, while the cheater did not.

Now, you've given the cheater an ability to do something that the legit player cannot. Very Very poor decision

Make it on harder on the "Middle guy" to obtain a healty rivals list, for why? To give cheaters the a bigger advantage?

a round of freeeeking applause for the devs at kano/apps.

next. "why dont you just report the people that you see cheating?"

Because Im not a narc, a rat, or a no-good tattle tale.

Its people with their obsession with complaining about "cheaters" (most of which are legit players that are better at the game than the reporter) that brought this half-witted change to the game to begin with.

8. polishpimp

I tend to agree with Eraser. It seems at times that Kano makes rash decisions when trying to stop cheaters that often times results in hurting the legit players even more. This is the perfect example. Players are still using bots while all Kano did was take away the ability of legitimate players to compete.

9. Fusheng

Fusheng Active Member

i have to also agree, many of us upped our health so we could ride the hit-list with the heal tab now i cant and there still people cheating so how has taken this feature away helped, if i saw 1 bit of evidence then good but none hasn't changed a thing

10. Demonik1

wow, am i the ONLY one that knows how to heal without having to move the mouse??? cmon people, there are only a couple spots that have the heal link outside of battles

11. I second this opinion......and it's really getting old. If Kano wanted to really get rid of the cheaters/alts all they would need to do is freeze the main account who's making them and we all know Kano knows who they are. :(

12. No, you're not. But it isn't as good as the skull used to be.

13. Demonik1

its worked better for me than the skull ever did but to each his own

14. Eraser

Eraser Member

Demonik, Pm me thees ancient Chinese secrets?

the only places I see a heal is the one on every page, the rivals tab, attacking a boss, attacking another player, and the one that cost favor points....

None of which are repetitive...

15. DSA

DSA New Member

A [friendly!] caution to the conspiracy theorists...

I've put a lot - okay, an obsessive - amount of work and consideration into the math and logic of these sorts of strategy games. For me, therein lies the challenge. And of course, it is generally only most equitable if everyone's playing by the same spirit of the rules. But, life IS about surviving, even thriving, in the face of inequity. After all, no matter the means, accentuating one thing always comes at the expense of some other. The net effect or definition of "cheating" is a slippery-slope of a definition.

In experience with these types of games, most anyone with better strategy or management of resources - or the blessing of "real-world" resources to add to the game - are often branded "cheaters" by those they may defeat or challenge... merely because a short-sighted challenger can't imagine how someone else might be superior to them.

God help me, had I devised a quick and reliable method of mechanical fire-starting in the mid-1600's.
    I'm just saying... it's a bandwagon upon which all too many people are more than ready to jump.
    And it can be an unfair and insulting thing to be branded with.

That said,
    please enlighten me (as the MW-lcn noob I am) regarding some 'hitlist' mindsets:
    What makes it the norm (except for me, it appears) that hitlisted players passionately go back and thoroughly pulverize (or annoy, as the case may be) every player who hit them, while on the HITlist?
    My logic is that, that's expected, and the hunter has no malice... if I am angry about being listed, it is the sole doing of the person who put me there - and they alone who truly would deserve retribution.

Further, where, even, is the sport in squashing someone mentioned above, if they are, say, 5000+ levels below you? Did you not appreciate those free and easy wins? Is it not a good thing, to accumulate those while riding the list?
    I don't understand the guiding philosophy, here.

16. polishpimp

Good post. What I found odd though is that you dont apply the logic of the first half to your question in the second half. much like you said about players being branded cheaters....the same can be sid of those who are branded bullies. In a game that rewards kicking ones arse, calling a one a bully is a "slippery slope" as well.

As far as your question, its really quite simple. Its not just about the person who listed you, and some free wins means basically nothing especially when one considers that a player does not get XP while being attacked on bounty. The person on bounty is inevitably going to die and lose XP. The person trying to kill someone on bounty may very well get XP (if they win)and they have the potential of getting a huge reward regardless of winning or losing while attacking. Its about reward vs consequence and its up to the person attacking to make that choice....it cant just be all upside for one side of the equation. Perhaps the simplest way of looking at it is this, The person attacking you(regardless of level) is trying to kill you. What better reason is there to want to pulverize them?

Like stated previously...the person on bounty is going to die and lose XP. Its only fair that they get a shot at getting some of that XP back ( no matter how meager it might be) and a chance at killing the person who tried to kill them. In addition....its not as if everyone that goes up on bounty has been found guilty of some grievous crime , anybody with enough coin can toss somebody up, why should it be all down side for one and all upside for the other? Besides, the retaliation window is only 24 hours or until killed, which is peanuts when compared to the potential reward.

In the end....its a game of choices, risk vs reward. Choose wisely.

17. Bocce

Bocce Member

I am a level 5900+ and do not level retribution on those that attack me on the hit-list. The exception to that; if I am at war with the person prior to the list attack. So not everyone sees it as a moral obligation to make people pay for list attack. People do play differently. I do get a kick at all the in-game messages I receive, after riding on the HL.

Now as to why some attack back, simple BECAUSE THEY CAN! No need to over think :).

18. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I personally would like to see the old heal tab back, it was fun and was something everyone could use...Healing via your own profile page isn't quite the same ;) I can offer a pretty please and throw in some cherries for good measure :D