Rewards for Armada's that race?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lilapsophobia, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Lilapsophobia

Lilapsophobia New Member

I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this but I believe it would be genuinely a good idea to be rewarded for your overall performance as an Armada.

thor persson likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

well I for one,don't cause it makes people use alts, as far as rewards for anything, like this I personally could care less, I only care about the lengths some will go to to get said rewards.

3. thor persson

thor persson Member

Kirsten I can understand your opinion, but I think it is a good idea and may actually encourage more people/armadas to get full seasonal points and be on for the race. At the moment the 'rewards' are just basically the knowledge of coming in first,second, third. Since the inception of guild wars the xp that goes towards an armadas total xp is ridiculously high. There should be more xp awarded as well as the forementioned idea for the race as people of all sorts of walks and life will make an effort and wake up/make sure they are on.

George Burd likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Personally I would never get up at 1:00 am for a game,on purpose, I get up at 5:00 am for work. But there are people who will. Crazy stuff, but there are also people who will let others on their accounts to get the job done,and also make alts for the purpose,that is my concern,a virtual trophy,no not interested,only in those that cheat. I can remember a time when their were no guilds/armada's,etc. I am not saying it is a good or bad Idea,I just know people and the lengths they go to in a game.

George Burd likes this.
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

The virtual trophy that was raced upon by numerous armadas came to light recently as those individuals used alts to get a virtual trophy for armada points as a team to have all the seasonal points in before someone else. :eek: A virtual trophy:eek: Now imagine you add rewards to it that can actually impact the game in some way and see how many alts will be used:eek: So do you really want to go this route no.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Kirsten

Totally why I posted what I did, we know an armada's that did that,I know armada's/guilds that switch,around players on Sat nite, in order to win, so lame for a rank and a virtual trophy, lmao I do my points for me I don't need a carrot dangled in front of my nose to do them :p, they also attack each other for the battle DGP's to win, how is that even ethical lol

7. Lilapsophobia

Lilapsophobia New Member

Not saying I oppose your opinions (Kristen&Jon) because you're entitled to them. But saying implementing rewards for Armada's would cause alternative accounts to become more of a popularity is like saying Raid Bosses are a bad idea because of how people take advantage of them and level to fast paced. There are pro's and con's to everything.

George Burd likes this.
  8. Jon Ward

We can't even get them to take a look at armada wars and look how wasteful it is wasting all those djs to gain 20 back if you win 1st place. Do you really think they will implement this idea that your asking probably not because it's not going to benefit them and produce more money for them. If you haven't realized what many players have now everything that they are coming out with or redoing is trying to bring in more cash flow. Raids if you want to level faster and get somewhere quicker have to spend that money. Battle Arena the new and improved for 24hrs straight. If you want to level fast in that surmass god knows how many drops since they haven't even said there will be a limitation on drops in the 24hr mode. You have the money you can keep leveling for 24hrs straight and just wait and see over the next couple battle arena's how many levels and how much money they will possibly make from certain players. What your suggesting right now isn't going to bring in a cash flow so it will be either dismissed or put on the back burner like all the other ideas or things they said will be coming that haven't showed up yet.

BitterSweet and Lilapsophobia like this.
  9. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

it is a business, if you dont want to play that way play for free and do what you can, or find a new game. Its no different then me buying a game for xbox and 3 minths later they have a new DLC that I think they should have put in the original, but to play it I have to buy it.

10. Lilapsophobia

Lilapsophobia New Member

That is very well said Jon. But one thing KANO could do to make a profit out of this idea would be to add extra points every time someone in your Armada levels. Like Zombie Slayer and it's also based on your level how much you earn your Armada. I believe this would encouraged more players that are higher to maybe even spend more money just so they could replace the empty spots with extra gamer points from there self. But as you said earlier KANO wants the most bang for their buck which currently is the Raid Bosses until every one experiences the new formatted Battle Arena.

11. Jon Ward

Again i will state again to you George there is a difference in paying for a game and sinking a game. All these new features are sinking the game. Just because not everyone comes to the forums like you me and some others doesn't mean there isn't mass disgruntle players throughout the game. Whether it be raids battle arena armada wars and so forth. Your only going to have players spend so much before they realize that no one cares to give them the attention they deserve or the satisfaction of them playing with one another. I mean there is one high level player that sits there board out of his mind half the time because it takes them a week and they are usually finished with the new content. So all they have left to do is try to get someone to fight them and pull them into their game. Otherwise small few players they can attack on a fight list if any. Unless they bounty and you retaliate against them.

George Burd likes this.
  12. George Burd

I agree, but if they dont care enough about the gMe to come and voice it, shame on them. and you will always have people who rush thru games, you dont make money on old players you make it on new ones trying to catch up

Kirsten and Jon Ward like this.
  13. Jon Ward

True but new ones wont get nowhere in the game by leveling fast and not building. All they are doing is making themselves and easy target and then they whine complain and possibly leave.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  14. George Burd

hence the battle drops in new arena and the big drops on raids

15. George Burd

I would not be surprised to see attack drops on raids soon

16. Jon Ward

Yeah i see that happening and guess what that is going to sink the game faster. Especially if their is no limits on the raids like so many want. Because your going to have people rooster blocking one another just to keep them from building.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Like I Said in theory it is a nice Idea,Myself personally I don't care, but what I do care about it what and I have played long enough to see it over and over,the cheating that is done for the slightest edge, or stupid reward, or to be ranked in something,People are sneaky dishonest when it comes to online games ,Been playing these types of games for about 9 years and have seen it all.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  18. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

So what you saying is to buy with DJ the left overs Daily Gamer Points so your armada can finish 1st on every week ?? :eek::eek::eek:
    Yeah right this is what we need now , another idea for Kano to cash in !

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.