Secret gift

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Kirsten, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

This is not newbies, in My case, and I even keep sending them a message and it is ignored,was thinking of declanning also,just cause they cannot be bothered.

Jon Ward and Chasity like this.
  2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

huh. Not having played the games the secret gift is in I had no idea it was a crappy item. OOPs. I too thought it just randomized to something if we couldn't send the high level gift.

Mi7ch,
    would be as simple as moving it from the first location. When we don't get the wishlist or aren't high enough it defaults to that secret one ;)

i'll make sure to randomly pick something from now on if I don't get the wishlist option.

Chasity likes this.
  3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

I started removing players long ago who would do nothing but send the secret gift to me every day. But i would always send them the item they wanted. And i agree with Kirsten and Old Salt. Always look ahead at what items you will be needing for something new to be crafted that will help improve your character.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Didn't think of that. The "secret gift" may be just a default item the game sends if the person doesn't have the gift you want in your wish list. That may be the reason for the unwanted gifts then.

George Burd and AlterEgoT like this.
  5. Kirsten

Yes it was mentioned that it is true,but the people sending me it are not new players,I guess if Kano cannot get rid of It I will start declanning the ones who keep sending it,if they are not gonna send me what is on my list, problem solved,and yes I have had new players send me the ones on my list, so there lies the question ?? HUH??

6. AlterEgoT

even if they have a wishlist it often asks me to send the secret gift even if I can send the other gifts.

not sure why. If i'm clicking fast I don't realize it when returning gifts.

Hence why I say if kano just changes the order it shouldn't default to that so often.

but yes if you've asked for them to send something else at bare minimun don't send them a gift. Since many times it's just in the returning that happens.

and having asked them not to, it may be the squad just isn't into the game much.

IDK I've never gotten much into the gifting since on ZS it's pretty useless except for the small levels. (The crafting is not really useful there)

I always get bombarded with whichever item is first on the list. Just by the way it tries to make you give that gift when returning. Wishlist or not.

7. Kirsten

In the other three games, crafting is important so gifts and adventure, and boss drops are needed to craft. Hence the secret gift is useless to us there. I never noticed that ZS did not have the secret gift, good to know :) so then we don't need it in the others :p

and here it is again and he is a long time player

Bobby has sent you the Secret Gift.
    7 hours ago
    [​IMG]

Eddie has sent you the Secret Gift.
    7 hours ago
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

do we even have secret gifts in FB/ZS??? don't think ive ever seen them...

9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

now I am curious if when sometimes I get a pop up window when sending gifts, and I just hit send if it sends a secret or something on their list, this happens every so often instead of just receiving the sent message

10. Kirsten

hence that is why it is a secret :p

RainSunGone likes this.
  11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Really? It prompts you to send the secret gift? I've never seen that. I have noticed that the secret gift is always the first gift listed after the wishlist unless someone has it in their wishlist of course. Maybe it's a bug.

12. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

It has never prompt me either old salt about the secret gift. But then again i don't send to players the secret gift anymore either not since the first week or two it was introduced.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. AlterEgoT

maybe the prompt means it's on their wishlist?

It defaults to the secret one when they have items I'm not eligible to send.

I honestly never paid much attention. Since I assumed the secret was a random one from the list so it was just as good as guessing as to what they wanted if I couldn't send what they asked for.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

By what I've seen if no gifts on list=auto pop's up to secret gift.
    If have secret gift in wishlist, it will always pick that item 1st, because upon collecting, it'll show 0 secret gifts owned.
    With full wishlist, the gift that gets sent is the lowest amount owned, not the order.

15. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

If you have lower levels in your mob/clan/armada, some of them may not be able to send the gifts in your wishlist due to level and i know in LCN some just send the secret gift because they are too lazy to send something that might be of use. :)

16. Kirsten

But if ya list is full and someone sends it from the adventure help it still should be something on the list, I don't have the secret gift on my list, although I seem some do, just like the memorial gifts, some have only them in their wish list, it is nice to remember someone , but I guess those people have no intention of crafting, like they don't intend on fighting or doing bosses or anything that alot of us do, for whatever reason.

17. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

not always. for some reason, i can't post a screenshot here. but my inventory is showing that i own 1.

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Sometimes upload file won't appear no clue why. But can always use image share to do it, like imgur or tinypics. My inventory shows zero secret gifts owned.

19. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

When a person sends something and does not want something back, the option defaults to sending a secret gift to keep the chain of gifting going. That is the use of the secret gift. It requires no other action than to send it i.e. gift selection / thinking.

If you do them en masse as I do "normally", its a nothingness to send them.

Now if a person sends u a secret gift and you are not requesting that, and they are of sufficient level to send what you want (or not want but ask for anyways!), maybe they are giving ya a hint of something else :p

20. Kirsten

Yeah they are saying,"I don't play seriously and have no idea what I am doing", " I also could care less how many times you send me a message about it , so am not gonna send ya what is on your wish list "So then ***I ***say Buh bye :p

Kel the Merciful King likes this.