Should We Enforce a Heal to Attack Ratio on the Raid Bosses?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 29, 2015.

?

Should we enforce a Heal to Attack ratio on Raid Bosses?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Then there should be no health restrictions either. You can't restrict one issue without restricting other issues that need to be addressed in the raids right now also. So until all of it gets addressed then no nothing should be done on raids period except making them every few months.

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I agree raids are way to frequent right now

diva of destruction and Jon Ward like this.
  3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I agree on the frequency on the raids and maybe we should have a poll on that but not sure what you mean about the health. I think looking at FFC and a growing number of others now leaving these bosses in the red this has long been a problem that needs to be addressed. In PC if nowhere else.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes some are following suit with watching someone like FFC, but for the rest of us in the know , if I /we re unlucky enough to be on one he is on,since he refuses to heal his damage I look at where he left it ,easy to tell it was him,( and sometimes he gets on ones I am invited to) do my thing and put it right back where he left it. It is a shame but that is what most of us have done now for the three raids, it just does not sit right with me, but it is the only way , so we don't heal for people like that , so they can attack more. :(

BitterSweet likes this.
  5. Jon Ward

And there are plenty of others he isn't on. If someone chooses to jump on the boss with him knowing he can derail it that is their choice and they will have to either let that one go or choose to move onto another one. Kirsten you said it yourself a few postings up people decide who join their bosses if they open it up to players like this then that is their own choice and have to get use to what happens to their boss. Now since you totally blew the issue of limitations on these then how should one agree with anyone else on here about the healing issue. You can't have it one way on a boss. To many players are using these bosses in so many different ways. Leveling screwing with someone to take a spot or just downright killing the raid party everytime to spite someone. So healing isn't the only issue that needs to be addressed that is just a small fraction of the bigger pie. You restrict how many one can do in a day and open up the tier process to anyone who wants to join because it's your raid you will still have plenty to go around and grab ahold of. And less idiots will be tanking these raids.

George Burd likes this.
  6. Kirsten

I can have/want it anyway I want but in the end it is up to kano. Killing the raid has already been addressed,and a benchmark, is in place,as is a min amount of heals, for a reward, the next step is what Mitch has has proposed,and I am good with that. As a matter of fact ,I am not even for the most part affected by players who do not do the right thing, but that does not mean it is okay for them to do it. I am looking at the picture ,the big picture, and sometimes players have to be monitored for behavior that is not in the best interest of everyone.

I also doubt my blowing the issue of your idea of limitations is gonna make or not make kano do anything,it is my opinion , Why would anyone think what I have to say, feel or think, holds any more importance than anyone else is beyond me :p Can I ask how many Raids you have joined this time around?? and I also could do without them being part of the game,but since they are,they need to be looked at for people abusing ,you have always been a supporter of things not being abused. Oh well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  7. Jon Ward

How many raids have i joined this time around 9 total. Why only 9 because i am not wasting time or effort on them much as i have the past raids. And the reason that is they are pointless except for the use in making your account weaker from leveling to fast to gain access to new worlds or newer items from a boss you might be able to unlock. You have just defeated your ownself by doing this. And many players will learn this sooner or later by doing so many just to gain one special item. Which you may spend all your stamina energy and even favor points for one item. And as far as being a supporter of things not being abused i have already addressed there are multiple issues being abused in these raids. Your just taking one aspect of a raid being abused. I am the one who is looking at the bigger picture and the whole aspect of the raids and what it's going to end up doing to Kano's games in general with more bull down the pipeline because to many players didn't use common sense when using these raids to get somewhere and now they have put themselves into a fighting game against players who have built their characters the right way. And what comes next more protection limited hits in a day on a player possibility. Open your mind and get the bigger picture of everything around and you will see the healing issue isn't the biggest issue of the raids.

James Li and kevinmalo like this.
  8. Old Salt

People are just using these Raids as a leveling mechanism and it's going to throw the game horribly out of balance. You're now going to a have a growing number of players (if they keep running these things) far outpacing the adventures and locations. What's KANO going to do to compensate, increase the level requirement between each adventure? I just don't think they would have added something like this to the game a few years ago but now all bets seem to be off. But if there are some there still concerned with keeping the game honest then they really should either scrap this thing or definitely think of cutting down the number of times they run it. I'm watching people go up ten or twenty levels each time I refresh the page and that's insane.

But getting back to the healing problem. I'd say that is the number one issue with the bosses since now you have whole raiding parties not healing the boss after they hit it but rather leaving it precisely in the red where they found it because they do not want to this guy or his acolytes riding their energy. Can't blame them but this does throw a monkey wrench in the teamwork aspect of the raids that KANO is pushing.

9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

abuse 1 person killing raid on purpose fix: raid owner needs to be more careful next time who its shared too
    abuse 2 people who will not heal fix: kano makes the best potential raid killer based on att/health and figures out how many hits/heals a raid would take solo as a beta test, then sets that as minimum ratio for rewards
    abuse 3 people who join raids to take spots fix: player responsibility to be more careful

kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  10. Jon Ward

I am not saying healing isn't an issue in the raids we all know it is. But for me healing is the least of the concern of seeing the bigger picture coming down the pipeline and old salt nailed it more wasted time on new worlds and newer content because now where you had a select few players high enough to need that your going to have all these players that leveled into oblivion off these raids that have made themselves weaker. And i still see sooner or later for making themselves weaker more tweaks in a battle game will come down with less hits being allowed counters will get way cheaper bounties will be cut in half which we have already heard in a previous thread about allowing that to happened and protection feature will be lowered and so on. So yes i see your point on the heal issue but i am looking at the bigger picture still of whats to come and what is going to be put on the back burner because of these raids playing chaos on the game.

Old Salt, James Li, Aapje and 2 others like this.
  11. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Well Jon i hate to say to you but raids are the surce of income for Kano , peeps spend like nuts on this raids so having those more often is just economy for them and raidville for us.FFC gain more then 900 levels so far and i am sure are many who did same , also i saw again a wave of noobs who just joined when the raids started and already doing raids like pro , i bet you more then 50 % of those are alts created to help killing a raid.
    As for healing problem , well i found a solution , i join a raid and i let it at the same amount of life i found it, tierd of selfish who won't heal and like FFC are many others, so if they wanna hit more should heal or kill it i wouldn't care less . Also another solution will be to create more raids bosses groups add peeps you trust and you know they can work together and problem solved.
    Untill Kano will force them to heal i belive there are options we can consider.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. snapper

snapper New Member

More spaces on the top tiers would be nice as most of the lowers seem intent on buggering them up all the time

13. Old Salt

Yep major cash revenue for KANO and maybe that takes precedent now no matter damage done to game. And damage is being done. Game will be hopelessly out of balance after a few more of these things. Mitch? Do you agree?
    Bittersweet, your "solution" to people like FFC is exactly the reason this should have been addressed already. Teamwork out window now every pirate for themselves. I notice a lot of people doing that on Raids he is on. And can't blame them. They have no choice.

BitterSweet, Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  14. Old Salt

Yeah, they would have to add to health of boss but opening up a few new tiers for the top players would give people more of a shot to get on. Instead of 5,000 plus maybe 5000 to 8000 and 8000 to 110,000 then 110,000 plus. Upper levels are the ones that fill up in seconds.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Kirsten

On Fb that that is needed, for sure,something is needed,besides keeping people from taking spots and never coming back, I see some high levels doing it, and I am pretty sure it is a strategy to keep others off, a little diabolical if ya ask me,but George is saying it is happening in KONG also, that is just plain nasty,and lets us not forget the vampires that leave it in the red, and a New development,Lower levels who are clueless about just everything about the games, killing their own raid over and over and then asking for help and at the same time screwing over those that joined, I see that around and have in the other games, the trend is growing, but it gives me people to list ,:eek:I find myself looking thru full bosses that I am not even on and exacting revenge :)

George Burd likes this.
  16. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It's happens a lot on Kong actually. The vampires that leave it in red is actually less of an issue, in my experience.

George Burd likes this.
  17. BitterSweet

Well i do hope Kano make peeps heal after their hits , i was hoping this will came along with this raid but it didn't happend. And i so did it in raids i end up with FFC , he left it red i did same and also i wrote in feed , i found the raid at 50k life i hit and let it there for FFC to heal his mess. I will not use energy for him , he stays on loads and does his adventures and expect others to heal after him.

Old Salt likes this.
  18. BitterSweet

@Aapje - Kano won't put a limit in how many raids you can join cause his is just cash flow for them.I don't care if they limit raids since i don't join that many buy there are alot of peeps who level like nuts from raids , soon we end up with loads of uppers .

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  19. Old Salt

Yep, that's the coming unbalance in the game. I'm beating the crap out of this one dope who is leveling at light speed off of these things. And unfortunately for him this raid is going to leave him dead in the water and right in my sights. It will take him at least another few raids to level himself beyond my attack and I will be blasting his boat out from underneath him the whole time. So get ready for lots of clueless morons coming up the ranks off of these raids who think that leveling at warp speed is making them stronger.
    But is that really the game KANO wants? Loads of people outrunning new cities and bosses being introduced? Running ahead of the game?

20. Kirsten

So it would seem, so it would seem.