[LCN] Raid Keys

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Luis Ferreira, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Luis Ferreira

Luis Ferreira Member

Its pure random or there is specific jobs in each city for the keys where the drop rate is better ?
    The Random rate must be seen .... 4000 Energy in Jobs and only one Key in London...
    Suggestion :
    Improve a little bit the odds for dropping the keys, or change the method to open the raid, for example doing a specific job n Times.
    Txs

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ya have to hover over the keys and it will tell you what location to be in then use the job with that uses the most energy, usually it is the last job or sometimes the one above it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

It actually seems to be a combo of random and energy used per job. You can get it from the lowest energy job, but the highest energy job has a higher chance.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yes it is, highest energy in location has better % drop of key

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

From the Raid Boss Walkthrough: Remember that the highest Energy requirement Jobs in each Location have the best drop rates. It might take some time to summon a Raid Boss as the Keys drop randomly from doing Jobs. If you haven’t received a Key yet, keep at it!

So that's the official word. ;)

6. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

They will not improve the drop rate as they want you to spend money buying energy refills, it has cost me over 12,000 energy to get a full set of keys before. Don't forget this ceased to be a game a long long time ago and is now just an exercise for Kano in seeing how much money they can suck from gullible customers (I am loathed to use the words players).

Sandy Barrows likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've improved the drop rate several times. Average Energy during the first Raid Boss to collect all the keys was around 6,000. This was obviously way too high and we adjusted that down to 4,000 and now it is roughly half of that.

Again this is an average. You might spend more Energy, you might spend less. But to say we have not improved the drop rates is categorically untrue. If you do lower Energy requirement missions then it will take longer to get the keys, but the average Energy spent to get keys is now around 2,000 down from 6,000. That is, by most metrics, an "improvement".

My source is, perhaps somewhat ironically, myself, but here's where I originally spelled that out: http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/...and-feedback-thread.14814/page-39#post-138999

JADES likes this.
  8. Friendly Fire

Friendly Fire Well-Known Member

I must have been on of the unlucky ones along with about 7 or 8 others that I am in a chat with who had similar drop rates.

It would be much better if we could also buy each key for a cost 3fp (maybe a full set for 10 fp), you would probably see a high uptake rate and more raids being done as a result of that and therefore generate more income. If I could buy a set of keys for 10 fp I would probably open 4 or 5 raids during the raid window as opposed to the 1 I open currently.

9. Luis Ferreira

Luis Ferreira Member

I Quit hunting keys... 3.500 energy in London .
    94 Attempts for one key ... Must be an Unlucky one

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  10. Bocce

Bocce Member

Mitch, since I just completed getting all four keys here are my observations. Started my key quest with just under 2500 energy, needed all of it to get the first two keys, loaded up 3k in stam in the quest to find the last two, and blow through another 2900. In total that is over 6k in energy wasted. I dare you to look at my account and prove otherwise. I would be surprised if it ever was closed to just using 2k in stam. Kano's algorithm needs to be checked again. Time for QA!!!!!!

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

If your enjoyment of the games revolves around raids that are only once a month, what do you do for the other 23 days? This hardly seems a priority to me.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Kirsten

The drop of keys is random , sometimes it is quick other times it is not. I have used alot more that at times, and sometimes a fraction of what you used. :)

JADES likes this.
  13. Bocce

Bocce Member

That is not what Mitch was saying.

14. Kirsten

well that has been my experience in the almost 2 years of doing raids, did not read what Mitch said, besides Mitch does not play the game.

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That is exactly what I'm saying. The average Energy needed to acquire all Keys, if you are doing what the walkthrough recommends and doing the highest Energy requirement Job in a given Location, is around 2,000 Energy. Again this is the average. It might take you more, it might take you less. The average does not cancel out the randomness of the drops.

JADES and Kirsten like this.
  16. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

So much confusion lately - credibility has gone with the bans - older and wiser players have been excluded - so we lost a layer of experience and sound advice on these matters !

17. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

My experience pretty much echoes what Mitch stated in his response. I've gotten all keys using less than 1000 energy and I've had those times I've used up all my available energy, used a boost and then had to dip into my daily to get them all. I have no complaints. It is what it is.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  18. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

With so many raids available in world chat and summoned by friends, I cant see any reason why I should waste energy for this, as there are no advantages in having your own raid. For the FPs I have to use on energy refills I can buy a way better weapon than any drop. And I doubt, that the superior drops are worth more than 15FPs.

Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I like to open my own, usually three in two games, keys usually drop easy, but sometimes one key can stick like a bugger lol

20. Starmaster

Starmaster Member

So far I haven't opened one because of all the raids I've participated in so far only 2 were completed. I'm wondering if the first level needs to be upped to 20 since those 10 always seem to have at least 6 in the top 10. I have however gotten the keys to start a raid. Sometimes quickly, sometimes all except 1 stubborn key that just won't drop. Guessing that is random. lol