Reciprocation; The Lost Art?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Athenis, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Athenis

Athenis New Member

Maybe it's just me and the people I've added, or bad luck in general. But has anyone else noticed the really bad trend that people who are generous with their stamina get stuck in where they help people out as much as they can, and then when they put up a co-op boss, no one seems to help?

I see people that post boss after boss after boss, the second one is down they post another, and others that post several bosses at a time and then spam everyone with the help requests yet they never seem to help anyone else. My general idea is that I help 4 people at once and keep 1 boss up for myself at a time. I'll post a help request for my boss no more than once every 12 hours and on the people I am helping I do my best to get the minimum required amount of damage for the boss reward (if there is one) or 100k in damage, whichever is more appropriate for that boss.

With pretty much all FB games I keep a txt file that has each game and then under it a list of whom in that game helps me out, who sends gifts, and who only sends out requests (aka leechers) so that I make sure to help out people who help me. Even if I'm down to almost no stamina and trying to finish my own boss before time runs out, I'll hit theirs with a power attack at least once. If nothing else it helps them towards their next power attack.

Is it really that hard for other people to do? I've started keeping a list of people that I help that never help back, and it's far outweighing the number of people that I help whom do help back. It's really sad.

Just wanted to hear if anyone else has that problem. And no, I'm not complaining about it like I expect everyone to help out because the world revolves around me or anything, it's just a common courtesy that a lot of people don't seem to care about enough to bother.

2. Lyca

Lyca Member

I try to help everyone who asks.. mostly I do, even if I only click once to help with an unlock. I have some loyal squad who always help me out but I have a lot of squad who never help.. I guess it all depends on how you play.

3. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Im a low level player but I would still try and help the people that help me,the only time I would not help was if I was almost out of Stamina,but I see from how you people do it I was wrong on my thinking with that.I just thought it would be better for them if they had someone help that could hit more then once,I guess I could click on help and see how many slots they have left then go from there,is this a good way to do it?or just help them no matter what?Like I said Im a low level player and dont have a lot of Stamina but I still try to help those that help me.

4. Athenis

Athenis New Member

Some people prefer you only join if you can do a lot of damage, others just want their roster to be full so they can get the better power attack. You can usually tell by looking at the boss fight and seeing how much damage others have done. A lot of people will also say in their help request post if they are looking for hits or damage.

5. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Thanks for the info,ill watch for people asking that.Thanks again

6. Lyca

Lyca Member

I prefer people to just hit once to unlock the attacks and I always say that on my help request.. but I also say that if people want to hit lots for the drops I don't mind.. and help is good help..

I don't understand why more people don't click the co op boss help requests anyway.. because you do get exp for helping.. I get about 140exp if I click a request using just one stamina.. I know it's less for the lower levels but yeah.. more people should click imo..:)

7. Jessica

Jessica Member

I've noticed that too about people helping with boss battles. Out of 47 people in my squad I tend to see maybe 2 or 3 help me daily while on the other hand I tend to hit my squads boss at least once to help unlock power attacks. A tactic I've been using is to attack once then leave the boss alone and if I notice the boss has less than 8 hours or so left on a squad members boss and see that person has been making an effort to actually kill it themself I'll make it my primary target til its dead.

8. Athenis

Athenis New Member

Yeah, if I see that someone put up a boss and then didn't even attack it, I won't help them, nor if they attack once and then don't again. Even worse is people that put up several at once and then spam help requests for them all. I've removed a few people that do that already.

9. SteveW

SteveW Member

I used to help but on the account that I never had help back when asked I stopped bothering. I only help a couple of friends now.....

10. traderdad

traderdad New Member

Same here - I try to help out whenever possible. Heck, many times I get better rewards on the bosses that I help on for others than on my own, so its win-win. But of all the boss requests I have made, I can't recall ever getting enough people to unlock the second power attack. So much for the "social" aspect of gaming :-(

11. samowen

samowen New Member

Yes, especially in ZS. I've learned to never summon a boss I couldn't take on my own becuase of this. All I really need is one click to help launch a stronger attack. They don't even need to actually fight the boss.

12. AbNo

AbNo Member

I help, but I rarely post help, as my work schedule allows me to beat most bosses by myself over a day or two.