[LCN] Raid Boss BETA # 2, Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yes, please reduce the penalty for a kill and give that penalty mostly to the player who did it. A lot of raids are not full, because people are afraid to let in people who may kill the raid.

2. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i think a lot of raids are not full because the level tiers aren't set up right, and it takes too much effort to put them down.

3. Bocce

Bocce Member

When I finished my raid boss I did get an achievement. I could have sworn though it said 1 of 2 50% complete. I opened a second boss to complete the raid boss achievement, but got nothing. Was the error the first notice or not getting an achievement for taking down the second.
    I still feel the tiers are not proper on FB. I would suggest 1-2499, 2500-5k, over 5k.
    Also, people can attain many levels, myself I reached 145. I know this is not PvP, but the fact people ca get some many levels but yet hide in the hospital or dead, seems wrong to me.
    25 energy to heal is to high, that should be cut down. I notice some bosses people do not heal at all. They just attack, maybe if it was lower players would play a more rounded game.
    Also, a person should be able to jettison a player from their raid who is not performing.

4. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I would also agree to know i sit back and thought about these things are putting people at same level as some one who played 1800 days and now its turning the table to where if u dont spend you cant keep up so healing needs to be done so that u cant just sit and lvl while dead I agree 100% now :)

5. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

no. if i have to be healed to attack the raids, i'll be killed so much i'll go into negative xp. healing should not be a requirement to attack the raids, especially considering what you have to put into them to put them down.

Aapje and kevinmalo like this.
  6. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I get that Jarvin but what we are seeing is the new accounts growing rapidly and making it not even across the boards the lower tiers benefit so much for the easy level while the top levels say 30% of them the xp aint helping much we can do more using leveling partners that takes hours to get a couple levels others tho are passing a whole city in a matter of days, Making it not fair for others due to fact some spending 2400 to 3600 fps in that time and flying outta range, if it keeps up these raids will screw up the levels something terrible those just starting will bypass the ones that works years and put in alot of time just for a credit card mafia come along do these raids and pass the hardworkers who put in time for this app. the hard way and took years to get where they are so somebody start and less than 1/5th the time come up and beat you or pass you buy, its a good way to run off some of the others in the game. You can hide in the hospital for 4 days and level all you want without losing xp and that aint right either tho, the ba and sw's i can see you dont gain that many levels and dont have 8 days to do it either, so they should not be bothered but when you can hide and level 400 lvl's or more that aint right either if i had that when i started i would never heal and just level off the raids, and wont need to play.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  7. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i doubt it, jamey. the highest levels in the game won't be negatively affected. as a matter of fact, they'll have a bunch more weak accounts to gang up on and list into oblivion. so what's the harm in that? there is something to be said for NOT leveling up too fast.

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There are currently two Raid Bosses so if you missed the achievement from the Hacker Ring event, that would be why you're seeing 50% complete on that.

Tiers are always up for discussion, so I'll keep that in mind the next time I talk with the developers about the Raid Boss. :)

The Raid Boss does allow for some good leveling, but it's dependent on where exactly you are in the level progression. Also we originally had it so that if you were in the Hospital you could not attack the Raid Boss but feedback around that caused us to change it.

We're lowering the Energy required to Heal next event by 20% and buffing the healing applied to the Party by 15%.

We did explore removing players from Raid Groups but unfortunately this would cause some technical issues as removing players from events causes some problems to occur in the games. We're still looking into other options to incentive players to contribute their fair share.

9. I'm hoping that you drop the cost of energy to 10-15 because it is still too high even at 20.

The raids are good to level from if you have deep pockets but it seems like Kano are being greedy with the amount of money having to be spent to play these.

10. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

People should want to heal, due to it giving better exp than just hitting. The current system just encourages the use of healing alts.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Maybe. But if everyone's healing, what if you can't get your 1,000 heals in? I've already had that happen, and I've missed out on drops because of it.

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Then the 1000 heals requirement can go away, and you can just have a general requirement on the number of actions.

13. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I think this would be better. The healing requirement is not going to prevent sabotaging raids. Increasing the number of actions would help encourage more of these to be put down, so that the boss owner doesn't have to take up all of the slack.

14. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

The person who starts the Raid Boss DOES get "an extra reward" in the form of being GUARANTEED a "Superior" Item Drop for defeating their first Raid Boss (regardless of their performance and assuming they complete the minimum required 250 Actions). If someone decides to open a second or third Raid Boss, they are no longer guaranteed a "Superior" Item Drop just for starting it, but they will be guaranteed one by performing the most Actions in their respective Level Tier (which the owner SHOULD do in my opinion). From the beginning, it's most definitely been made perfectly clear that the Raid Bosses are SUPPOSED to be difficult challenge, and the owner needs to choose their Raid Group wisely, so there are no surprises for me in those areas. I do agree that the random energy drops seemed to be MUCH less and there were FAR fewer of them than with the Hacker Ring Raid Bosses. Offering an occasional Stamina drop might be nice, but the main problem we are faced with seems to be the lack of Energy to keep the Raid Party's Health full, so the Energy Drops make much more sense - if and when they happen. I continue reading Post after Post with people stating that they're done with Raid Bosses and NEVER participating in them again, but then I see those SAME people in almost every Raid Boss Posted in the Job Chat, even after saying they won't ever join one again - actions have always spoken louder than words for me, and I'm beginning to have trouble believing the many Posts from players stating they are no longer participating in Raid Bosses..

15. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

@Kirsten - What is your LCN Mob link so we can "Mob Up"? Just click on my signature at the end of my Posts to access mine - hope we are able to help one another out, as I wasn't aware you played LCN! Look forward to hearing from you Kirsten! :D

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'll participate in them, but I won't open up any. They take too much to put down, and there aren't enough players willing to make significant investments in them.

Aapje likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I got in some in LCN, but I don't have the resources like I do in PC and VC, last PC one I was in over 100,and there are still some alive ,we have to finish. But opening my own,not thanks rather spend my stam and energy doing someone else's

18. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Exactly. I try to do at least 10,000 actions on the ones that I join. But sometimes that's not even enough to put them down, because there aren't enough players willing to do the same.

19. meezy

meezy Member

AGain, i think the stam vs. xp output sucks. at least in LCN. I carry about 1100 stam most times. which probably is far less than many but should allow me to level at least 5 times per rotation of energy/stam...but i noticed that I leveled maybe once?? It could be that i dont have quite enough health to help me?? Im thinking the xp reward should scale to the level of the player. When you need 250k + xp to level, 3800 xp per power attack is simply not going to cut it.

20. meezy

meezy Member

Honestly, ive never had an issue with energy. Maybe its me..maybe im just lucky. I also am very careful not to hit when i dont have any energy. In my experience, i think i've killed one party and it was an accident becuase the last person that hit it before me left the party almost dead. I couldnt see it immediately or maybe didnt recognize it..so i hit the boss once and got the dreaded message. In short, i dont think energy is an issue..i think stam is an issue as it relates to the xp gained per power attack. My opinion is that the xp should scale to the players level. If the player needs 400K to level, then xp gained should be commensurate so that it works for the individual and tier.